What CD have you HATED!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Simple as that... have you had a cloth diaper that you hated??

I am in the stash making process and see a lot of recommendations but I want to know what you didn't like and why...
#2 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 PM

These: http://www.ecobaby.com/catalog/product.asp?pf_id=pcabs These are the reason I tried and gave up on cloth diapering two seperate times with each of my two boys. They look and feel AWESOME and I was so excited to be given them for free- the whole set-up with lots of inserts and some covers and everything-- but those diapers-- ugh-- they were such a disappointment. I was given them by someone else who, ironically, also gave up on cloth diapering while trying to use these. I didn't make the connection before but now I wonder if these diapers played a role in quitting for her, too. Anyway, we found that they fit poorly (a narrow range of sizes), leaked, and the worst thing about them is that the snaps come off SO easily-- and you can't get them back on because they totally tear off. I am so glad I didn't spend any money on them because they are expensive!!! I gave them back to the lady who gave them to me-- well, except for the many that were unusable due to missing snaps.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#3 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I didn't hate bum genus, but I didn't love them either. The velcro was was too small for my big baby.... I was using the One Size and she was only 3 months old and I could see that the velcro would not be working for very long.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#4 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 01:41 PM

my favorite cover is thirsties so I tried their AIO and had leaks every time we used it. I guess I could stuff it with inserts but then what's the point in an AIO?
#5 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 01:56 PM

I really don't like the wonderoo OS pocket... we get horrible wing droop and it just fits all sorts of funky.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM

bum genius 3.0

After seven months of use, this one size diaper is falling apart. Not worth the money, imo.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#7 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I really don't like the wonderoo OS pocket... we get horrible wing droop and it just fits all sorts of funky.
Yep, me too! I don't like that it only has two sets of snaps for the sizing, so it always poofs out in the middle. Dd always seems wet around the legs, no matter what I do.
#8 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Swaddlebees pockets. Never worked for us.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#9 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Little Lambs AIO. I bought a few of these when I was pregnant with DS, and they never worked for us. The first time I took him out by myself to go grocery shopping I thought an AIO would be convenient. No. We ended up with pee all over him, me and the sling. I gave them a few more chances then got rid of them. Life is too short (and I'm not patient enough) to use crappy diapers.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#10 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM

G-diapers... a waste, just a waste.

Mama to 8 little ones by birth and adoption. S 14, E 12, G 10, C 9, K 7, N 6, R 5, Ch 3 and baby T 9 months

#11 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 PM

I don't like Swaddlebees. They're too trim, and we always, always had leaks. I also don't really like the Bum Genius. They're not durable. I have fuzzi bunz that have been in continuous use for 4 1/2 years, and they're still in good shape. Our bum genius were worn out in less than a year.

I'm not a big pocket diaper fan to begin with, actually.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#12 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 03:48 PM

Dappi fitteds and wraps! Someone gave me some of these when my LO was born and I almost gave up on CD because of them. Leaks, leaks, leaks!
#13 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
I couldn't pass up without a smile at this.

now back to my answer.

IMO -- any cloth is better than a chemically loaded disposable.
Please keep in mind as your building your stash, what works for some may be just the opposite for the person across the table. You may have the Best, Most popular, cutiest diapers purchased by many and it can be exactly what does not work for you, for many reasons.
You can have a great diaper and if you have a crappy cover it alters your thinking about the performance of the diaper itself.
You can have prefolds, the cheapest, most budget friendly diaper out there and have an awesome cover and get a better performance than the high end 50.00 diapers.
You might want to also factor in that you could have a light or heavy wetter in comparison to others. Have a child with thin or thick legs, which again alter the performance of the diaper. Long waist/short waist.

There are so many variables to consider when building a stash as your collecting testimonials. I would suggest several types/brands of diapers so you can feel out what is the best fit for YOUR baby.

To answer the question -- AIO's were my least favorite.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#14 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
I don't like Swaddlebees. They're too trim, and we always, always had leaks.
WOW I love swaddlebees because they're trim and I think they're super absorbant. My dd is a heavy wetter and it still contains her!
#15 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 04:39 PM

While I didn't hate them, Swaddlebee pockets never worked for us. Too narrow in the crotch = leak city. I just love their fitteds though.

Vermont Company Diapers were a big disappointment. Not very absorbant at all.
#16 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 04:45 PM

I agree with Ifluffedthree - everyone likes something different, so beware. For my dislikes - All Together Diaper's fitteds/AIO. Fit was just not great and take forever to dry. Also hold more stink than our other dipes.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#17 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM

HATE is a strong word, but Wonderoos OS pockets were my least favorite.

I HATE disposables

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#18 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 PM

I didn't really like Happy Heineys (to be fair, the ones I had may have been prints. I also didn't like the fit at all).
I didn't like Little Lambs aio's either, but I had a print. My friend who has solid ones loves them and says they work perfectly for her.

Other than that, with ds (started cd'ing at 5mos) I hated pf's. I also tried some fitteds/covers that I couldn't stand.
Hopefully that'll be different for the newborn this time around- cuz I bought a lot of fitteds!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#19 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM

Swaddlebees AIO did not work for us at all. It was a really bad fit I guess.
#20 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifluffedthree View Post

Please keep in mind as your building your stash, what works for some may be just the opposite for the person across the table. You may have the Best, Most popular, cutiest diapers purchased by many and it can be exactly what does not work for you, for many reasons.
You can have a great diaper and if you have a crappy cover it alters your thinking about the performance of the diaper itself.
You can have prefolds, the cheapest, most budget friendly diaper out there and have an awesome cover and get a better performance than the high end 50.00 diapers.
You might want to also factor in that you could have a light or heavy wetter in comparison to others. Have a child with thin or thick legs, which again alter the performance of the diaper. Long waist/short waist.

There are so many variables to consider when building a stash as your collecting testimonials. I would suggest several types/brands of diapers so you can feel out what is the best fit for YOUR baby.
This.

My least favorite diapers are actually Fuzzi Bunz. I am so glad that I only bought one of them even though I thought I would just adore these. I've found that snaps just annoy the heck out of me in general and that I can never get a really good fit out of my Fuzzi Bunz.

The diapering system I never thought I would enjoy is prefolds/covers and that's what I've liked the best.

Candace - Mama to Molly (02/06), Max (06/08) and Maggie (03/10)
#21 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 PM

AIO's to me they never seem to come really clean i feel like the water doesn't get through them well or something .
i really disliked bum genius 3.0, they are not built to last, i was very dissapointed by them.
Gdiapers ugh it's a good idea gone bad.
gerber prefolds.
#22 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM

I really dislike bum genius 3.0 and swaddlebees pockets!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#23 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
those and bumkins aio, the bumkins covers are good though

eta mother ease one size
my kid is very thin and they will never work right
#24 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 PM

Can't stand the bum genius. The Velcro wore out right away and they leek a lot.

#25 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 08:11 PM

BumGenius. I will gladly use the word HATE with those crap diapers. We got the originals and when my kids peed it went right through them as if they weren't even wearing them.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#26 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamom View Post
Can't stand the bum genius. The Velcro wore out right away and they leek a lot.
Yes! And the velcro! They wouldn't even stay on after just a few washes.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#27 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemomma View Post
i really disliked bum genius 3.0, they are not built to last, i was very dissapointed by them.
Yep. I like the BGs, but never again will I pay full price for one.

Trying to balance a preschooler and peace....
#28 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Can I vote for two? Kushies and Little Lambs. I would have been better off using no diaper and having less to wash.
#29 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 PM

I despise pocket diapers (Apron Strings fleece, Ella's, FuzziBunz, Happy Heinys, SwaddleBees and Wonderoos OS). The elastic doesn't last at all, the material retains odors and microfibre inserts retain odors as well.

I did not like the old-style Rumpsters "special edition" AIO until I removed the fleece strips from them; the fleece strip just made them wick on the sides. I guess any diaper with polyester fleece is not one I want to use.
#30 of 102 Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 PM

Baby Kangas. I couldn't get them to fit right at ALL, no matter what size DS was.

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page