Diaper Service in Olympia WA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in the Finding Your Tribe forum for folks in my area, but I wanted to make sure this was seen by cloth diapering folks. I am looking for a diaper service that serves Olympia, Washington. Any of you from the area and not washing your own?

Thanks,
Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 04:07 PM

I seem to remember a mini-newspaper of sorts in the lobby at L&D at Capital Medical Center that was dedicated to crunchy parenting and had a couple of diaper service companies? Tacoma area but serving Olympia if I remember correctly. Anyway, it might be worth a phone call to CMC. Other than that, we're washing our own! Good luck!
~Kira
#3 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I am not of much help- but I know there is a pretty earthy mag at the co/op and they may have some info in there- It is a free mag. I like Kira also wash my own- Is there a reason you want a diaper service? I went with washing my own for 2 reasons, first there were no diaper services where I was living when I had DD and two, I found out how cute fitted were :LOL and DS just dont have the cute fitted or AIO's- lol!

Also just a side note- we are going to have a cloth diaper party next month- so keep watching the FYT board and you will see the post!

Have a great day!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#4 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 09:34 PM

Remember seeing the vans..look for diaper king online, should have a #.

nak
#5 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 11:02 PM
XM

Hi Sierra! Good to see you in Diapering! Sending you sticky baby dust!

This is the closest service to Oly that I could find-

Baby Diaper Service Inc
1115 East 25th Street, Tacoma, WA 98421
(253) 383-2229

Give them a call and see if they deliver to your area.

OR you could always wash your own... seriously, it's easy! Ezra has been CD'd since day 1 and it really isn't any more work to do one more load. In fact, I keep up on all of my laundry better now (maybe because it's habit now to throw in a load whenever I think of it). Prefolds dry quick, and any non-quick dry fitteds can just be thrown over a drying rack (or a door, or a chair, etc.) till later. Plus, using cloth wipes saves you money and they're easy to throw in the wash when you're washing your own dipes.

OR better still... maybe you can line up help to come do your dipes for you those first few weeks? I would be willing to come down, cook a meal, do some laundry, and then leave Try to meet other Oly moms so you have people you feel comfortable calling on during those first crazy weeks. I wish I had put more effort into finding my tribe before ds arrived, LOL. I strongly suggest that you go to the diaper party... make some new friends, check out the different styles of dipes, etc.

Definitely the next time you are up this way, I'd be happy to go over my stash with you. I LOVE having my own stash and being able to customize Ezra's dipe according to his needs...

XM
#6 of 11 Old 12-29-2003, 11:34 PM

Baby Diaper Service got bought out by a company in Seattle, Pure and Natural I think (and their service turned to crap IMO.) We used them for the first 6 weeks of Anneliese's life and it was more hassle that it was worth. I haven't heard of one in Olympia but if I do I'll be sure to let you know.
#7 of 11 Old 12-30-2003, 12:08 AM

Well-We actually did use Pure and Natural. I actually thought that they were pretty good. However, now that I have my own UBCPF I realize that their dipes were totally non-absorbant!!!!

However, I did think that they were very reliable and very nice. I found it super to have someone else worry about the dipes when I was pretty overwhelmed.

There is also another new dipe service that I heard of in Seattle, Sunflower dipe, they do a fitted service...sournds cool I know nothing else of them....

Somebody else mentioned an organic service..but I never found it.

Good luck!
#8 of 11 Old 12-30-2003, 01:31 AM

Quote:
OR better still... maybe you can line up help to come do your dipes for you those first few weeks? I would be willing to come down, cook a meal, do some laundry, and then leave ry to meet other Oly moms so you have people you feel comfortable calling on during those first crazy weeks.
Such a good idea... I it!!! I will come over and help out- it is kinda like a diaper doula!!! I know there are a lot of CDing mamas in the oly area but all the ones I know wash their own. I must tell you once you wash you will never go to a service (IMO) but, I really think we should get together so you can see some dipes and I am sure there are people who wouldnt mind coming over and washing those tiny dipes

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

#9 of 11 Old 12-30-2003, 03:03 AM
XM

Ang, I love it! Where can I become certified as a Diaper Doula? :LOL

No, seriously, the first few weeks it is sooo nice to know someone who will come, help, and then LEAVE :LOL I know my MIL would have been happy to help... help hold the baby, that is! I needed someone who would feed me, maybe give me a backrub, and leave me with clean laundry!

Sierra, you will LOVE having your own stash... tiny diapers are excellent for counting and folding during the last few weeks of pregnancy when you become obsessive-compulsive about every detail of your 'nest'

XM
#10 of 11 Old 12-30-2003, 05:27 AM

May I share??? Speaking of folding the little dipes and getting your stash, When DD was born I was totaly gun hoe on having her at home via UC- well 40+ hours of labor and about 35 hours after my water broke I went to the hospital- When she was born I had a ton of dipes I grabed at the last second as we were walking out the door- but not clothes for her!!!

It is so nice to have your own stash- I think I washed them a billion times before she was born just "to make sure!" they were perfect and I couldnt stop looking at how cute they were- and I just had some UBCPF's- lol!!!

Okay I will get off my box now!

But really I would love to help out and come and do some wash- it is really no big deal for me and it would be so fun!!

Diaper Doulas unite!

#11 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 12:09 PM

I just joined to answer this one. Olympia Diaper Service is available in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page