What is your favorite kind of cloth diaper? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What is your favorite kind of cloth diaper?
flats 3 60.00%
prefolds 32 100.00%
fitteds 17 100.00%
pockets 30 100.00%
all in ones 12 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought a poll might be fun! I know it's different for everyone, but Im curious if one kind happens to be more popular than another. Sorry if this is over asked! Feel free to explain why a certain type is your favorite, or if a type was not included in the poll that you like best. I'm also curious as to your LEAST favorite kind in your experience, so feel free to include that too! Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM

I voted pockets, but they must have snaps, in my opinion.

Wife to Daniel and blessed SAHM to Gabriel (6), Bronwyn (5), Jackson (3), Aubrey (2 ), and Claire (11/1/09 )
Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 PM

It's hard to vote, but I chose AIO's because at the moment, they are my favorite. I hate stuffing pockets and my toddler is too active for me to use prefolds/flats/fitteds on a regular basis.

But my true love will probably always be with prefolds and I even love pinning flats with a patient infant.

What we use most often right now is pockets (I have 3 dozen or so), but I've thought about selling them all for Dream-Eze or Bum Genius organic AIO's.

So I suppose, fitteds are my least favorite, though I have 20+ that I have used over the years, my love varies... I get bored quickly

and yes, snaps over velcro for all diapers/covers!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 PM

I have lots of different styles, and since my kid has food allergies and his poop is not always solid, I'm currently a fan of fitteds with a good cover. I feel like they hold things in the best for us. Some of my pockets work very nicely, too (Tiny Tush is my fave), but I get sick of stuffing them!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:55 PM

I chose prefolds... for now anyway. She's still a tiny one, so we have the patience for them right now. I'm already planning ahead though for what I'd like to use when she starts getting mobile and diaper changes become more difficult. I like fitteds, they seem to fit her well. I'd like to try some AIOs... the BG organic ones look nice (with snaps), I'd like to try those. The BG pockets we have now fit her well.

I agree about the snaps. We only have three diapers that snap right now and I love using those so much more than the velcro.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 04-18-2009, 12:39 AM

I love flats! Nothing so trim as a flat. No sure how these hold up with older kids though, ds was out of dipes around 18 months, and never went through a phase where he was not willing to lie down to be diapered.
I really dislike all in ones due to long dry times (we line dry only) and also issues getting them clean; I feel it's harder than with flats/prefolds. That being said, I never really tried to make aios work for me, I was already infatuated with my flats!

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Flats. I'd rather do the work in getting the diaper on the baby than do the work figuring out how to wash the diaper when it's used.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:31 PM

i think flats are trouble to fold, and pockets are almost as much trouble to put together!

Fitteds would be nice if i had the $$ for a whole pile of kissaluvs

That said, mostly I stick to prefolds and AIOs. cool poll idea!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM

I go through phases.

I'm not a big fan of pocket diapers ever; I have a few, but I would much rather have natural fibers, and I'd much rather have the extra containment of a separate cover and diaper.

I like AIOs in the 6 to 12 month stage, where they roll over faster than you can get a diaper on, but they don't hold enough pee in general for our toddlers, and don't hold infants' pre-solids poo at all, for us. I have a few, but rarely use them.

I love prefolds for adjustablity and easy care and versatility, but some days I go crazy trying to find a snappi even though I own like 20 million of them, and I find wrap-style covers unreliable, and an unfastened prefold sags. I use them because I have them, but if a fitted is clean I'll grab that first.

I love flats for extra absorbency inside another diaper, but alone, I need like four of them to equal the absorbency of a good fitted on a toddler, and that makes them less cost-effective.

So I think when all is said and done, I'm a fitted-and-wool kind of gal.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 04-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Fuzzi Bunz.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:39 PM

Pockets (but no pul) followed closely by fitteds (our favorites right now are Motherease Sandys).
With our last baby we bought some of the expensive, trendy type diapers and with this one I realized that the more basic ones worked just as well for us and saved us a ton of money. Plus, not so much stress.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM

We like pockets best, too, especially those with snaps. They're easy, soft and cute! I'm also a fan of slim fitteds.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:05 PM

I really like prefolds. With the ones we have now, we've never had a poopsplosion beyond the cover. (Before that, we used BambinoMio and those covers weren't as good at keeping the poo in, and the prefolds themselves were maybe slightly less absorbent).

For trips, we use pockets (BG onesize) because they are 1 piece, so slightly quicker/easier than prefold + cover (for example when changing dd in the car) and also pockets for nighttime (drybees) because it's dry next to her skin.

I don't really like fitteds, have only tried one kind (Tots Bots bamboozles), but I found them so bulky. (And they are supposed to be pretty trim because they're bamboo).

Haven't tried AIO's yet, I guess they would be good for outings but I like that with the pockets, I can choose what I stuff them with, depending on how long they would have to last.

Haven't tried flats yet either, I'm slightly intimidated by all the folding, I guess!

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 PM

I say prefolds (hemp &cotton) today...love them under wool soakers

but tomorrow it may be something else. The only kind I've found that I don't like are aio's but I do like ai2's

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 AM

I change my mind daily... On nearly two year old DD I like Little Beetle cotton velour dipes with their soaker short. She likes Fuzzi Bunz (color choice). For eight week old DS I am a fan of Kissaluvs contours in a velcro wrap (Bummis or Imse Vimse). Fuzzi Bunz at night. Imse Vimse flannel flats are what I carry in my diaper bag-they fit both diaper wearing bubbies.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 AM

I like prefolds best

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I change my mind all the time, but currently, it is pockets. Snap or velcro, I don't care. We like stay-dry as we all have sensitive skin.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

looks like prefolds are in the lead! I must admit I'm a bit scared to try prefolds myself. Why do people like those the best?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:40 AM

I voted pockets...and more specifically, fuzzi bunz!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:32 AM

I love prefolds because they are inexpensive, super easy, and if you have the right cover they don't leak (we use and love Thirsties). I only have to do laundry every 2-3 days and daycare uses them no problem.

I do the lazy trifold into the cover so I can have them all laid out ready to go when I'm feeling ambitious! They have leaked out of the cover less than 5 times in 4 months. Can't beat that!

I do snappi them on at night when I put 2 dipes on him so he doesn't need a change in the middle of the night.

Plus we've never had a rash.

User Tag List