Night time cloth pull ups - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-27-2004, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to find someone who sells or can custom make some highly absorbent cloth pull ups.

I have a 7 yo and 4 1/2 yo who pee ALOT at night. I did cloth dipes for the longest time, and used sposies at night due to the amount they were wetting.

Now I am only using sposies if we go out or at night time (even then mostly panties when we go out with my 2 1/2 yo).

I need a highly absordbent pull up, preferably lined with micro fleece on the inside to prevent contact dermatitis.

I was thinking a heavy fleece outer panty with a snap in hemp prefold trifolded or something. bulk is not an issue, but it HAS to hold alot of urine.

I can continue using sposies, but i'm squeezing size 6 pampers onto my 7 yo. I can't use sposie pull ups cuz they give her rashes, and she's too big for covers. I *could* use rubber pants with a hemp pre fold inside, but wanted some opinions on the hemp's absorbency first.

If you guys think a fleece panty style cover and hemp prefolgs would work, some of you mommas with hemp experience lemme know...

i have to find a solution. even though it's 3 sposies a day, i feel horrid.

thanks,
Amanda
#2 of 6 Old 01-27-2004, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How much do they weigh? Some night pants go up to 50 ish pounds. I will keep my eyes peeled and see what I can find. I do think hemp is most absorbant. You might also email a wahm that makes hemp dipes and see if they can custom make a size for you.

Desiree

#3 of 6 Old 01-27-2004, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

My 7yo is 56 lbs. She's a chunker.. hertmmy is more chunky than her wais. My 4yo = 36 lbs.. she's a scrawny bean pole. Now that we have tha hemp is more absorbent.. i shall try hemp doulblerts,,, try two per rubber pant.. see how that does.. if not we'll need some hemp pull ups made w/ possibly a hemp doubler inside... tyvm :_
#4 of 6 Old 01-27-2004, 01:08 PM

Delurking to offer a suggestion. I went on a search for a reusable pull-up last fall for my 50 lb+ 5 year old who wets at night several times a week. Most of what the diapering sites offered were too small or too close to his weight for me to feel comfortable investing in them. Then I found this website: Drymids

This company makes a line of protective underwear for handicapped children. My son loves the pull on underwear. We use the underwear with the reuseable insert and it holds his big pees in just fine, though he needs every bit of absorbancy it offers.

The design for the pull on underwear is similar to big boy pants (another plus for us). The sides are a stretchy synthetic, and the middle is a thick cottonor cotton blend soaker with a PUL type outside layer. It is really a pocket pull up, because you can either lay the insert (more layers of cotton) across the crotch like a extra soaker but tucking the ends under flaps at the front and back, or you can put the insert between the PUL layer and the soaker layer. We just lay it in, but sometimes the other is nicer.

The whole thing is a little bulky, and I have been thinking about sewing some hemp soakers to fit. My large Joeybunzs are way too wide, the crotch is too narrow. For someone who sews, it would be easy to trace off one of their inserts and make your own.

I gave so much detail because the website wasn't clear as to how the pants are constructed, and gives the impression that you can often just change the insert and reuse the pants between pees. We have not found that to work at all, the whole thing needs a wash. Also, several washes are needed for best absorbancy, which they did not mention either.

They also offer a new overnight pant, a side snap version and a style with boxer shorts that I think would be good for discreet 'sleep over with friends' protection. We will be buying some of these soon.

Good luck in finding your best solution.
#5 of 6 Old 01-27-2004, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

I have to thank you! These look perfect!

I saw the newer ones that are like diapers too, those may be a good idea for my lil one.

But the pants look perfecf, and I don't see why I couldn't model their reusable pad and make some out of hemp or what not.

Thank you!
#6 of 6 Old 01-28-2004, 09:45 AM

You are quite welcome. I hope they work out for you as well as they have worked for us.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page