#1 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long have you been CDing?

How do you like it?

Why do you cloth diaper?

What kind of dipes are in your stash?

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo?

What kind of wipes do you use?

What kind of diaper solution do you use?

What is your overnight system?

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them?

What kind of pail system do you have?

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?)

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object?

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM

How long have you been CDing? 2 years

How do you like it? I love it, but I am definitely sick of changing diapers!!! I'm so glad I don't throw away all those disposables anymore!!

Why do you cloth diaper? Environment, health for the baby, economic

What kind of dipes are in your stash? fitteds, pockets, prefolds, covers

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Prefolds with a Thirsties cover for DS3; Kushies fitteds with fleece cover for DS2

What kind of wipes do you use? cloth (baby washcloths and homemade wipes)

What kind of diaper solution do you use? water and tea tree oil, or just water in a spray bottle

What is your overnight system? fuzzi bunz with trifolded prefold (for DS2 and DS3)

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? DS3's go straight in the pail, b/c he's mostly breastfed at this point; DS2's we scrape with a spatula or just dump and shake, and then it's into the pail

What kind of pail system do you have? trash can with a large wet bag

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) Hot rinse, hot wash with purex free and clear detergent, sometimes dawn, sometimes tea tree oil; cold rinse, sometimes with vinegar. I strip with dawn about once a month

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? I would probably have the boys in only FBs ALL THE TIME if money weren't an object. They're so simple, so classic, and work so well.

SAHM to DS1 (8/5/05), DS2 (3/20/07), DS3 (11/26/08), D?4 (Aug 2010) and (4/06) We CD, get adjusted , don't vax, and don't circ (post DS1.)
#3 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Double post!
#4 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 PM

How long have you been CDing?A little over 3 years. I had two in diapers for a few months. I also took a few hiatuses with sposies while life was relaly hectic, or on vacation or something, but never longer than 2 weeks or so.

How do you like it? Sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it. Overall I like it better but I've modified things to make it easier on myself. I do sposies now while out, because it's easier for me to wrangle 2 little ones while being pregnant and just shoving a sposie in my pocket.

Why do you cloth diaper?I started because I didn't want chemicals on DS, and because it was cute. Now I do it because I've spent hundreds on my stash and feel guilty if I don't

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Right now it's mostly Sticky Peas NRSS, some prefolds, a few Dunk -n- Fluff fitteds. I have 3 AIO's that I like.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo?Well, the problem is I change my mind all the time. Like I only used fitteds, then pinnable fitteds and now I'm totally wishing I had AIO's. If I could I'd switch right now to all Sposoeasy's. But DS has a crazy long rise and I have trouble finding diapers that fit him well unless I special order them.

What kind of wipes do you use?I use cloth wipes.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? A wipe solution I bought off of hyena cart. I think its like, monkey butts or monkey toes or something. I've tried a billion and these are awesome and easy and I love them so.

What is your overnight system?Sposies. It took me 15 months to get DS to sleep longer than 2 hours, and I was sick of him waking up with a red bottom.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them?I have a diaper sprayer I use on poop.

What kind of pail system do you have?I use a dry pail, with a wet bag inside of a giant garbage can. I've never had smell issues.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?)I do a cold soak with nothing (sometimes vinegar but rarely). Then I do a hot wash cycle with Tide up to the 1 line and then I do 1 hot wash cycle with nothing. I've used all the natural stuff and always had stink issues. I haven't ever since using Tide. I machine dry on low.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? Probably just the ability to buy whatever diapers I wanted and redo my stash whenever I wanted.
#5 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Since my LO was one week old (he's 4 months now)

How do you like it?
Love it!

Why do you cloth diaper?
Cloth diapers just seem...normal to me. Disposable diapers seem odd. Plus, we're not adding all those diapers to landfills. I also hate that weird disposable diaper smell.

Prefolds, Thirsties covers, some BumGenius diapers I never use, a variety of doublers for the prefolds, a Dancing Bears fleece cover, and one experimental Happy Hempy fitted (we're working on finding a new nighttime system).

Prefold + Thirsties cover

Cut up Viva paper towels (so soft!)

Just water...room temperature

Experimenting...either larger prefold in a larger Thirsties cover with a hemp doubler, or a hemp fitted under a fleece soaker.

No rinsing...still EBF so no need.

Dry pail. Planet Wise pail liner in a big lidded trash can.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?)
I wash most days...but skip a day here or there. I do a cold water rinse cycle, then add detergent (Country Save powder) and do a hot water wash with an extra rinse.

Lots of fitted hemp or bamboo diapers.
#6 of 68 Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How long have you been CDing? 3 months

How do you like it? LOVE it

Why do you cloth diaper? It's cheaper and healthier.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Pockets. Swaddlebees and Blueberries - combination of OS and sized, I also have a couple of BG's that are converted to snaps.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Size medium swaddlebees pocket dipe with an econappi hemp insert.

What kind of wipes do you use? Disposable, but only because I had bought a huge box of them right before we switched to cloth and want to use them up.

What is your overnight system? Swaddlebees OS with aplix and an econappi hemp insert.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Spatula the poo into the toilet and then put them in a bucket with water.

What kind of pail system do you have? Wetbag for the wet ones and a bucket of water for the dirties.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) I wash every other night after she goes to bed. I use Tide Free in hot water, and two cold rinses. I hang them to dry on a rack under the kitchen ceiling fan and they are dry by morning.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? I would make my whole stash sized instead of one size. I love the fact that you can use the OS longer, they just don't fit her as well (she's a skinny minny) and so there's lots of bulk in the front when she wears those. My DH also gets a little overwhelmed by all the snaps!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 AM

8 months

How do you like it?

LOVE IT!

Why do you cloth diaper?

Save enviornment

Prefold, fitted, AIO, pocket

all of them.. and i keep changing

cloth wipes

bumGenius bottom cleaner

Prefold + dry liner, OR Pocket with 3 microfiber inserts

12 hours of no leaking and my baby's bottom is completely dry.

Diaper Spray and I use Wash Away Stain Soap for stains

Two large wet bags... love it since I can move it from place to place, hang them on doorknob and a wall hook

Warm wash

My stash is perfect!
#8 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 AM

How long have you been CDing? almost 2 years (started when older dd was about 15 months old)

How do you like it? I really like it. Sometimes I get sick of dealing with gross poopy diapers and I've gone back to dispoables a few times, but never for very long (less than a whole day). I'm always reminded pretty quickly that sposies are gross in so many ways and cloth is so much nicer!

Why do you cloth diaper? I like to avoid the chemicals in sposies, reduce landfill waste, and I don't like spending money on something that is going to get thrown away and take hundreds of years to break down.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Mostly prefolds. They're my favorite. I also have some flats from GMD that I love, they're so versatile! And I have a dozen Fuzzi Bunz that I hated with older dd, but I'm beginning to like them with younger dd. I use them when we're out, they're a little easier to deal with in public places. But I really prefer cotton. I also have some hemp doublers that I use quite often with both the pf's and the FB's. For covers we use thirsties, bummis whisper pull-ons, and little g pants (with a trifolded pf). I also have some wool that I rarely use because I hate washing it. I'd love to get some wool longies for winter-time pajama pants though.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? I like a pinned cotton pf under a simple nylon pull-on cover or a thirsties cover, depending on the outfit dd is wearing. When we go out I recently started using a Fuzzi Bunz stuffed with a folded flat and a hemp doubler--absorbant but trim.

What kind of wipes do you use? Disposable (Target brand, sensitive) I tried cloth wipes so many times, but no matter what kind I use they irritate dd's skin and she cries when I wipe her. The same thing happened with older dd.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? N/A

What is your overnight system? A toddler pf with an infant pf trifolded inside like a doubler. The toddler pf gets pinned and I cover it with a nylon pull-on pant (bummis) or a thirsties.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? I dunk/swish in the toilet when necessary. I used to have a sprayer but it's overspray made a gross, poopy-water mess in my bathroom. YUCK!! Dunking really isn't that bad.

What kind of pail system do you have? Dry pail--I use a medium-size trash can with a lid, lined with a pail liner/wet bag (bummis large)

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) I wash every day. I do a cold rinse, a hot wash with Purex Free and Clear and OxiClean Free and Clear, and an extra warm rinse. Then they go in the dryer on medium.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? I'd get 2 or 3dozen SposoEasy AIO's or bumGenius organic cotton AIO's. I'd LOVE to have some AIO's that have cotton against my dd's skin, and have enough for full-time use!!

Jess, married to awesome hubby Tim, mom to DD1 (6-06), DD2 (2/08)
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#9 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 AM

How long have you been CDing? Just a few weeks. DS is 5 weeks old and I did sposies for the first 2 weeks while I was adjusting.

How do you like it? Love it! There's so many awesome diapers out there, it's going to be my new shopping obsession whenever I have a few extra bucks

Why do you cloth diaper? Better for baby, better for the environment, cheaper than buying gross disposables every other day

What kind of dipes are in your stash? prefolds, bummis whisper covers, bumgenius os, rump-a-rooz os, kissaluvs fitteds, a few locally made diapers (fitteds, os)

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? I am currently in love with my rump-a-rooz

What kind of wipes do you use? I make my own with viva paper towels

What kind of diaper solution do you use? I make my own with hot water, dr. bronner's and grapeseed oil. Sometimes I add a little tea tree oil or rosewater concentrate.

What is your overnight system? Generally just an aoi. DS still wakes up a couple times at night so we don't have a leak problem

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? I usually rinse in the tub then let them soak

What kind of pail system do you have? Dry pail with wet bag, but most of my dipes soak in the tub

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) Cal-Ben Seafoam all natural soap, hot wash with an extra rinse. I do my cold pre-soak in the tub.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? Rump-a-rooz!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#10 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post
How long have you been CDing? 3 years

How do you like it? love it!

Why do you cloth diaper? My oldest broke in a rash anytime he was in a sposie. I hate running out of stuff and I'd rather do laundry then go to the store. They're cute and better for the planet.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Fitteds and prefolds

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? prefolds and wool

What kind of wipes do you use? both cloth and disposable

What kind of diaper solution do you use? water with a squirt of oil and a squirt of baby wash

What is your overnight system? the same as the daytime

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? dunk and swish

What kind of pail system do you have? just a regular diaper pail from Target

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) cold rinse, hot wash with a little soap and borax, cold rinse with vinegar, line dry

I have no idea, I'm happy with my stash. I'd say wool, but all I really need is the time to knit.

Joy wife to DH, mom to DS1 (4/2005): DD (5/2007) : : DS2 (1/2009 :
I do what works and when it stops working, then I do something else.
#11 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 PM

How long have you been CDing? 7 weeks but the first 2 weeks of ds life we used sposies while everyone got adjusted

How do you like it? I LOVE it

Why do you cloth diaper? For many reasons...the environment, financial benefits, cute factor

What kind of dipes are in your stash? prefolds (which we don't use), fitteds, covers, AIOS, and some AIO2s

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Right now I prefer either my Thirsties fitteds or Cricketts with my Thirsties cover

What kind of wipes do you use? Washcloths while home and sposies while out

What kind of diaper solution do you use? A homemade one with water a dash of Burt's Bee's Apricot oil and a dash of baby wash

What is your overnight system? Right now we just use BG OS AIO with 3 microfiber inserts. DS is a heavy wetter so I'm sure we're going to have to tweak this system soon

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? sometimes I rinse the poo sometimes not since its just bm poo

What kind of pail system do you have? We use a trash can with a Bummis wet bag

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) A hot pre wash (with no soap), a hot wash on sanitary cycle using Tide HE powder detergent filled to the 1 line, followed by 2 extra rinses. Then dry on medium.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? Hmmm right now I'm really loving my BG OS and the new rumparooz os I just bought...so probably one of those.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#12 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How long have you been CDing? I CD my first dd from a newborn through fully trained at 4.5 years currently pregnant with number 2 and plan to do it all again..

How do you like it? I loved it

Why do you cloth diaper? mostly cost I think sposies can and will have there place but it makes little sense to me to toss diapers out all the time. i prefer the enviromental impact of cds as well.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? right now none but soon prefolds and wraps

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? prefolds and wraps

What kind of wipes do you use? mostly cloth just terry cloth washcloths

What kind of diaper solution do you use? warm water

What is your overnight system? I sposie at night and will likely again this time unless they are allergic if so then likely a good cotton hemp fitted and ME cover

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? I totally rinsed once past the newborn stage I totally dunk and rinse

What kind of pail system do you have? dry and a seperate little bag for the covers

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) I generally washed every other day 1 squirt Charlies liquid soap and about 1 teaspoon bleach *yes i said it* wash full cycle hot with extra rinse dry hot

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? prefolds and wraps honestly

Deanna

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
#13 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 05:44 PM

How long have you been CDing? Not very long. I think only since about May.

How do you like it? I like it. I wish I had started earlier instead of waiting until I had three kids and child #2 was 2.5 years old.

Why do you cloth diaper? Money. Less waste. Less chemicals.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? I haven't settled on what works best so I have a variety. I mostly have FB (for 2.5 year old) and Gro Baby (for 8 month old). I have a few BG and HH as well. There are things I like and dislike about all of them.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? I think the FB and Gro Baby. There are things I like and dislike about each of them. I like the pocket of the FB but aplix of the Gro Baby. If I could combine the two, it would be great!

What kind of wipes do you use? I still use disposable wipes.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? N/A

What is your overnight system? Still use disposables at night

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Not usually unless it's a really poopy diaper.

What kind of pail system do you have? I have a regular laundry hamper with a pail liner.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) I wash about every two days. I use Charlie's Soap for now but it's the only thing I've bought. I may try another brand when it runs out. I put most of the diapers and liners in the dryer. The only ones I don't are the Gro Baby shells and I hang those to dry. The Gro Baby liners don't dry in one cycle so I run them once and hang to dry the rest of the way.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? I am not sure. I would like a really good travel wet bag for the diaper bag but haven't gotten around to buying it. They aren't that expensive so I'm not sure if that's a good answer. My other thing I would buy would be enough diapers to last longer between washes.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#14 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM

How long have you been CDing? One year now!

How do you like it? I love it. No issues.

Why do you cloth diaper? Mostly because I like cloth on my baby, not plastic and gel.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Lots of prefolds and covers, including wool, some BG 3.0, lots of Swaddlebees EcoNappis, a few FuzziBunz, and a few WAHM dipes.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? I love prefolds with snappi's and covers, especially wool. My favorite go-out/daycare diaper is the EcoNappi, they're all natural cotton velour and hemp and hold up really, really well. No wear and tear at a year and the size looks like it will be larger than the BG 3.0.

What kind of wipes do you use? Baby washcloths, the Gerber micro terry ones. Super cheap and easy.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? Water with a bit of Burt's Bees babywash in the Peri bottle.

What is your overnight system? A premium prefold and Bummi's cover.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Nope. Plop off poop, that's it.

What kind of pail system do you have? Just a regular pail. I put a bit of baking soda in the bottom.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) I wash every 3 days. One hot wash cycle, no soap. Hot wash with 1/2 scoop Country Save (top loader). Hot wash no soap. Tumble dry. (no stink!)

Hmmm. I think I'd buy just more fun diapers. More tie dyed prefolds, some more handknitted soakers and longies, Bamboo prefolds, etc.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#15 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:

How long have you been CDing? 21 mos, but cd for the first few mos with dd1 as well.

How do you like it? Love it, hate the smell of sposies!

Why do you cloth diaper? Environement, health for ds, I'm cheap lol, and it's fun!

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Pf's and homemade OS fitteds, and homemade wool covers

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Fitteds and wool longies, shorties etc

What kind of wipes do you use? Homemade flannel/birdseye and velour

What kind of diaper solution do you use? Water

What is your overnight system? Fitteds with extra doubler, wool cover

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Dunk em!

What kind of pail system do you have? Hanging planet wise wet bag

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) SImple cold wash (sometimes hot) with soapnuts liquid, every two days, line dry most of the time.

Hmmmm, gonna have to say knitted wool! I love some of the beautiful things other Mamas make, and i can only crochet

Living and learning with my four young ones......
#16 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

[B]How long have you been CDing? four and a half years

How do you like it? It's been easier than we thought

Why do you cloth diaper? Financial, mostly, although environmental reasons feel good, too. And then there's the knowledge that diaper blow outs are more common for us when we do use a disposible...

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Mother ease one size
The only thing I know is the ME with a air flow cover

What kind of wipes do you use? I used cloth wipes with the boys for about a year, but with my youngest I've always used the unscented store brand wipes.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? None

What is your overnight system? The boys used a ME stay dry with liner. With my youngest, I use a disposible! Oh, the shame.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? With the diaper sprayer (really just a sink sprayer) attached to the toilet.

What kind of pail system do you have? I use a 5 gallon bucket (dry)

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) Warm rinse with vinegar. Hot wash with tiny amt. of detergent, vinegar rinse. second wash cycle, no detergent. Additional rinse if suds remain. It's a HE maytag washer. I can go quite a few days between washing, as I have a huge stash of diapers thanks to the twins. I usually dry in the dryer, but I have line dried.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? night time training pants for twin still wetting at night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#17 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 PM

How long have you been CDing? a little more than a 1 1/2 yrs

How do you like it? love it

Why do you cloth diaper? I started because I didn't want to be down to that last sposie and HAVE to run to the store at 10pm, kwim. Ancillary reasons include cost savings, health reasons, and environment.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? prefolds, covers, fitteds, pockets

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? prefold w/ thirsties cover for day, jamtot for out of the house

What kind of wipes do you use?cheap baby washcloths

What kind of diaper solution do you use? water+witch hazel/or tea tree oil+
baby wash

What is your overnight system? a hemp insert (the one that is rectangular and you trifold) with a velour loop+micro fibre insert+wallypop fleece cover

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? solids get shaken into toilet otherwise, no

What kind of pail system do you have? a plastic laundry basket

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) everyday in the beginning, now every third day,

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? the hemp insert mentioned above. I looked on the tag to see a name and it was too worn.
#18 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 PM

5 years.

How do you like it?

Love it.

Why do you cloth diaper?

$$$

mostly prefolds and fitteds with a variety of wool and nylon and PUL covers. We have some pockets and some AIOs, too.

A motherease fitted with a folded infant prefold inside, under a Disana wool pull-on.

Kissaluvs terry washcloths

Don't

Very Baby Simply Nights under handknit wool

Don't.

trash cans with nylon bags; one upstairs and one down

I use whatever detergent is on sale, although not Tide. I wash these days only once a week, because my kiddos are out of dipes during the day, but for awhile I had three in dipes, and then I washed every day. I dry every time I wash-- that question makes no sense.

I wouldn't, but that's only because we're in our final few months of diapers. My youngest are 2 1/2 and in undies all day. What I really wish for is a new puddle pad for DS's bed for when he's ready to attempt nighttime dryness.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#19 of 68 Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM

over five years

How do you like it?
i would have quit by now if i didnt like it a lot, lol

Why do you cloth diaper?
honestly, i think they are darn cute . sort of for the savings factor, but i dont save as much as other people do because im addicted to buying diapers. i do save some though. oh and the environment thing is a bonus!

tons of thirsties covers in both types, prefolds, wool, a couple fitteds, some GAD pocket aios, some cloth diaper wholesale pockets, and a bunch of bottom bumpers side snapping aios. oh and a bunch of other assorted covers.

thirsties and prefolds with a snappi. love my GADs too though.

i have a huge random assortment.

water

a thirsties cover and premium prefold

i dont need to yet because she's only bfd

dry pail lined with a garbage bag. i need a pail liner!

at my mom's (he front loader) i do a wash on heavy with a pre wash and extra rinse with a squirt of dawn. at my grandmas, i do a cold rinse/hot wash on heavy with dawn and an extra rinse afterwards.

id try some fitteds and new covers, and buy some cute wool longies for the fall/ winter. ok, that wasn't one item, but you know :P

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#20 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM

How long have you been CDing? 2.5 years

How do you like it? Indifferent (although pregnant + was challenging

Why do you cloth diaper? save $$$ and the earth

What kind of dipes are in your stash?28 BG 1.0's 2.0's,17 ME one size and 7 NB and 6 Small Sandies, two firefly a couple g covers and a couple dozen prefolds

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? The g diaper with the cottonbabies Hemp prefold

What kind of wipes do you use? gerber face cloths

What kind of diaper solution do you use? None Just Dr.bronners and h2o

What is your overnight system? BG 2.0 with a large hemp insert

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? witha toilet shower

What kind of pail system do you have? dry, Trash barrel with a swaddlebees liner

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) Depends on the age. Nb daily and older twice a week. I do 1-2 prewashes in cold. A hot or warm wash in Allen's and the a cold wash.

All little beetles ones. I just bought a couple of fitted for the new baby but have yet to use them.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#21 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
4 1/2 years
Quote:
How do you like it?

Quote:
Why do you cloth diaper?
To save money plus I just like them better and I couldn't go back to that smell from sposies.
Quote:
A bit of everything, mostly prefolds.
Quote:
Mommy's Touch One-Size Easy Clean Pockets
Quote:
A mix.
Quote:
None.
Quote:
Mommy's Touch

Quote:
None
Quote:
Dry 3 gallon buckets, one next to the bed and one in the bathroom.
Quote:
Wash on hot with BioKleen plus two cold rinses. About 3x a week.
Quote:
Firefly Quick Dry Colored Diapers
#22 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM

About four months, since my daughter was about 2 weeks old.

How do you like it?

LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. I've told all my friends to try it when they have kids.

Why do you cloth diaper?

1) Cost. Since we're on a serious budget so that I can SAHM, we could never afford disaposables.
2) Baby. Disposables gave her diaper rash, and she hates them. The cloth seems so much more comfy.

Indian Bleached Prefolds
Chinese Bleached Prefolds
Thirsties Fleece Fitted
BumGenius Bamboo Fitted

For covers, I have Thirsties (LOVE), a Bummis SuperBrite (like that, too), and a few Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (only times I've had poo leaks, besides disposables).

During the day, a PF and a Thirsties cover (easy to tell if she's wet, and I like the PFs for how easy they wash/dry).
At night, a Thirsties Fitted and a Thirsties cover (more absorbent).

Bunch of cut up T-shirts, and one pack of Imse Vimse cotton wipes. I keep a pump thermos of warm water by the changing table, don't use a wipe solution.

Just water for the wipes, ALL Free and Clear for detergent.

Fitted diaper and cover. She's only sleeping 5 hours or so at a stretch, and she never poops at night, so it works well for her.

Don't have to, she's EBF and not on solids yet.

I just have a regular diaper pail, with a wetbag liner in it.

I wash daily, warm wash cold rinse, with ALL Free and Clear, dry in the dryer. If there are stains, I lay out in the sun, it takes them right out, then I'll wash them again and dryer dry them (because the sun method makes them crunchy).

One of those diaper sprayers that hook up to the toiler. I don't need it yet because it's just BM poo, but I have a feeling I'll want one later.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#23 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 PM

since ds was 4 days old (he's 6mos now)

How do you like it?
LOVE it

Why do you cloth diaper?
Environment, economy (i'm "thrifty"..) , not having to go out in the middle of the night to buy diapers.. and because i'm "out of my mind" as people like to say when they find out we CD!

90% prefolds with wool/fleece (polar babies is my new fave, but i like my homemade longies and shorties too!)
a few bum genius and one fuzzy bunz
a few random wahm contours, fitteds and pockets
gdipe insert folded into prefold for travel/camping

pf and wool/fleece

i use some kind with shea butter in it because i like the smell. not too brand particular. i should just make some.. thats going on my to-do list..

none

flannel contour with fleece or wool

no just shake off solids

dry- just a hamper in the laundry room

hot pre wash for poo dipes, then hot wash /rinse with all dipes. i use arm and hammer powdered detergent every few days, and line dry when ever possible. you didnt mention this, but for staining I sun bleach. I've got a bunch sun bleaching on the line right now!

a laundry maid! can she clean my house while she's at it?!
actually, probably a high efficiency front loader. i think my older machine probably uses wayyy too much water. but i can't shell out the dough right now.. sigh.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#24 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM

How long have you been CDing? since 2003

How do you like it? right now I am ambivalent

Why do you cloth diaper? Love getting fluffy mail and love that I am reducing the amount of garbage my large family produces

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Tiny Tush, goodmamas, Bumkins, Growing greens os, bella bottoms, Patooshie pants, Batick bums, Dreameze, muttaguin os, CPF and IPF. I am sure there are others just can't think of them. I'll come back after I hang the load in the washer...

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? I love my patosshie pants fitteds even better than goodmamas. Wool shorties to cover or Fuzibunz snap cover

What kind of wipes do you use? cloth form wherever!

What kind of diaper solution do you use? water and a bit of soap if there is a poop

What is your overnight system? same as my day system

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? in the toilet--a sprayer was a pia

What kind of pail system do you have? dry

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) wash full cylce twice final viegar wtih tea tree rinse. I use All unscented concentrate int he seocnd wash cycle. Line dry

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object. More shorties. I have enough cloth to go over a week without wahsing but I would love to buy new wool.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#25 of 68 Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM

How long have you been CDing? I CDed full time for three years, have been doing it only at night for another 10 months, am planning on starting full-time again in another 3 months.

How do you like it? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Why do you cloth diaper? Because cloth is soft and fluffy and wonderful, and disposables disgust me.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? Right now, just Toddle-ease diapers and Dappi nylon pull-on pants.

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Regular 4x6x4 prefolds with Blue Penguin wrap 'n snaps

What kind of wipes do you use? mostly Kissaluvs

What kind of diaper solution do you use? distilled water

What is your overnight system? right now it's ONLY overnight, but back in the day I used to use 2 prefolds under a Mother-ease or Bummis cover.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Back when we were dealing with poop, yes, with a minishower.

What kind of pail system do you have? Nowadays I just throw them in with the undies, but I used to have a real diaper pail with a Bummis liner.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) Again, nowadays I just throw them in with the undies, but back in the day I did a cold short wash followed by a hot wash with detergent to line 1 followed by an extra cold rinse. No particular detergent preference. Every other day was best for minimizing the gross factor, though I sometimes stretched it to every 3 days. I either air fluffed in the dryer and then dried outside on the line, or dried the diapers in the dryer on hot and left the covers on top of the dryer.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object? I would have 3 dozen identical diapers and 6 identical covers AND a great big "sample stash" of other kinds too! (this may be less of a money issue and more of a storage space issue)

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#26 of 68 Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
How long have you been CDing? My actual cding experience began with my 19.5 year old -- in 1989. My last child PL'd in 2005 and I have been a manufacturer ever since 2002.

How do you like it? It was a wise decision on many levels, and I am pleased that we went this route.

Why do you cloth diaper? In 1989 -- to save some cash and to save the landfills and water. With the second one to save some cash since I gave up a job to stay home. With my last one -- he was acutely allergic and the education really began. With the last child reasons went far beyond, save the earth -- it began, save my child.

What kind of dipes are in your stash? I used mostly pf'd. Fitteds and a few Aio's

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo? Fitted and cover for ease of use. Pf'd and cover for ease of laundry. AIO's for short day trips.

What kind of wipes do you use? Cloth, anything I felt like making at the time.

What kind of diaper solution do you use? don't

What is your overnight system? Nothing anymore special than what is noted above.

Do you/how do you rinse off your CD before pailing them? Dunk and Swish

What kind of pail system do you have? Dry pail -- diaper pail.

What is your wash routine? (how you wash, what detergent/additives, how often, how do you dry?) every two days, in the dryer or on the line. Detergents with little enzymes and phosphates.

And what one CD item would you purchase if money were no object?-- FUSSYBUTT --

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#27 of 68 Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 AM

With DS i diapered about 2 years, DD almost 7 months so far and going strong

How do you like it?
LOVE it!!!

Why do you cloth diaper?
First- earth friendly
Second- better for baby
Third- economical

Mostly chinese prefolds, a few old Gerber flannelette prefolds(the good old ones), a few growing green fitteds, and a bella bottom fitted(my fave). For covers I have a few wool, bummis snap, prorap snap, and softbums. Throw in a bunch of fleece liners and an assorted mix of doublers from microfiber to hemp.

I LOVE bella Bottoms fitteds with wool covers.

Cloth made by me with baby terry on one side and flannelette on the other.

Wipe solution? Plain water. If there is a rash I'll add some GSE.

Regular large prefold with an infant used as a doubler or my hemp doubler.

I don't, DD is still EBF. But with DS I used to use a spatula and plan to do so with DD.

DRY!!! Wet is a drowning hazard.

I wash when the pails are full so every 3-4 days depending.
Cold rinse, hot wash/cold rinse (only option for rinse is cold) with regular detergent(whatever was on sale) and a final cold rinse. Once month I do a strip with blue dawn(they feel sooooo soft after!!)
If the weather permits I line dry.

Hmmmm, a bunch more bella bottoms fitteds and wool.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#28 of 68 Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

6 months now. (ds is a year old)

How do you like it?
love it!

Why do you cloth diaper?
good for the environment, softer on dc, sooo cute!, cheaper, gives me a hobby.

I have some WAHM AI2s, Thirsties pockets, thirsties covers, pfs, a GM fitted and a Mutts fitted

pf with thirsties cover or a thirsties pocket

terry wash clothes, flannel wipes and fleece wipes

spray bottle with water and Burt's Bees baby soap added.

WAHM fleece pocket diaper with a microfiber insert and a super-do insert doubled over in the pee spot, covered with some wool longies

we dunk poo diapers in the toilet before pailing them

hanging wet bag (dry, obviously )

Cold prewash for a rinse, hot wash, two cold rinses. We use Purex F/C. Wash every other day and dry in the dryer during the winter (if they are stained they get sunned)

Lots more Thirsties pockets of all different sizes since they are being discontinued. More wool too.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#29 of 68 Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 PM

4 months

How do you like it?

It's great!

Why do you cloth diaper?

I cloth diaper so my son won't leave a legacy of disposible diapers in a landfill.

Unbleached prefolds, snappis and thirsties covers

Unbleached prefolds, snappis and thirsties covers

cut up t-shirts and flannel, unsewn

Water in a spray bottle (disposible wipes for early morning and poopy clean-ups - DH does most of the diaper changes and doesn't feel comfortable with a homemade solution )

The next size up prefold and a Thirsties cover

We use a diaper sprayer for poopy diapers

A bucket with a loose lid (we reused a cat litter bucket)

Cold rinse, Hot wash with Kirkland liquid soap and a downy ball with vinegar, tumble dry with dryer balls

A diaper service!!!!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#30 of 68 Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM

1 month

How do you like it?
love it!

Why do you cloth diaper?
it's cute, practical, and minimizes our impact on the environment

prefolds, thirsties covers, and a couple flips

What's your favorite diaper/diaper combo?probably the flips

flannel

water with a bit of baby soap and tea tree oil

bg os

shes ebf so we dont so far

pail liner

cycle on cold with half a cap of purex free, a hot/cold cycle with another half cap, and an extra rinse

some fitteds

Married to David since 2/16/08. Baby wearing, breastfeeding, bed sharing, delayed vaxing, cloth diapering, SAHM to Bella, my punctual little girl, born on her due date, 9/3/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page