what is your night time diapering system? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been using pfs with a terry/flannel doubler covered w/ a bsww. I want to get new ideas because 8 mos ds is waking up at night soaked.

Married to dh since July '04, SAHM to ds 2/13/09,Standing on the promises of Godhale, cd addict
#2 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 PM

We use prefolds at night too.

We use a preemie prefold as a doubler.
Then we add a microfleece fleece liner to keep a dryer area and we cover up with a thich soaker/longies.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM

sorry I'm not much help. our son is 4 months, and we just use the same thing we use in the day.. fitteds and thirsties covers. No matter how soaked he gets, it never leaks at least. we don't even change him during the night at all, I just wait till he wakes up in the morning. Of course, he usually goes to sleep pretty late anyway...
#4 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 PM

I use a pocket diaper stuffed with a shaped insert (like a wonderfulls but I only use 1 large one), and a bummis stay dry doubler on TOP of the diaper.
I find the shaped insert to hold more pee, because the mf fills the whole front. I found that sometimes the fleece wouldn't absorb fast enough and some pee would leak, so that's the reason for the bummis doubler on top- it's stay dry, but it's mesh instead of fleece, so it can't (I imagine) repel. That absorbs fast, then wicks it through the fleece to the microfiber.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#5 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 PM

On my day-trained 3-year-old I use Toddler-ease diapers and Dappi nylon pants. Back in the day, I used 2 prefolds under a Bummis or Mother-ease cover.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#6 of 14 Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 PM

Have you tried wool? It can absorb 30% of it's weight without feeling wet. My fav. wool cover is Aristocrats,...nice and thick.

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#7 of 14 Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 AM

I either use a pocket stuffed with 2 full size inserts, or a PB&E grae fitted with included doublers. Covered either with regular pajamas, or wool. Never a problem. However, I do realize that he is not a heavy wetter.
#8 of 14 Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hemp prefold trifolded into a hemp fitted, with an Aristocrats wool cover... Bullet proof!
#9 of 14 Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 PM

We use BG pockets. One insert for 5mo DD, 2 for 2.5yo DS. however, last night both kids got premium prefolds with a fleece/microfiber doubler. DD had a litewrap and DS a bummis super snap (or whatever its called). This worked great for both soggy kids.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#10 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 AM

My potty-learned-during-the-day 2 year old DD wears a prefold, hemp doubler and microfleece doubler in a Thirsties cover. She will sometimes wake up completely soaked...but without any leakage! I am looking into getting something more panty like, though...maybe a HH's Pocket Trainer.

Libby blahblah.gif, momma to my precious little girl (6/29/07) 
                        and wonderful little man (12/1/10)

#11 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 AM

I'm going to sew some of these and use them with prefolds and wrap covers (thirsties and airflows).

I have some microfiber inserts from my 'pocket sampler' that I can throw in with the prefold too.

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#12 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Use a wonder wrap over it for your cover. Its a onesize and they are great. You could also add a hemp doubler.
Lynda
#13 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Either a GAD windpro fleece pocket with a Super-Do insert or a GAD one-size semi-fitted with a SuperDo and a Dancing Bears fleece soaker on top. Both systems feel dry and absorb a ton. For a really heavy wetter, the fitted/fleece is great b/c you can over-stuff the fitted and the fleece will keep it all in.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#14 of 14 Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 PM

We used BG one size stuffed with two doublers, and that kept everything most nights. Now the PUL is starting to leak, so we just put a fleece cover over everything and we don't have any leaks. DS is 28 months, and we've been doing this since about 8 months. We added the fleece about two months ago.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page