Please help! Leaking every night! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so we made it 21 months with no leaks, pretty freakin' good. However, my son is FINALLY STTN, I would love it if he wouldn't wake up because he is soaked from head to toe and his bed clothes are drenched. He has become a super soaker over night and I am losing my mind. I thought it was because the BGOS that we had been using were losing their elasticity, but no...even NEW ones are leaking now.

So, BGOS is no longer working. Should I just go to fitteds and wool? I want something that will last for the new baby, please give me some suggestions. I am thinking GMs maybe? GOD I didn't want to buy new diapers!! But at this point I am about to go buy huggies overnights.

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Can you try just adding a doubler to the diapers you already use? We recently had to add an extra insert to the Fuzzi Bunz we use at night.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM

I double stuff my fuzzi bunz and now I've had to had a bamboo or hemp or even a microfiber auto towel to that. It's pretty bulky, but my 15 month old doesn't mind and it keeps us all dry!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Uh, DUuuuuuh, I have just been using the two MF inserts that come with them. HEAD SLAP! I definitely need to stuff with more. I just bought a few Super-dos to try, in the meantime I guess I will use a PF or something. I really don't have extra inserts or boosters laying around. That is a total MY bad!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 PM

Mine is 21 months old and I just had to start adding an extra insert, too. Old prefolds have worked well in a pinch, but the hemp one I have is the best.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:17 PM

The super doo inserts really do hold a ton, the only issue we have with them is they get stinky... but yeah, just stuff some more in there and you should be good!!! Just make sure the leg elastic is still snug. Sometimes you stuff so much in there the legs gap. We had to buy FB because they were cut more generously so we could stuff more in there

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM

Our nighttime solutions are always a fitted with wool (extra hemp or bamboo doubler), or a Tiny Tush pocket dipe or a Fuzzi Bunz medium. If we use a pocket dipe, it's with 2 large mf inserts and one large hemp insert. We rarely have leaks. The hemp helps so much!

Good luck! I hope you enjoy some dry nights!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 AM

I was totally going to suggest the Super Do so that is great you have some to try!

Also another extra protector would be to put fleece pants on him. It helps for us.

~RG Natural Babies Free Shipping on several items and orders over $60!  BumGenius, Tiny Tush, Rumparooz, RMD, Rockin Green & more!  We have all your diapering needs!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGsMom View Post
I was totally going to suggest the Super Do so that is great you have some to try!

Also another extra protector would be to put fleece pants on him. It helps for us.
LOL! I will when they come in the mail. Not the funnest diaper purchase but perhaps the most necessary...

User Tag List