OMG psycho ebayer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I was selling a dipe on ebay and well skip back to december when I bought a sling from someone and the whole experience was horrible so I gave her a well deserved negative.

OMG so she must have been stalking me and made a new name and bought my auction. SO it has been over for 3 days no payment. Well I just got an email from the winner asking me how it feels to get an unfair negative and a blatent lie.

OK psycho. So I check my feedback and they gave me the exact same negative that I gave the sling lady!!!!!!

How unfair and crazy! I contacted ebay I hope they resolve this. I am so upset I am such a good ebayer. And now they are trying to ruin my diapering reputation Ok I want to cry now.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#2 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:31 AM

That is scarry!!!

: Keep us posted, how freaky!

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#3 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:33 AM

One negative doesn't make me decide not to use a seller. I have to see 3-4 to decide not to go with them... it will be ok, I promise! Did you respond to the feedback?
#4 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

No I did not respond to it yet I contacted Ebay as soon as I read it. Also another weird thing I am checking out the auction circuit and I have a dipe on kittybids and wahm chicks and both of those diapers have high bidders that have low feedback and are new.

I am worried that these people are the same person from ebay.

aahhhhh. Oh do you still want to go on sunday I could use a happy break from my stressful life right now?

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#5 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:52 AM

What a freak. I hope ebay bans her.
#6 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerchic21
No I did not respond to it yet I contacted Ebay as soon as I read it. Also another weird thing I am checking out the auction circuit and I have a dipe on kittybids and wahm chicks and both of those diapers have high bidders that have low feedback and are new.

I am worried that these people are the same person from ebay.

aahhhhh. Oh do you still want to go on sunday I could use a happy break from my stressful life right now?
I'm definitely going on Sunday to Olympia! We can carpool if you'd like to since we only live 5 minutes away from each other! lol Also most people have very little feedback on kittybids and wahmchicks. I have no feedback on either but I've won 4 auctions on kittybids.. even when I email no one bothers to leave me feedback there.. whatever.
#7 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Ok good to know. I hope ebay handles it from what I have heard they are good about that sort of thing.

So just email me about sunday I guess. I am excited to go.

#8 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 04:28 AM

Me too, ok.. I'll email you in the morning.. I'm just about to turn in!
#9 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 01:42 PM

OMG- That is exactly why I NEVER leave negative feedback, I just don't leave any at all if things go bad (which only happened to me once TG). I know it defeats the whole purpose of feedback not to give negative when it is deserved, but I treaure my 100% positive.

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#10 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 02:16 PM

That stinks that they may be trying to mess up your good rep all over the web--I hope it's not the case!

Hey Jess, I noticed you are from Syracuse, NY. I was raised in Oneida (1974-1992). I miss CNY.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#11 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 02:17 PM

Sorry, change that to "Hey Patty"

:

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#12 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 02:18 PM

may kharma come and blast her butt.
#13 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

I know!

Patty, I was so aprehensive about giving a negative too. Maybe from now on I will do what you did and just not give feedback at all.

DH says that if she keeps it up we are calling the police bc then she really is stalking me.

#14 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 02:35 PM

is anyone else searching the sling sellers on ebay for some recent bad feedback???

this lady sounds like a wack. :LOL

well, i know its not at least a certain one
#15 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:18 PM

Kind of O/T -

But I had an auction close the end of November (I was the buyer) and the person would email me about every 10 days to two weeks (with no regularity) and give me an excuse as to why the diaper wasn't made (it was a u pick size).. over and over again we did this dumb dance.

Finally I told her I'd prefer my money back. Then she emailed me again saying she'd get to it next Monday.. yada yada yada.. and I emailed her back saying.. nope, I want a refund.

3 1/2 weeks go by and I hear nothing. Pissed at the whole situation I leave her terrible feedback! 2 days ago she emails me and says the diapers done and it's on the way! OMG! lol Now what do I do? Wait, that's what.. I'll faint if it shows up! lol
#16 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

i guess when you get it you could contact her saying that you asked for a refund and you want to return it to her.

It just bothers me when people have horrible customer service.

#17 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 04:47 PM

Oh I don't want to deal with her for one more microsecond.. I just feel bad for leaving her horrible feedback if I do get the diaper. Because had I known I might actually get a diaper out of this I would have at least left her mild negative feedback not horrible feedback! ROFL .. yep, bad customer service sucks!
#18 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 05:08 PM

Yikes!

I got retaliatory negative feedback from someone as well. I cried, I was so mad. I had over 200 positive feedbacks and she ruined it. It wasn't my fault that she didn't pay me or respond for over a month! That and shortly after that I got an undeserved neutral from a buyer's dh who had nothing to do with the auction--I sold a pair of NWT Old Navy jeans that were made to look "worn"--clearly stated in the auction and he left feedback stating that the jeans looked worn. Duh!
#19 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 05:33 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I may be one of the people bidding on wahm chicks with no feedback..I've only just started bidding there becuase they have the aids for orphans things..I swear it's not me leaving bad feedback or anything!!!

I hate hearing about these experiences.. I have 100 percent good feedback on ebay and used to be a cust. service. rep. so I always like to see good cust service!!

Meg
Momma to Alexis, 17; Jacob, 14; and BFing, CDing, slinging little Elijah, 14 months
#20 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

oh good good to know. I have little or no feedback at wahm chicks and kittybids too so I guess I could look suspicious myself.

I was so proud of my 100% positive too. I am really mad that this person is being fraudulent.

#21 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 06:50 PM

Yeah that sort of thing really does defeat the whole feedback system. After being contacted by one of those Cdiaper fettish freaks I've decided not to sell on ebay in the future.
#22 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 06:57 PM

I use different user names on different boards to reduce cross-site stalking. One of the beneifits of anonymity of the internet. I don't do very much buying/selling, but it makes me feel better.

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys
#23 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brayg
Yikes!

I got retaliatory negative feedback from someone as well. I cried, I was so mad. I had over 200 positive feedbacks and she ruined it. It wasn't my fault that she didn't pay me or respond for over a month! That and shortly after that I got an undeserved neutral from a buyer's dh who had nothing to do with the auction--I sold a pair of NWT Old Navy jeans that were made to look "worn"--clearly stated in the auction and he left feedback stating that the jeans looked worn. Duh!
I could of wrote this....exactly the kind of stuff that has happened to us...i was so upset about the 2 or 3 negs we have (retaliatory, also) i cried too...its just NOT FAIR!!! I know its just ebay, but I know I got less bids after those neg feedbacks...so it does affect me, and my family gets less money that we need for stuff, because another person wants to abuse the feedback system.

and there is nothing ebay will do about it. soooo frustrating
#24 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 08:30 PM

I recently had someone leave neg. about a burts bees auction. I sold a bunch of trial size hand salve. It clearly stated in the auction that they were the small trial sizes and they were being auctioned in 5 packs.
The bidder emailed me when she received them totally ticked off that they were the trial size even though the auction clearly stated, in bold, in the first line they were.
She left me neg. feedback and I simply reponded that the auction clearly stated the size and the buyer should have read the auction prior to bidding.
Right after I left my response she filed with Ebay's square trade. They emailed me her complaint, asked for my response, listened to both sides, then sent out a resolution which was to have the feedback and response removed since the feedback left was inappropriate since the auction stated the correct size.

I have never used square trade before but I was really pleased with it. The whole thing was settled in something like 48 hours.

Not sure if that helps but it is nice knowing there is someplace I can turn if I need to in the future and get a quick response.
#25 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 08:46 PM

I too have had people retaliate with negative feedback. I fully expect negative feedback if I take forever to ship....which has happened due to certain circumstances.

Anyway, the one that made me the maddest was when I listed a double stroller. I took the pic, listed the auction, and stuck the stroller in the utility room. Well, after the auction ended, I went to get the stroller out and somehow bleach had spilled on it. So, I emailed the buyer, told them what happened and refunded their payment through paypal. I never heard from the buyer, but she left me negative feedback for not shipping the item. I emailed her and still never heard from her. So, I was punished for being honest!
#26 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 08:52 PM

Awww! *HUGS* to you both!
#27 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Detergent Diva,

I think I might try square trade will it work in my case?

I did state in item description that if there was no payment after 7 days I will file neg. So I am waiting for that to do non paying bidder alert

#28 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 09:20 PM

I don't see why it would not work with yours. I would include in your statement to them the email she sent to you.
I was really surprised at how well it worked out. The only thing was we both had to accept the terms of the agreement. It would be worth a shot though.
#29 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

It costs $20 to use a mediator?That sucks! I want the neg off my record and I believe that I have a good case but man I don't want to pay $20

#30 of 42 Old 02-12-2004, 10:57 PM

Did ebay respond to your letter to them yet? If you don't want to pay then wait for ebays response then go through square trade.

Since the other person contacted square trade I didn't have to do anything, funy thing was I didn't even leave a neg. just responded to her neg.

I would also send ebay a copy of the email she sent you including the header of the email.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page