The view from three weeks out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the second baby I have cloth diapered from birth. We are using orange-edged GMD prefolds, Kissaluvs 0, newborn BSWW, and some xs Re-uz'm snap wraps in a discontinued style I got on clearance. I don't like the snap wraps because they are gappy at the legs and the mesh inner makes them feel wet. Maybe this is why they were discontinued. Everything else works perfectly, though. She is starting to outgrow the orange-edged prefolds, but I want to use them on her as long as possible, even if it means pinning instead of Snappi fastening, because the "next size up" that I have is regular 4x6x4's and those are going to be huge and probably won't work with the BSWW until she's well into the size small.

I wish I had some MEAF's or Dappi nylon pants so I could have a fuller-cut cover to supplement the BSWW. I love that the Dappis are cheap, easy to use and work, but dh dislikes them because he thinks they are too much like old-style plastic pants. I like MEAF's too but they are much more expensive and I have to be sure to buy the prints, because white or solid colors will get put on inside out if I am not the one doing the changing.

Also, I am torturing myself trying to decide which fitteds to buy a dozen of once she outgrows the KL0's. I had originally decided on Growing Greens, but not only are those pricey, I really want something more idiot-proof. I've already noticed that the 2 colored KL0's I have work better than the unbleached in the rest of the stash because you can tell at a glance which is the inside and which is the outside. I could get colored KL1's, but I think I would prefer something 100% cotton. I am thinking about Little Lions fitteds, but I am not convinced yet.

I still don't like flats, pockets or AIO's. Prefolds are so much easier on the psyche, and fitteds just plain work better, it's worth the extra effort to have a separate cover. I'm a little frustrated by the fact that cotton gives you the worst absorbency/bulk ratio of any of the diapering fabrics but is the easiest to clean. I guess it's a good thing I don't care that much about bulk.

I've been washing everything with Sportwash and nothing else. No problems so far.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 PM

What about getting the colored MEOS diapers?
They are not colored on the interior so you could tell which side goes on the outside. The colors are beautiful too. And of course you know that great ME value holds up for superb resale. Just a thought!

Congratulations on your new arrival. Hadn't gotten a chance to say that yet
#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by threekstrio View Post
What about getting the colored MEOS diapers?
They are not colored on the interior so you could tell which side goes on the outside. The colors are beautiful too. And of course you know that great ME value holds up for superb resale. Just a thought!

Congratulations on your new arrival. Hadn't gotten a chance to say that yet
I've thought of that, but the colored MEOS aren't 100% cotton so I worry about stink issues, plus I want a fitted that can work under a Bummis Super Whisper Wrap--I have heard mixed reviews of MEOS in that regard. It's funny, I always recommend ME to other people because they really are both durable and leakproof, but I haven't gotten any of their stuff at all for the new baby, although DD1 is still wearing her Toddle-ease at night.

Thank you for the congratulations.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2009, 04:42 PM

We are also at 3 weeks with our second in cloth. I am finding this time around to be MUCH easier. Prefolds - I snappi and my husband tri-folds (though, this doesn't always contain everything). Have a small stash of fitteds - 1 KL0 and 4 Clover fitteds. Just ordered some Clover seconds from hyenacart yesterday - I really like those fitteds. I don't have a lot of fitted experience, but really like those and have been able to get great prices either by catching a 20% off sale or buying seconds.

Loving the look/feel of the Aristocrat soaker with fitteds. Otherwise, primarily use Nikky cotton covers and some Under the Nile pull on covers I got for an insanely low price at a going out of business sale.

As he begins to outgrow the PFs, I think I'll move to more fitteds in small and then either go with the FB we have already or sell those and buy more fitteds.

Congrats on your wee one!

Shop at Weedle Weedle for cloth diapers, nursing pillows, swaddle blankets and more!

Free Shipping on orders over $75!  Customer Rewards!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page