What do you use overnight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is beginning to wet heavier, and she cannot make it through the night without a change. She doesn't leak, she's just clearly uncomfortable and wakes more often if I don't change her at 1am or 2am. I would love to not have to do this if possible! She sleeps from 7:30pm until 6:30am, with anywhere from 2 to 6 wakings.

Does anyone have a nighttime cloth solution? We currently use a Swaddlebees pocket with 2 inserts, one micro and one hemp. We've tried Bum Genius since it's supposed to keep moisture from the skin, but they leak every 4th or 5th night.

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 12-14-2009, 01:51 PM

We use the next size up prefold with a thirsties cover. It is soaked in the morning, but nothing leaks out.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#3 of 22 Old 12-14-2009, 02:49 PM

when my son nursed all night we used a fuzzi bunz with a microfiber and a hemp insert. Now that my milk is gone, he wears an infant pf and a wahm cover and never leaks lol. If he drinks a lot before bed I put a BG pocket on him.

Erin
mom to Kennedy, Owen, Liam & BABY. 1.7.13
#4 of 22 Old 12-14-2009, 02:49 PM

mama i hate swaddlebees, they always leaked. I would use a PUL only cover. maybe even one a sz larger, over a BG pocket.

Erin
mom to Kennedy, Owen, Liam & BABY. 1.7.13
#5 of 22 Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 AM

I double up pf w/a pul or fleese cover but is shes waking cause she feels wet & bg doesnt help (which I think feel the driest imo) have you tried laying fleese inside 2 pf w/a pul cover? Otherwise a good fleese cover could help the leaking out issue. G L

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#6 of 22 Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We use FuzziBunz one size, with both inserts. The inserts are ridiculously thick. DD nurses all night (ugh) and we've never had a leak. In the morning, the diaper is certainly heavy, but it doesn't feel soaking wet on the layer right next to her skin. It feels damp, certainly, but not like when she's wearing a sugarpeas or something like that. We have two, and I've just ordered a third one as I always seem to be praying that the dryer will be finished in time to get a fuzzibunz on dd by bedtime!

For greater things are yet to come...

#7 of 22 Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
GAD one-size semi-fitted: a fitted diaper completely lined with microfleece to keep baby dry. One size, closes with a Snappi or pin to make it fit every baby perfectly. It is a pocket fitted, which means you stuff it with as many inserts as you need, and so it gets much cleaner, which is important in a night-time dipe. I use a hemp prefold. Then top with a fleece or wool soaker. For fleece, I like the Dancing Bears; for wool, I like the sustainablebabyish double-layer wool. The total combo means that you have a breathable, dry, cool diaper that washes easily. I have yet to find anyone that doesn't like this system!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#8 of 22 Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your suggestions! We tried a Fuzzi Bunz last night, and it worked very well. I'm not sure if it was the diaper or the fact that those darned teeth finally broke through her gums, but twice last night she woke up, rolled over, and put herself back to sleep! No 2am diaper change!

Galatea - I'm going to check out the GAD, I've heard lots of good things those.

Thanks again!

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee
#9 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 AM

I'm a fan of BG, but they wouldn't stand a chance (no matter how over stuffed!) against my super soaker at night. I swear by Very Baby Simply Nights hemp diapers with the microfleece stay-dry fabric lining the inside. We sometimes use a wool cover, but we can now get away with a regular PUL cover, like a Thirsties, since DS doesn't night nurse quite as often anymore.

I swore I was on the verge of using disposables for nights, since nothing we ever tried worked. BUT, I've not had a leak once with the VBSN.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#10 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
We have good luck with Knickernappies stuffed with two hemp inserts and Rumparooz. The Rumparooz are my favorite period. They are the most absorbent diaper I've tried and I've tried more than a dozen brands. (And there is no such thing as leaky poop.)

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#11 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 AM

disposables

:

he was waking up soakedin everything else and I just don't have the time and money to try ordering 100 different things. With my twins an overstuffed FB was fine, so it just depends on the kid.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#12 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 10:08 AM

thirsties stuffable aio (have gussets which help w/ my side sleeper) w/ a hemp swaddlebees insert

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#13 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
disposables

:

he was waking up soakedin everything else and I just don't have the time and money to try ordering 100 different things. With my twins an overstuffed FB was fine, so it just depends on the kid.
Ditto on the sposies at night.
#14 of 22 Old 12-22-2009, 05:28 PM

two prefolds with a disana wool cover most nights

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#15 of 22 Old 12-25-2009, 12:21 AM

The most foolproof system I had for DD1 was to Snappi one prefold on her, then lay another prefold in a Mother-ease air flow cover. If I was feeling lazy though, I just trifolded two prefolds in a Bummis Super Whisper Wrap and that worked fine too. Now that she is day trained, DD1 wears a Toddler-ease diaper with Dappi nylon pants. She only wets about twice a week, but it never leaks.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#16 of 22 Old 12-25-2009, 12:29 AM

When DD went through her heavy wetting stage (4-6 months old or so) just about nothing worked. Maybe a BG super stuffed... but I hated to have PUL on her all night. I just laid towels and such underneath her butt and prayed for the best.

Now that she's older (18 months) there are nights she doesn't even pee. However, just to be on the safe side I like to stuff a BG with a premium prefold... or I'll use one of my colorgrown toddler prefolds with a bamboo doubler (preferably one with zorb) under a pair of wool longies. I haven't had a leak in forevers.

I'm me. In love with this guy. We're bringing up two girls: Big A (8) and Little A (3)

#17 of 22 Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Usually, a PF with a couple of hemp doublers and 1 microfleece on top, but if my doublers are dirty then I trifold a PF into another PF. I use wool covers for night, either Aristocrats longie or Imse Vimse.

Either way works well, never any leaks.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#18 of 22 Old 12-27-2009, 02:10 AM

Have you tried the superdo insert? those things are massive and hold lots and lots! everyone that i've heard that has used them had success. i use disposables at night (don't kick me off), my kid is a super heavy wetter and NOTHING worked for us and i got lazy. if i kept looking i probably would've found something. good luck!
#19 of 22 Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 AM

Since my ds was about 2.5, whenever we put him in cloth (prefolds) overnight he wakes up and says his penis hurts (I think from nighttime errections and not enough room in the diaper). It was actually getting red and swollen from the friction. So rather than going out and buying a bunch of new cloth dipes we are also using disposables at night. He is down to one dipe a day now and I'm hoping to be out of night dipes soon too. But I still feel guilty.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#20 of 22 Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 AM

Happy Heinys (sized, not the new one size) with either 3 joey bunz or 1 micro and 2 joey bunz.

-Angela
#21 of 22 Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM

We use a prefold with two hemp inserts and a fleece liner and mother-ease air flow cover. Have never had a leak and he doesn't get changed for 12-13 hours. The fleece against his skin is great, no redness in the am.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#22 of 22 Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 AM

I use a greenhorn Sleepytime insert (link in my sig), made from bamboo, in a Fuzzi Bunz. (I will only use FBs at night, even though we use a variety of pockets during the day. For whatever reason, side-snappers just don't do the job at night.) No leaks.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page