HH's. does anyone like them? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
someone gave me a bunch of pretty pretty colored HH's. They say small, and have two inserts, in the pockets. now, when i searched i couldn't find a review for that exact style, but:
either my dd at 6 weeks (at 13 pounds fits other small diaps) has too skinny legs or i just hate these things. i cannot see how they would actually fit any baby and work right, there is NO elastic around the legs to hold in anything. does anyone have recommendations or are these just an older style and HH has fixed the problem. i don't get it.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-18-2009, 01:07 PM

There should be leg elastic. All HH come with leg elastic. I am uncertain as to why yours do not. That is very strange. I would send them back to HH and get them replaced. They have excellent customer service.

I am wondering if perhaps you have a pocket trainer. Those are the HH training pants. As they are designed to resemble underwear, they don't have the elastic that a diaper does although they do have a bit. Could that be the problem?

WAHM to three, all natural, organic and sports-obsessed boys:. MDC7 for 7% off at www.cottontailbaby.com or www.mamaclothonline.com for all your cloth diapering and natural family living needs:
#3 of 10 Old 12-18-2009, 08:30 PM

I have some, but they aren't my favorite diaper. They definitely have elastic in the leg openings.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#4 of 10 Old 12-18-2009, 09:54 PM

I have several HH pocket fitteds that I use as his nighttime dipes every night. They definitely have elastic. If I don't get them on tight enough they'll leak around my guy's skinny legs, but they definitely have elastic.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#5 of 10 Old 12-18-2009, 11:56 PM

the elastic may be shot since you said you got them from someone else (were you meaning they were previously used?). we have hh os and they def have leg elastic. nak.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#6 of 10 Old 12-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had a few when DS was a babe, they weren't my favorite. I like something with separate thigh and waist snaps to get a better fit. Once DS got a big older and could take them off I ditched all my applix diapers.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#7 of 10 Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

well, after looking at them again, there is elastic around the legs, sort of.
it may be "shot out" like someone suggested, or else it's just not the kind i'm used to with kissiluvs; on the other diaps i have, the elastic makes a ruffle that sticks out, if that makes sense. the hh's don't have the ruffle and it's either the elastic being gone or the legs aren't tight enough -- there isn't a way to adjust them. maybe it's just they're a different diap than i'm used to or else dd hasn't gotten big enough for them (or has comparitively skinny legs).. thanks for the suggestions though!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#8 of 10 Old 12-19-2009, 05:35 PM

Is there a way that you could post pictures of what you have? The inside and outside? We used HH's in the medium size and loved them
#9 of 10 Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
the elastic may be shot since you said you got them from someone else (were you meaning they were previously used?). we have hh os and they def have leg elastic. nak.
just what I was going to say. turn them inside out (they are pockets right?) & you'll be able to see the elastic. it is super easy to fix. just sew new elastic (I like lastin) on top of the old shot elastic.

I have a bunch of HH pockets for DD & love them

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#10 of 10 Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 PM

I found HH to be plasticy and stiff.

Erin
mom to Kennedy, Owen, Liam & BABY. 1.7.13

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page