Overnight solution for 5 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love some suggestions. My 5.5 year old still wets the bed quite often as he is a very heavy sleeper. We have been using disposable overnight products, but I was wondering if there is a cloth option we could use? One that doesn't look like a diaper because he is getting close to 6 years old and certainly doesn't want to be diapered. Something he could pull up and down on his own would be ideal, with pul outer, and many layers of absorbancy. Is there anything like that out there?

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is he having major accidents or just little ones? If it is just little ones, then I would suggest the Imse Vimse trainer. They are terrific and look just like underwear. However, they are not SUPER absorbent. They are true trainers and are best for kids who might leak a little but don't have massive flood like accidents.

For the heavier wetter child, I would suggest the Happy Heiny's trainers. They come in three options 1) snaps on both sides, 2) snap on one side or 3) no snaps. The no snaps look just like underwear. You can stuff them with as much absorbency as you need depending on your child.

Good luck!

WAHM to three, all natural, organic and sports-obsessed boys:. MDC7 for 7% off at www.cottontailbaby.com or www.mamaclothonline.com for all your cloth diapering and natural family living needs:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
They are pretty major accidents. It doesn't happen every night, but it is a flood when it does happen. I will have to check out the Happy Heiney's. Thanks for the suggestion!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

User Tag List