Can't bring myself to make the "switch" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby is almost 9 months old. I do combo cloth-disposable. Sometimes it is a matter of grabbing whatever is closest at hand. If we are going out, I grab a sposie. My husband and daughter prefer sposies. I can have an entire basket of the BG 3.0s stuffed and ready to go right there, and they will get a sposie from the other room (or go upstairs, too). I've spent plenty of money on my fluff stash--a combo of prefolds, covers, contours, and BG 3.0s...What is the hurdle? Why do I not feel "comfortable" unless we have disposables on hand? I keep thinking that "ok, when the sposies run out, I won't buy more" then when I'm down to about a half-dozen, I go out and get more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Could you keep a package in the back of a closet? I have sposies in a closet not cause I feel the need for them but they r left over from a camping trip 2 yrs ago lol! DS wore them but has been pt 1 1/2yrs. I hate sposies though

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 11 Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Once I started to use cloth the smell of disposables makes my stomach turn. We have used sposies twice in the past 2 yrs, on travel days for our yearly vacation. And none of us can wait to get back to cloth!! (me, dh and dd)

Erin
mom to Kennedy, Owen, Liam & BABY. 1.7.13
#4 of 11 Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinjvrn View Post
Once I started to use cloth the smell of disposables makes my stomach turn. We have used sposies twice in the past 2 yrs, on travel days for our yearly vacation. And none of us can wait to get back to cloth!! (me, dh and dd)

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#5 of 11 Old 01-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinjvrn View Post
I completely agree!
#6 of 11 Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
My baby is almost 9 months old. I do combo cloth-disposable. Sometimes it is a matter of grabbing whatever is closest at hand. If we are going out, I grab a sposie. My husband and daughter prefer sposies. I can have an entire basket of the BG 3.0s stuffed and ready to go right there, and they will get a sposie from the other room (or go upstairs, too). I've spent plenty of money on my fluff stash--a combo of prefolds, covers, contours, and BG 3.0s...What is the hurdle? Why do I not feel "comfortable" unless we have disposables on hand? I keep thinking that "ok, when the sposies run out, I won't buy more" then when I'm down to about a half-dozen, I go out and get more.
By the way, you CAN bring yourself. Just throw out the sposies, end of story. That is what i did, everyone adapted just fine, even daddy.
#7 of 11 Old 01-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie T View Post
Could you keep a package in the back of a closet?
I think this is a good idea. Keeping sposies in an inconvenient spot so that if you REALLY need them you can get them, sort of like freezing your credit card in a bowl of water.

Christy wash.gif Mom to DS 4/21/04 reading.gif DD 9/20/09  dust.gif DD 7/2/11jog.gif

#8 of 11 Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take this with a grain of salt, but as someone who also uses both cloth and sposies, who says you have to make the switch? I mean, if you want to go 100% cloth, just take the plunge and do it. But if using both sposies and cloth is working for you and your family, no need to change. Even if you are doing 50/50, that's half as many sposies in a landfill than if you used them 100% of the time.
#9 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 02:24 AM

I'm with MamieCole

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#10 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 05:30 PM

If you use the sposies when you go out, only keep a small package in the trunk of the car and tell dh and daughter to just use the cloth.
#11 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 AM

honestly the cloth diapers seem to hold as much if not more as the sposies do. and they contain the blowouts better. i agree though that if you are comfortable where you are, no need to go 100% cloth. we use a variety of pocket diapers here and dh does fine with them, along with our daycare provider.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page