*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 1- - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by rubidoux
Jenn, maybe a few more days on this fast and you can channel you dipe energy in your dh's direction, iykwim.

J.
ROFL! Would it be so bad if I confessed to thinking about diapers at least 3 seperate times every time we dtd! I've never told anyone that and I swear it's the honest truth! I can't believe what's come over me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 PM

Quote:
am I still cheating???

:LOL
Old 02-25-2004, 10:41 PM

Quote:
ROFL! Would it be so bad if I confessed to thinking about diapers at least 3 seperate times every time we dtd! I've never told anyone that and I swear it's the honest truth! I can't believe what's come over me!
LMAO!! I think I'm in love with you Jen... hee hee!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Old 02-25-2004, 10:43 PM

Old 02-25-2004, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JennInSeattle

: : : : :

Sad thing is, I totally believe you!

Well, I'm hanging my head in shame. We've been doing this for three days, but on day one I had to wait to join up till after I ordered my f&f soaker pattern. Then I cheated anyway by buying two organic cloud9softies of the tp. Yesterday, I did great. No diaper buying at all. But my success went straight to my head and today I bought a gmww butt sweater. If anything I have gotten worse, not better.

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I do that too! : Sorry DH!!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:57 PM

Well about cheating! lol I still haven't spent a dime and I swear this is a record!!

Oh J - You've totally fallen off, come back to us!! :LOL Um.. o/t - what does gmww stand for (only curious.. I will not be emailing them! ROFL!).

And Lisa - I'm glad to know I'm in good company, it embarrasses me every time I catch myself doing that.. got to keep my eyes open!! lol This is just WAY too personal!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 PM

Quote:
what does gmww stand for
Green Mountain Wee Woolies

Old 02-25-2004, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Well about cheating! lol I still haven't spent a dime and I swear this is a record!!
Not that this is directed to you, Jenn-- but I received this tidbit in an email from one of my favorite WAHM's today:

"I've been reading with interest the Diaper Addicts Anonymous thread...and though I'll never divulge whom...there's some who have fallen off the wagon hehehe"

I think that somebody(ies) need to make a full and complete confession to cleanse your diaper soul(s), as soon as possible.

Karla
Old 02-25-2004, 11:12 PM

Quote:
"I've been reading with interest the Diaper Addicts Anonymous thread...and though I'll never divulge whom...there's some who have fallen off the wagon hehehe"
BWA-HA-HA!!!

At least I admitted my indiscretions!

Old 02-25-2004, 11:12 PM

Was it Karen from the Berry Patch?? I bought that before we started this thread and I just paid her for it today.. I was slow! lol

Perhaps it was the Cucumber Seed? I told her to go ahead and order the Lake Blue yarn that's she's putting in next week but I haven't paid her for anything!!

Hm... who else have I been talking to??

BUT you can check my paypal receipts.. I haven't paid for a thing!!! *makes me want to go check my paypal reciepts!*
Old 02-25-2004, 11:15 PM

: :LOL : :LOL
Old 02-25-2004, 11:45 PM

Well, I lasted about an hour. I bought a beautiful soaker from Willy Woolly .

Oh well, NOW I am done. Almost. I just realized Ava is just about to grow out of her Kissaluvs size 1. Time for some new fitteds!

Lori
Old 02-26-2004, 12:08 AM

I think I figured out who it was that said that Karla.. it was Danalex.. wasn't it! She's the owner of Too Cute Covers.. she emailed me (I had snagged a custom slot before this thread started) but it had been a few days to a week since I had heard from her and she said she was getting ready to start my wool shorts. I told her to go for it because they are so hard to get!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:11 AM

Cheater.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I think I figured out who it was that said that Karla.. it was Danalex.. wasn't it! She's the owner of Too Cute Covers.. she emailed me (I had snagged a custom slot before this thread started) but it had been a few days to a week since I had heard from her and she said she was getting ready to start my wool shorts. I told her to go for it because they are so hard to get!
Oh you are so wrong about who it is, Jenn-- but it's fascinating to watch you trot out your recent purchases and rationalize them

Bwwwaaahaha

Karla
Old 02-26-2004, 01:47 AM

alright, I'm on the bandwagon too, mainly b/c my paypal is down to about $9 at this point! So now I need to sell some stuff so that once the two weeks is up I can get something
Old 02-26-2004, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Jenn--I said you should get the lightweight RICE colored CASHMERE, instead of the Oatmeal colored cashmere (which is heavier weight-which you don't need because you have a light wetter!). Does that clarify? I think we were miscommunicating.

Ok, I got so grumpy about no diaper purchases that I bought myself two more fancee free extra support nursing bras, and this afternoon I went downtown and bought myself a small box of chocolates and munched them all down with a cup of banana nut coffee at one of my favorite coffee houses with DS and my friend Krystal. I also ordered a WHOLE BUNCH of pictures from my recent trip to the US so I can update DS's babybook and our family album. So I've spent way over a hundred euros (which is more than dollars) today, but NOT ON FLUFF! Spending on other stuff definatly helps me.... but now that my credit card is cut off it's all over. I can still walk downtown and buy stuff with cash though! There's baby stores with organic merino wool jersey baby clothes of all kinds, and that stuff is sooooo soft---like my rice colored Kiwi Pie cashmere cover, Jenn!

Re: DTD with your DH's and thinkin' bout diapers---I'd love to join your ranks but we don't even GO THERE anymore! UGh. My DH is such a hottie, too, it's really not fair.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:10 AM

I'm gettin' shaky. This is hard! If I don't get some fluff in the mail tomorrow I think I might lose it...
Old 02-26-2004, 03:16 AM

I have an idea...why don't you wrap up your favourite fluff, and put it in your mailbox. LMAO! like that guy in the commercial who sent himself a Christmas card with the scratch and win tix in it :LOL

Then you could go to the mailbox in the morning, and get a mini fix

no? not the same, huh.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 AM

All's I can say is what a bunch of sissys! A true addict wouldn't take a break from diaper buying until it's time to potty train. At least that is the motto I live by. Now you will have to excuse me while I go shop for more diapers.

:LOL just teasing you all because I am to weak to ever join this thread for real:LOL
Old 02-26-2004, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

getting serious nervous about not having credit card for a bit (NOT that I would use it of course)....

hard to get excited about new nursing bras.....
Old 02-26-2004, 12:33 PM

Quote:
All's I can say is what a bunch of sissys!
LMAO!!!

Old 02-26-2004, 12:35 PM

Quote:
If I don't get some fluff in the mail tomorrow I think I might lose it...
That's what pushed me over the edge...

Old 02-26-2004, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MissSugarKane
All's I can say is what a bunch of sissys! A true addict wouldn't take a break from diaper buying until it's time to potty train. At least that is the motto I live by. Now you will have to excuse me while I go shop for more diapers.

:LOL just teasing you all because I am to weak to ever join this thread for real:LOL

AMEN SISTER!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:21 PM

I'm still here, and really grumpy about it. I almost ordered some SOS prefolds last night because I *need* them so bad...but I didn't... Seriously, this was fun, but it isn't anymore. I don't like this game...
Old 02-26-2004, 02:14 PM

I just want to offer you all my support when Fluffymail stocks today. I know I fell off the wagon but I am not going to stalk today, I am leaving the house and going to lunch with my friend to stop myself!

I have enough, I'm going to donate what I would stalk (I have super high speed internet and a fast mouse!) to someone who has no fluffymail!

Old 02-26-2004, 02:32 PM

Ok. I can't do this anymore. I have this paypal balance just sitting there. This is silly anyway! I'm going shopping...
Old 02-26-2004, 02:47 PM

For some this is silly for me this is serious. I need to feel like I can have that sense of control that diaper buying has stolen from me (ok, I gave it away)! I need to be able to make good decisions by receiving my fluff before I order more.. what if I love my fluff and want more of that but spent money on 10 more WAHM's..kwim? I would love to plan my fluff spending better and not feel limited to a diaper a day but rather 10-20 diapers at once! I want to know what I'm spending by giving myself a limit and not impluse buying all the time and saying.. "Oh look, I spent $500 this month.. I meant to spend $200"! lol No.. this is a good and serious thing for me. Even if some *unknown* WAHM ratted me out (though for the life of me I can't think whom and I truly haven't spent a penny).

Anyway.. even if this thread and this commitment do nothing to change my diaper buying I know that I can do it if I set my mind to it.. that's something else I want to gain from this!

Oh and regarding the Rice vs Cashmere.. she said both are 50/50 blends and the Rice is softer but she finds the Oatmeal Cashmere combined with the Merino inside to be more waterproof than the Rice. Angelica - How waterproof is your Rice?
Old 02-26-2004, 02:57 PM

Jenn. I admire your commitment. But *I* don't have a problem, see. :LOL I just ordered some soaker pants for $8!!!! from reuseabums. I was so excited to find some so cheap. Dang if felt good!
Sorry...back to your regular programming...good job all you that are still on top of it.

User Tag List