*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 1- - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Put it back Jenn, you can do it. You're going to feel much better about yourself if you put it back.

FWIW, I put back a Freshies earlier this morning. I feel better.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#212 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM

Put it back.
#213 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 03:34 PM

I have to agree with those who recommend to have someone show you the basics for knitting. I bought Knitting for dummies.....I couldn't get the cast on from it......anyway long story short I had someone show me how to do it. I know how to cast on, knit & purl....I bought some circ needles, yarn, LTK pattern. I'm starting my swatch right now.

JENN- I can show you the basics if you really want to learn Its super easy for me now but was tough learning from a darn book. Now I can reference Knitting for dummies with ease.

I tried crochet too but I think I'm a visual learner I could get the chain down but that's about it LOL!
#214 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 03:38 PM

Fine, I put the Freshies back but I'm keeping the infant ubcpf from CPC because the two dyed ones I got last week aren't unbleached and don't do the job for Nathan.. so I only have one that I can use. I did get a matching pair of shorts though..

But they aren't fluffy so I refuse to feel guilty for them! lol

Kimberly - I have a knitting store that gives lessons nearby.. I should just shell out the $20 I would have spent on the Freshies and learn! lol
#215 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 03:40 PM

and I have even sold off most of my stash. I do not have much left of my stash really. Mostly prefolds and Cloud 9 Softies and FMBG and a few stragglers here and there of other wahm diapers. I am going to continue to downsize my stash. I will live through other people now and enjoy their stuff, so please post pictures. LOL!:LOL
#216 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 04:56 PM

Just a warning for the aspiring knitters: I think I've probably already spent $150 during my three week knitting career. And I really wanted to take Pam's class, but can't justify another $35. I have bought the LTK pattern (which is great, btw), the fern&faerie pattern (still waiting on), spent $23 on vintage patterns (this included around 6 soakers and lots of other baby stuff, too), then bought several needles and other notions, and enough yarn for five or six soakers. It's really lucky that I don't know much about yarn or knitting because I have been trolling the web for yarn like I used to for dipes, but haven't bought any more because I don't know what kind to get.

On the other hand, I love the two I've finished and I'm almost done with a third. I taught myself how to knit and purl on the web and had never made anything before.

Just beware! :LOL

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#217 of 220 Old 03-01-2004, 06:15 PM

I am seriously joining in this week. I should be getting in the rest of our dipes this week and I really need to test them out before we order anything else.

I am loving the LHC fitteds and the custom Jaiden's Jubilee is fantastic.

But I need to restrain myself and test out what we have and decide what is going to work best before I make any more mistakes.

I am really thinking fitteds or true AIO's maybe the way to go.
Quick dry and contours just don't have enough soaking power. ESpecially for a baby on lasix. The poor thing woke up in a puddle this morning.

But anyway. I will be joining you ladies this week.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#218 of 220 Old 03-02-2004, 04:38 AM

Ok, I bought a few things that I really need/wanted from Darling Diapers but none were diapers. I was about to buy a velour bikini cut cuddlebuns from Little-Fishy when I stopped myself and decided that it would make me feel panicky about dipping into our money. So that's it, I'm done for another week. I've had my little spending spree and when this two week commitment is up I'll spend another $50-75 but no more for this week. I'm absolutely serious, I'll just enjoy my 4x8 wipes, changing pad cover and bib for now..
#219 of 220 Old 03-02-2004, 04:48 AM

Do I even WANT to jump into this thread????

Nada
#220 of 220 Old 03-02-2004, 05:17 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page