Wanting to start using cloth diapers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I considered cloth before DD was born but were talked out of it by my mother. We now regret that and want to start with cloth, but have no idea how.

DD is going to be a year in two weeks (I can't believe it!) and has fantastically chubby little legs. Besides that litlle bit of info, I have no idea what else I would look for in a cloth diaper.

Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-01-2010, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you looking for a cheaper system with a few more steps involved, or a simpler system that will cost more? Or something in the middle? Do you need stay-dry dipes? Is she sensitive to any fabrics, such as synthetics or wool?

Those are some good questions to start with to help us come up with recommendations. Also, you'll want to measure her with a soft tape (or a string, then measure it with a ruler) to find her dimensions and see what sizes will fit her best.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#3 of 3 Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its not too late to start using cloth diapers. You would want 12 diapers a day for your baby. If you want to do wash every 3rd day then you would want about 24 to 36 diapers. If you go with a onesize diaper it will grow with your baby. So you won't have to buy up in size as your baby grows. Then I would suggest 2 wet bags, since one is always in the wash. This is to put your dirty diapers in, you keep it in your diaper bag. You might also want some cloth wipes and bottom cleaner and a cloth diaper friednly rash cream. That should take care of your needs. Oh and a pail or trash can to put the dirty ones in at home.
Lynda

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page