Anyone use Biokleen powder on diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been prepping my diapers and I use Biokleen powder. I read in a paper that Green Mountain Diapers sent with the diapers that you shouldn't use Biokleen on covers or PUL.

I bought some Charlie's Soap just to use on the covers but should I really be using it on everything? I really like Biokleen so I am bummed I have to use something else.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#2 of 9 Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM

I don't use biokleen but both my SILs did when they CD'd. One of them switched because she felt like it was too 'harsh' and while it got stains and cleaned very well it caused the diapers to wear a lot faster. This site says that "Biokleen has caused trouble with pocket type diapers but may work fine with prefold or fitted cloth diapers."

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#3 of 9 Old 02-06-2010, 05:29 PM

I wanted to try biokleen because it was available locally but I had some trouble with odor and repelling - I couldn't find anything else to blame it on, so I'm pretty sure it was the biokleen. : (

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#4 of 9 Old 02-07-2010, 12:33 AM

I used it for 9 months without a single issue on my PUL covers, prefolds, and cotton fitteds. The only reason I switched is because I haven't done an Azure order recently and its not available locally. I'm using Country Save right now and like it. Since its cheaper I'll be buying that in bulk instead of the Biokleen although I'd say they work equally well for me.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-07-2010, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I guess I have to see how it goes. I guess I won't use it on PUL and if I have a problem I will just try the Charlie's. I was excited about CDing but now I am just feeling overwhelmed with all the things that can go wrong.

#6 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM

My husband got me 4 gallon size boxes of BioKleen FREE at a trade show and I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $25 to have Charlie's Soap mailed to me with all that I've got. I just started it today and we'll see what happens, if it's rough on my diapers I guess I'll do Tide Free and Clear which seems to be recommended here frequently...

Quote:
I was excited about CDing but now I am just feeling overwhelmed with all the things that can go wrong.
I know how you feel!! But I think this is worth it.
#7 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 PM

I've been using Biokleen powder on every type of cloth diaper over the past 6 years with NO issues. I have a front loader too, which people claim aren't good for diapers. I've never had rash or stink issues as long as I do a quick cold wash first followed by a long hot wash w/ extra rinse. Biokleen is great for sensitive skin too!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#8 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 PM

I used to use it four years ago with my dd's dipes. We used mostly prefolds and fitteds. Front loader. No problems at all with added wear. In fact I was very happy with the results when we switched. I definitely used it on covers as well and they all worked fine.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#9 of 9 Old 02-12-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page