after newborns??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD #2 is already 9 and a half lbs...so our prefolds , covers, and kissaluvs are quickly becoming obsolete! DD#1 was a much slower grower, so I thought I had longer to figure out what was next. I need something that will be easy for DH and a sitter to use, and it would great if it could be a one size. Thanks for any ideas.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 03:38 PM

I've been testing OS dipes lately, and I have to say that my favorite at this point are Muttaquin 3SR and Bububebe. They both fit my ultra-skinny little guy, they both work overnight (first ones I've found that will hold everything overnight), and because the rise snaps down instead of folds down, daddy could even use these (he can't figure out the ones with the fold-down rise).

I do also really like Bag Shot Row Bamboo and Goodmama, but they are both fold-down and neither will last through the night. My Sustainable Babyish OS pin dipe is also lovely, but because it doesn't even fold down it's difficult to cover - I have to size up in wool to cover the high rise. All of these fit beautifully, but they will not get us through the night, and none of them can daddy figure out.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Id buy fuzzi bunz or compareable sized pockets for now, its easier to use onesize when they are 13+ lbs IMO.

Size small thirsties covers will last you a long time, with a preemie prefold and a radrag would work good. I think an infant prefold would be too bulky at 9.5 lbs. I started cding my last baby from birth and he was 9.5 lbs at birth, and wore NB for a bit.

Erin
mom to Kennedy, Owen, Liam & BABY. 1.7.13
#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 03:58 PM

If you want something easy for a sitter to use, then I would go with a pocket. The bumGenius 3.0, Happy Heiny's, FuzziBunz one size are all good options. You could prestuff them to make it even simpler for the uninitiated.

I love the Thirsties covers, especially the new Duo Wrap, but a prefold might be too tricky for someone who does not do it every day. Thirsties just introduced the Duo Diaper that has the same "grow with you" technology of the Duo Wrap but in a diaper. That could work.

Good luck!

WAHM to three, all natural, organic and sports-obsessed boys:. MDC7 for 7% off at www.cottontailbaby.com or www.mamaclothonline.com for all your cloth diapering and natural family living needs:
#5 of 5 Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 AM

Pockets are easy to use, you can stuff them ahead of time and then DS or sitters can put them on. I am loving the Sweet Pea OS pockets and also the Sweet Pea AI3's. Bumgenius is another good brand, these are my bulletproof nighttime diapers

Jen, mom of Alisha (09/18/04) and Luke (02/18/09)
Owner of Down to Earth Baby Gear http://www.cloth-diaper.ca Cloth diapers, baby carriers and More!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page