How often do you wash your CDs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We might be moving to an apartment with no in-suite laundry and will be doing our laundry in the communal laundry room. Right now I wash her dipes every two days.

If I get a few more and do a wash every three days would that be a problem? Would i have to do anything differently?

We use FB.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
doubt it. I think it would be fine. In the summer you may face more stink issues or you may want to invest in a diaper sprayer if stains bother you but I think you should be fine. As long as you get good airflow and they are drying out, the stink won't be bad and you won't be getting mold. occasionally leaving he lid off the pail might help with airflow

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I sometimes go 4-5 days between washing and I have never had an issue with mold of overly stinky pails. Depends on how busy I get, sometimes I was every 2 days and other times its longer like 4 or 5. I have enough I could probably go 2 weeks! LOL

Jen, mom of Alisha (09/18/04) and Luke (02/18/09)
Owner of Down to Earth Baby Gear http://www.cloth-diaper.ca Cloth diapers, baby carriers and More!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 AM

I wash every other day, but have gone up to 4 days without any adverse effect on the diapers. By day five, though, there were some serious stink battles.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 PM

for over a year I washed 1x a week at a laundromat. I had pf, fitteds, pockets & aios. I used only top loaders (3 washers) & allen's naturally. I only ran 1 hot wash. I did not have any problems.

now that we have our own washer I wash 2x a week

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Great feedback, thanks!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 PM

Every third day is just fine. If you are using pockets just be sure to remove the inserts out of the pocket once you take the diaper off your baby.

Self employed cloth diaper Mom. Owner of DiaperShops-The Cloth Diaper Whisperer Blog-daily posts on cloth diapering and home of Fluff Friday
Old 03-01-2010, 11:28 PM

we use mostly fb and wash every 5-7 days. (we do have a diaper sprayer)
Old 03-06-2010, 01:11 AM

I would suggest getting as much poo off the dirty diapers as you can. My dirty FB don't do very well if I let them sit too long. I normally wash every 2 days but sometimes go 3.

Shop Suburban Tree Hugger
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Currently we're back to every 3-4 days. Right before DS2 was born and I just had DS1 I could go as much as every 4-5 days (had/have 40 bg 2.0s) But with a lil baby again who pees/poos all the time, but also with only one in diapers (YAY!!), I'm back to my old every 3-4 day wash routine. I use planet detergent and wash once on cold/cold on the longest setting, then again on hot/cold w/o detergent (both times w/ an extra rinse). I don't rinse out DS2's diapers, though once he really starts solids and his poop changes I will have to again, thoug I do of course always take out the inserts

User Tag List