*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 2- Let's end the denial!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 108 Old 03-03-2004, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep saying...

Just for today, I know I have enough diapers.
Just for today, I will be happy with the diapers I have & enjoy them.
Just for today, I will delete my yahoo list messages & empty my cart before I click check out.
Just for today ...

anybody have one?
#62 of 108 Old 03-03-2004, 08:13 PM

I like that, "Just for today..." I'm going to try that.

I am going to back away from the Willy Wooly soaker I was going to have made because my Tuesday Bear cover is getting under way and that should be enough to look forward to. I have been having the urge to buy another CuddleWool because I only have 2 pieces of jersey and I like the fit so much, so I emailed Kira at Little-Fishy... maybe she won't write me back! LOL.

Oh... and I am not feeling the P-Fold love so if anyone is looking for one you might be seeing on on the TP tomorrow...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#63 of 108 Old 03-03-2004, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Oh... and I am not feeling the P-Fold love so if anyone is looking for one you might be seeing on on the TP tomorrow...
Now that's just mean. Is that supposed to help us, Sheena???
:LOL
#64 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 02:30 PM

How is everyone doing today?

I have a major accomplishment I wanted to share....

I am expecting nothing in the mail! Nothing. And you know what? I feel good about it. No concerns about DH getting the mail before me. No anxiety about when the mailman is coming. I feel free!!!!! FREE!!!!!!! I do think there could be some diaper buying in the next few months though - because Ava's Ella's diapers are starting to get a little on the small side. She still has some wear left in 'em but they will be outgrown soonish. We need them for DH and the babysitter to use, so those are a must-buy. And DH will concur, so not too worried about that.

And I am feeling strangely at peace with my stash right now! A nice selection of everything I need. Aaahhhhh....

Lori
#65 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 03:03 PM

Lori. That's awesome!
#66 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 03:06 PM

I am doing good. I placed an order with LHC for two fitteds. Than I thought about it and I really don't need any fitteds, I don't even have room for more fitteds. So I canceled my order. I feel good. I cleaned out my stash this week and sold a bunch of stuff that didn't work for us. I am waiting on a bunch of diapers and covers though that I ordered a while ago. And yesterday I won a FCB cover off of e-bay. It was a bid I placed last week. I'm such a dork because the cover has Scorpio appliqued on the back. My son isn't a scorpio!! After I won I looked up scorpio and my MIL and youngest brothers are scorpios, so now I have a reason! But the cover was only $10 and it said in EC.
#67 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 03:11 PM

Dana-
That's a really good buy for a FCB baby cover!

I want to go through our stuff and sell some too, but I am always worried I will sell it and then realize I shouldn't have. Ever have that happen. For example, we have a Sugarpeas size 2 diaper which is really just way too big. She can wear it but its just too much diaper. But maybe I'll like it when she is bigger. Or, we have just changed over to FB at night - I was doing Hemp fitteds with a fleece liner and a wool cover but I have discovered, oddly enough, that the FB keep her skin healthier. No idea why. So should I keep my hemp fitteds? probably but I may change my mind. And then there is the issue of another baby - and should I save it for that reason? These are the things I can't decide!

Anyway, I need to do an inventory and see if there are any must-go's and clear things out but I don't think there is too much I want to get rid of.

Lori
#68 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 03:21 PM

I do that too when I sell things. If it's something I'm on the fence about I'll either list it kinda high, that way if it sells you make a good deal and won't feel bad, or no one buys it and you can decide if you really want it. I've listed a few things high and gotten no offers than decided I really like them and started using them again.
#69 of 108 Old 03-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Banned

I've been doing a lot of clearing, too, and it feels pretty good. Though i am a little nervous that i will kick myself for getting rid of a couple of things : . But, if they're just taking up storage space and don't really fit, out they must go, no matter how lovely . To make room for all my new stuff arriving!
#70 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Lori, I want to be where you are!

I am seriously close to a certain purchase...i won't say what because then it will be gone, but it's reallly soft, wooly, and lovely......

help!
#71 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 03:15 AM

Quote:
I am seriously close to a certain purchase...i won't say what because then it will be gone, but it's reallly soft, wooly, and lovely......
Well, if you said what it was then someone might buy it and you can't... seriously, it will work if you really don't want to buy it!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#72 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 03:23 AM

I like Amy's line of thinking!

Seriously.. it's ok, you've been great.. reward yourself! Then I won't feel so bad! LOL
#73 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

I fell. I bought two organic french terry fleece diapers from sellin threads. I love organic fleece so much, I just could NOT help myself. And with only 4 days left.... *sigh.* I am just too weak.
#74 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:24 PM

We all were Angelica! I think you're the strongest among us.. did anyone make it without spending??

I'm very proud of you! I'm very ashamed of myself!
#75 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

I've been talking about it with DH, and kind of came clean about my credit card (reads: diapering) bills for the last few months, and he was really surprised how much of our money has gone for diapers, but really sweet about it too. He said he wants to be supportive of what makes me happy, but is willing to try to help me get control over this addiction. He said we could set a certain budget (like 100 dollars per month, or something) for my diaper spending, and I could try my best to stick to that, realizing I'd have to NOT buy certain things so I COULD buy others, instead of just getting everything that strikes me. He thinks we should go through my paypal history since the beginning of my cloth buying days and really figure out what I've spent, so that I can have a realistic picture of my present situation..... I'm scared!
#76 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:30 PM

I'd be so scared too! I don't think I could do it! Dan knew I was on a diaper diet and so did my mother. Both know I spend a lot but they don't realize just how much it really is. I feel your pain!

Do me a favor.. make me a list of everything on it's way including what you have in the works..
#77 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:30 PM

I didn't make it. But after today I am done until everything comes in and we see how we like it all.

I know I have said that before. But I mean it this time. Other wise we are going to be swimming in diapers we don't like.:

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#78 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:34 PM

Angelica -

O/T The crotch is 4.5 inches..

I need to list my comings so I can convince myself not to buy more..
#79 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JennInSeattle
I'd be so scared too! I don't think I could do it! Dan knew I was on a diaper diet and so did my mother. Both know I spend a lot but they don't realize just how much it really is. I feel your pain!

Do me a favor.. make me a list of everything on it's way including what you have in the works..
I don't think I could even remember....

3 elbees, elbee wool pants and hat
4 bottom bumpers
3 buckeyebottoms dipes
2 sellin threads
3 longies from flicker-n-suds
2-3 kp wios
freshies wool

can't remember what else....my best friend got here yesterday and brought 2 gorgeous LTK pattern soakers, and is almost done with gorgeous longies....and I'm shopping for more wool for her right now so she can make more...in cashmere/merino and 100% cashmere yarn! So in a couple weeks we'll be swimming in longies and soakers! Her fishy appliques on the soakers we have are gorgeous too-first try! wow.
#80 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:54 PM

Ok I'm going to list what's coming hopefully as motivation to lay off spending for a while..

1 organic Buckeye Bottoms Fitted
1 Too Cute Covers knitted and appliqued Shorts
1 Cushie Tushie Soaker and hat set (that I'm pretty sure is lost in the mail and I'm about ready to give up on it and see where we go from here)
1 Cushie Tushie Tester Fitted
1 Sunburst Shop Tester Fitted
1 Becca Bottoms Tester AIO
1 Daisy Doodles Starter Pack AIO
1 Lucy's Hope Chest AIO - Easter
1 Sherpa Sellen Threads Fitted
1 Cotton Pickin Creations Romper
1 Pair of all leather embroidered Moss Feet
1 Kiwi Pie Rice Cashmere Cover
1 Tender Beginnings Fitted
1 Dew Drop Diapers Fitted
1 Freshies AIO (that I keep going back and forth on but have commited to)

I forgot two.. I also have a

Sugarpeas Size 1 Organic Cotton
some things from Darling Diapers
an FCB-lite fitted coming.
and a RB WIO
SLS Stuffer

And I *think* that's it!

Angelica - Did you see my crotch measurement? I'm exceptionally jealous of your soaker friends!
#81 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I'm exceptionally jealous of your soaker friends!
Me to! Holy carp that would be cool!
#82 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

I AM so lucky. I'm laying on my side in the bedroom, nursing DS right now, with my laptop next to me (so awkward to type this way!), and she's with my hubby in the living room watching a movie and knitting knitting knitting on the longies in rainbow colored yarn from jessica at fabriconnection.com ! We love it. The blues she gave us for the soakers were even better--Jen made one in med, and one in large, with yarn to spare (we thought we'd only have enough for one soaker), with the cutest fishies all over the bum. I took pics, just have to upload them, and I'll add it to my wool gallery, if ya'll wanna see! And the rainbow longies when they're done.

Do you think this yarn would be way too girly for ds? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2384429317

Obvoiusly these blues wouldn't be: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEBWA:IT

But we have so much blue stuff---although it's an awesome color, so who cares.... there's some all-cashmere yarn I'm eyeing on ebay, too, but it's really hard to find the RIGHT kind of yarn for the size needles she uses on the LTK pattern....the pink hydrangea (first link above) is PERFECT for the pattern, so I think I'll deal with the pink shade in the colorway. The blues I'm not sure would work.

Anyway, I am SO lucky! I can't wait for you guys to see what my son's godmama has made!
#83 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

LOL at the negative pregnancy test in that second link!

Click on www.ebay.com and put in item number 2384069155 and you'll see the yarn....
#84 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:18 PM

Go for the pink! I have so few pink things and I love putting them on Nathan! I love the hydrangea.. so when is she taking orders? :LOL
#85 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Jenn, she is a poor college girl with exceptional knitting abilities, so I think if I mosied into the living room and offered her a paying gig, she just may take it. And shopping around the net for yarn to use is really fun! WAIT a minute, I'm supposed to help you NOT spend, not find you new ladies to knit for you!!!
#86 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:27 PM

Too late! lol

You just let me know where and when to send some money and I will! I usually pay $35 for a plain soaker plus $10 for applique plus $3-5 for shipping and if the yarn is a little more expensive than most I'd pay the additional for that.. let me know if it tempts her!!!
#87 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

you'd have to buy the yarn and have it sent to her... i highly recommend Jessica's 2 ply custom dyed wool...sooooo soft. She's going to try her hand at dragonflys on the natural color soaker my mom made (BTW, no diaper peeks out!)....are you interested in dragonflies or fishies? I think Nathan needs a size small.....med is BIG for us, and u know how chubby my ds is!
#88 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:43 PM

Yep, I'd need a small with an 18 inch rise.. Whatever she feels game for is good for me. I don't like to have people repeat things they've done to often because it bores the heck out of them so I'm totally open.. so, how much yarn do I need to buy?
#89 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

She walked in and read the thread and she's so impressed that someone wants to pay her to knit something!

She's excited to do it, as long as I give my blessing because she doesn't want her godson to suffer for her having her knitting attention divided thus! LOL She's so sweet. I, unlike some people don't feel like I need a dozen soakers, so I don't mind!

Anyway, she wants to give it a try, whenever she gets the yarn she needs! It is really hard to find the right yarn (light worsted weight), though, ugh, most gorgeous hand dyed yarn I find out there in cyberland isn't the right kind and it's hard to walk away from them because they won't work.
#90 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 06:57 PM

LOL - Well you said I can get it from fabriconnection right? How much do I need again?

And not only do I need a dozen but I think 15 would be the perfect number! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page