*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 2- Let's end the denial!!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, jessica did a gorgeous job on my true blue colorway skeins. the lightweight stuff is great-super soft.

You know it never ends, right....first 15, then 20......then 2 doz....
#92 of 108 Old 03-05-2004, 08:35 PM

Jenn

What is this FCB lite you have on order? Did I miss something?

I have a Too Cute Cover in process, too! Dana is dying the yarn - variegated purple. I can't wait!

Cass from Cass's Cozies just made a soaker for me, too. It's so pretty: http://tinyurl.com/2pwqt She made it from her Stormy wool, which you can see in the "Available Wool" section in her Photo Album. I can't wait to get that one, either!
#93 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:14 AM

ummm, hello addicts??? You're not supposed to use *during* the meeting...

LOL! I am buying on the side, just trying to keep it quiet :LOL
#94 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jmofarrill
Jenn

What is this FCB lite you have on order? Did I miss something?

I have a Too Cute Cover in process, too! Dana is dying the yarn - variegated purple. I can't wait!

Cass from Cass's Cozies just made a soaker for me, too. It's so pretty: http://tinyurl.com/2pwqt She made it from her Stormy wool, which you can see in the "Available Wool" section in her Photo Album. I can't wait to get that one, either!
Dana just finished my soaker shorts from Too Cute Covers: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid3600802

The FCB lite is a modified version of the FCB sherpa, it's going to be trimmer (also less absorbant) than the regular sherpa but still have the great sherpa qualities. This is a bit of a tester.

I can't wait to see your soaker and I LOVE your Cass's Cozies!
#95 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiralWoman
ummm, hello addicts??? You're not supposed to use *during* the meeting...

LOL! I am buying on the side, just trying to keep it quiet :LOL
I don't think anyone is left on the wagon! lol We're just having fun chatting it up now!
#96 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:31 AM

I have to crash this thread to find out if that ebay yarn will work for a soaker. I just looked at the other items, and those yarns are gorgeous. MIL is more than happy to knit wool shorts for DS, but I'm not sure what weight of yarn to buy, or how much.
#97 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, here's the skinny:

For the LTK patterns (Theresa, if you're reading,c orrect me if I'm wrong), for the soaker you need light worsted weight yarn (doesn't matter how many plys, just light) that will work on size 7 needles, and for the longies you need worsted/heavy worsted weight yarn that will also work on size 7 needles. So the blues that I showed ya'll will probably work for longies, and the cashmere/merino 'pink hydrangea' colorway yarn will definatly work for longies. Jessica, at fabricconnection.com has light worsted yarn that works great for soakers (and heavy, too, for longies, but I strongly prefer her lightweight yarn).

Most of the yarn I find is for too-big size needles, or too small (lace weight).... US size 7-9 is what I look for in the description, I think.... That pink hydrangea colorway yarn is going to cost me 60 dollars, since I have to buy 2 skeins for size medium longies.

#98 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 04:56 AM

OMG! JENN --- those shorts are just AWESOME!!!

why cant i find anything that cool instock to buy???
#99 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mama2kyla
OMG! JENN --- those shorts are just AWESOME!!!

why cant i find anything that cool instock to buy???
I know.. I always seem to luck out with my wool! I showed this to my mom and she said if I wasn't head over heels in love then she'd like to keep it at her house! I reminded her that she has yet to even change a diaper and she'd like to keep a cover at her house?? She said it works as a cover and it's a pull on, right? I agreed. She said "I just put on a diaper and pull on the shorts, Yep, if you don't find yourself using them constantly then bring them over to my house where I can love on them"! I've never heard her talk like that in my life! :

Tiffany - These days instock soakers are becoming rare.. I hear wool is a fad but man if I can't see how! lol
#100 of 108 Old 03-06-2004, 12:31 PM

How about the hand-dyed yarn at LTK? I ordered a bunch from her last week and she was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Kim
#101 of 108 Old 03-07-2004, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

I have her heavy worsted yarn for longies, and it's really pretty! Definatly suitable for LTK patterns.

Jenn, i want to see the shorts...lemme have a link!
#102 of 108 Old 03-07-2004, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

OK, it's over, done, I'm out! But I feel stronger and wiser now that I am going to try my best to stick a strict diaper budget every month. This will be good for me---not a diaper diet, but a diaper-reality-check, that it's NOT OK to spend 500 per month on cute diapers. : Well, not until we're rich anyways!

How do you guys feel? Relieved the 2 weeks is over? Ashamed you crashed the diet big time? Ready for the Tuesday Bear stocking?
#103 of 108 Old 03-07-2004, 10:13 PM

Well, I wish I would have done better but I actually didn't do too badly. I'm glad the whole thing happened because it really was a reality check. I'm not giving them up but now I do think long and hard about every purchase and I prioritize better.

However, I'm ready to go down fighting for a KSS spot on Tuesday!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#104 of 108 Old 03-07-2004, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Ready for the Tuesday Bear stocking?
:LOL

I feel I did pretty good and I learned alot too. I don't buy everything I see now. I am at least much more picky. I have been window shopping for days now waiting till I see the perfect thing. I have also cleared out some of the things I don't love so I have some funds for when I do buy something. Thanks for starting this. Really, it has been good for me.
#105 of 108 Old 03-08-2004, 03:35 AM

I'm ashamed I didn't do better and make it through both weeks and I'm ashamed that I'm back to my old diaper antics. I want to have that self restraint again and I'm fighting my old ways and losing.. I'm not very happy in diaper land right now, seriously..
#106 of 108 Old 03-08-2004, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs to you, Jenn! I feel guilty that I just couldn't stop myself from getting 2 organic french terry fleece (LOVE that material!) diapers from sellin threads, but, what cán I say--I even told DH about my internal struggle and HE told me to go for it, so I could no longer stop myself with THAT endorsement (which never happens). I think he just felt bad for how tough the 10 days that I DID hold out were on me. :LOL aren't we just pitiful????
#107 of 108 Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Banned

Angelica - How did you get those from sellin threads? I didn't even see anywhere on her site to make custom orders, and there was nothing instock. How nice of your dh to let you get your fix :LOL .
#108 of 108 Old 03-08-2004, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

She had custom order slots available for a couple days, but they're gone now. Yeah, my DH is both a hottie and a sweetie-- that guy. (and he pays my fluff bills)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page