Mothering Forum banner

*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 2- Let's end the denial!!!!

3K views 107 replies 22 participants last post by  JohnnysGirl 
#1 ·
New addicts welcome to join....as soon as you're ready to admit you have a problem!

I've realized that even though I've been very good and haven't pursued any new diaper orders in the last 7 days (it was hard to walk away from Sugarpeas organic cotton for now), I don't feel that this is an honest test of my willpower since....

I'm waiting for:
3 elbee diapers (M, Med Long, and Large-to see what works best before my larger order in a few months) and a knotty hat/wool pants set
4 bottombumpers hand dyed hemp diapers in both M&L and FS & SS (so I can figure out if one of those is PERFECT for DS)
3 buckeye bottoms hemp quick-dry diapers
1 Freshies! wool trimwrap with tree frog applique
Kiwi Pie tester order
3 FCB size 2 diapers (2 hemp fitteds, one fleece pocket tester)
FMBG AIO & Fitted (it's at the post office, I just have to go get it)
Flicker-n-suds WOTM (march, april, may --longies every month!!!)

and, last but not least, all the LTK pattern soakers&longies my friend&mom have knitted up already and are on the way (3 soakers, 2 longies, and they're still goin strong)

I think after everything has arrived and THEN I stop for 2 weeks, with no fluff on the way, I will have conquered this problem. But I definatly am still not allowed to buy anything at present, so here I am. COME JOIN ME!

See less See more
#77 ·
I didn't make it. But after today I am done until everything comes in and we see how we like it all.

I know I have said that before. But I mean it this time. Other wise we are going to be swimming in diapers we don't like.
:

#79 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JennInSeattle
I'd be so scared too! I don't think I could do it! Dan knew I was on a diaper diet and so did my mother. Both know I spend a lot but they don't realize just how much it really is. I feel your pain!

Do me a favor.. make me a list of everything on it's way including what you have in the works..
I don't think I could even remember....

3 elbees, elbee wool pants and hat
4 bottom bumpers
3 buckeyebottoms dipes
2 sellin threads
3 longies from flicker-n-suds
2-3 kp wios
freshies wool

can't remember what else....my best friend got here yesterday and brought 2 gorgeous LTK pattern soakers, and is almost done with gorgeous longies....and I'm shopping for more wool for her right now so she can make more...in cashmere/merino and 100% cashmere yarn! So in a couple weeks we'll be swimming in longies and soakers! Her fishy appliques on the soakers we have are gorgeous too-first try! wow.

#80 ·
Ok I'm going to list what's coming hopefully as motivation to lay off spending for a while..

1 organic Buckeye Bottoms Fitted
1 Too Cute Covers knitted and appliqued Shorts
1 Cushie Tushie Soaker and hat set (that I'm pretty sure is lost in the mail and I'm about ready to give up on it and see where we go from here)
1 Cushie Tushie Tester Fitted
1 Sunburst Shop Tester Fitted
1 Becca Bottoms Tester AIO
1 Daisy Doodles Starter Pack AIO
1 Lucy's Hope Chest AIO - Easter
1 Sherpa Sellen Threads Fitted
1 Cotton Pickin Creations Romper
1 Pair of all leather embroidered Moss Feet
1 Kiwi Pie Rice Cashmere Cover
1 Tender Beginnings Fitted
1 Dew Drop Diapers Fitted
1 Freshies AIO (that I keep going back and forth on but have commited to)

I forgot two.. I also have a

Sugarpeas Size 1 Organic Cotton
some things from Darling Diapers
an FCB-lite fitted coming.
and a RB WIO
SLS Stuffer

And I *think* that's it!

Angelica - Did you see my crotch measurement? I'm exceptionally jealous of your soaker friends!

#82 ·
I AM so lucky. I'm laying on my side in the bedroom, nursing DS right now, with my laptop next to me (so awkward to type this way!), and she's with my hubby in the living room watching a movie and knitting knitting knitting on the longies in rainbow colored yarn from jessica at fabriconnection.com ! We love it. The blues she gave us for the soakers were even better--Jen made one in med, and one in large, with yarn to spare (we thought we'd only have enough for one soaker), with the cutest fishies all over the bum. I took pics, just have to upload them, and I'll add it to my wool gallery, if ya'll wanna see! And the rainbow longies when they're done.

Do you think this yarn would be way too girly for ds? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2384429317

Obvoiusly these blues wouldn't be: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEBWA:IT

But we have so much blue stuff---although it's an awesome color, so who cares.... there's some all-cashmere yarn I'm eyeing on ebay, too, but it's really hard to find the RIGHT kind of yarn for the size needles she uses on the LTK pattern....the pink hydrangea (first link above) is PERFECT for the pattern, so I think I'll deal with the pink shade in the colorway. The blues I'm not sure would work.

Anyway, I am SO lucky! I can't wait for you guys to see what my son's godmama has made!

#85 ·
Well, Jenn, she is a poor college girl with exceptional knitting abilities, so I think if I mosied into the living room and offered her a paying gig, she just may take it. And shopping around the net for yarn to use is really fun! WAIT a minute, I'm supposed to help you NOT spend, not find you new ladies to knit for you!!!

#87 ·
you'd have to buy the yarn and have it sent to her... i highly recommend Jessica's 2 ply custom dyed wool...sooooo soft. She's going to try her hand at dragonflys on the natural color soaker my mom made (BTW, no diaper peeks out!)....are you interested in dragonflies or fishies? I think Nathan needs a size small.....med is BIG for us, and u know how chubby my ds is!

#89 ·
She walked in and read the thread and she's so impressed that someone wants to pay her to knit something!

She's excited to do it, as long as I give my blessing because she doesn't want her godson to suffer for her having her knitting attention divided thus! LOL She's so sweet. I, unlike some people
don't feel like I need a dozen soakers, so I don't mind!

Anyway, she wants to give it a try, whenever she gets the yarn she needs! It is really hard to find the right yarn (light worsted weight), though, ugh, most gorgeous hand dyed yarn I find out there in cyberland isn't the right kind and it's hard to walk away from them because they won't work.

#92 ·
Jenn

What is this FCB lite you have on order? Did I miss something?

I have a Too Cute Cover in process, too! Dana is dying the yarn - variegated purple. I can't wait!

Cass from Cass's Cozies just made a soaker for me, too. It's so pretty: http://tinyurl.com/2pwqt She made it from her Stormy wool, which you can see in the "Available Wool" section in her Photo Album. I can't wait to get that one, either!

#94 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jmofarrill
Jenn

What is this FCB lite you have on order? Did I miss something?

I have a Too Cute Cover in process, too! Dana is dying the yarn - variegated purple. I can't wait!

Cass from Cass's Cozies just made a soaker for me, too. It's so pretty: http://tinyurl.com/2pwqt She made it from her Stormy wool, which you can see in the "Available Wool" section in her Photo Album. I can't wait to get that one, either!
Dana just finished my soaker shorts from Too Cute Covers: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid3600802

The FCB lite is a modified version of the FCB sherpa, it's going to be trimmer (also less absorbant) than the regular sherpa but still have the great sherpa qualities. This is a bit of a tester.

I can't wait to see your soaker and I LOVE your Cass's Cozies!

#96 ·
I have to crash this thread to find out if that ebay yarn will work for a soaker. I just looked at the other items, and those yarns are gorgeous. MIL is more than happy to knit wool shorts for DS, but I'm not sure what weight of yarn to buy, or how much.

#97 ·
Ok, here's the skinny:

For the LTK patterns (Theresa, if you're reading,c orrect me if I'm wrong), for the soaker you need light worsted weight yarn (doesn't matter how many plys, just light) that will work on size 7 needles, and for the longies you need worsted/heavy worsted weight yarn that will also work on size 7 needles. So the blues that I showed ya'll will probably work for longies, and the cashmere/merino 'pink hydrangea' colorway yarn will definatly work for longies. Jessica, at fabricconnection.com has light worsted yarn that works great for soakers (and heavy, too, for longies, but I strongly prefer her lightweight yarn).

Most of the yarn I find is for too-big size needles, or too small (lace weight).... US size 7-9 is what I look for in the description, I think.... That pink hydrangea colorway yarn is going to cost me 60 dollars, since I have to buy 2 skeins for size medium longies.

#99 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mama2kyla
OMG! JENN --- those shorts are just AWESOME!!!

why cant i find anything that cool instock to buy???
I know.. I always seem to luck out with my wool! I showed this to my mom and she said if I wasn't head over heels in love then she'd like to keep it at her house!
I reminded her that she has yet to even change a diaper and she'd like to keep a cover at her house?? She said it works as a cover and it's a pull on, right? I agreed. She said "I just put on a diaper and pull on the shorts, Yep, if you don't find yourself using them constantly then bring them over to my house where I can love on them"! I've never heard her talk like that in my life!
:

Tiffany - These days instock soakers are becoming rare.. I hear wool is a fad but man if I can't see how! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.