Mothering Forum banner

*~*Dipe-Addicts Anonymous*~* -week 2- Let's end the denial!!!!

3K views 107 replies 22 participants last post by  JohnnysGirl 
#1 ·
New addicts welcome to join....as soon as you're ready to admit you have a problem!

I've realized that even though I've been very good and haven't pursued any new diaper orders in the last 7 days (it was hard to walk away from Sugarpeas organic cotton for now), I don't feel that this is an honest test of my willpower since....

I'm waiting for:
3 elbee diapers (M, Med Long, and Large-to see what works best before my larger order in a few months) and a knotty hat/wool pants set
4 bottombumpers hand dyed hemp diapers in both M&L and FS & SS (so I can figure out if one of those is PERFECT for DS)
3 buckeye bottoms hemp quick-dry diapers
1 Freshies! wool trimwrap with tree frog applique
Kiwi Pie tester order
3 FCB size 2 diapers (2 hemp fitteds, one fleece pocket tester)
FMBG AIO & Fitted (it's at the post office, I just have to go get it)
Flicker-n-suds WOTM (march, april, may --longies every month!!!)

and, last but not least, all the LTK pattern soakers&longies my friend&mom have knitted up already and are on the way (3 soakers, 2 longies, and they're still goin strong)

I think after everything has arrived and THEN I stop for 2 weeks, with no fluff on the way, I will have conquered this problem. But I definatly am still not allowed to buy anything at present, so here I am. COME JOIN ME!

See less See more
#4 ·
I am on board for this week. I should have enough new fluff coming in to make it a day between washes. Well, Maybe.

But I have to test out some of this custom stuff and new dipes to see what really will work best for DD.

I must not spend!!!! Until I have decided.

I must tell you I am loving the Jaiden's Jubilee. I told DH it is the cadillac of dipes. And I really want to try a Snugwee in med for night time.

Help me stay strong ladies those paypal funds are making me want to buy.

But I am waiting on - 2 FCB size one and two
2 custom my precious baby by april AIO
4 puddle catchers
2 bikini cuddlebuns
1 firefly
1 LHC AIO and custom made romper

If I just remember the fluff on the way I should be able to control myself.

#6 ·
Do you mean end the denial that we are addicts or that we can resist buying? :LOL

I'm gonna order later today if I can get a soft landing stuffer slot, and perhaps another nighty newt.

This is how I budget my diaper spending: as long as I don't spend more per month than I would on sposies, all is good! I refrained from buying for quite a few months after we first started and we had those large start up costs.

#7 ·
Quote:
knotty hat/wool pants set
Oooo... is that the eBay one? I was so tempted to buy that even though it was like a year too large, lol.

I can't even remember what I am waiting for anymore. That's bad.

I just put back a hemp diaper from Sellin Threads which was very hard as I love hemp and it was cheap. But I did it. Yesterday I bought 1 thing but it was a Patchwork Pixie wool wrap so I had to.

My goal is 1 purchase a week. 1.

#12 ·
Quote:
I don't know what "ddddc'ed" means but Yes I did notice that! lol Who did it? Who do I have to thank?? ROFL!
I noticed that last night!

It means "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" and it also means someone made a small contribution to MDC in exchanged for getting to "title" you for about a week.

LOL!

#14 ·
I'm still in! I am only waiting one one order and then I will be fluffless. S'ok though. I am looking forward to feeling proud of my non-spending ways.

It's a good thing I am getting a handle on this bc I have to do my taxes and we are going to owe.

I did, however, place an order for some Ella's diapers last night for my neighbor (YAY! I scored a convert! :LOL ). But that doesn't count since it's not for me!

Lori

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JennInSeattle
I'm extremely close to buying a size 2 very soft recycled RB WIO.. anyone want to talk me out of it??
How about reorganizing your diapers instead? I LOVE putting my diapers in piles, making them neat and organized, and it will take your mind off of it!

Lori

#18 ·
Don't do it Jenn, you will find something else you really want later.

Hey, I haven't seen your stash posting. Please share just what all do you have.

I just got approval from DH to use all my ebay selling - paypal money for diaper purchases. Hmmmm, what can I find around here to sell.

But I am staying on board this week so I can test some things out. I must stay strong. I may just like the next new diaper better.
:

#23 ·
Well, you have all inspired me! I too need to stop spending so much. I don't know if I can stop cold turkey though. I just bought a soft landing stuffer. But this month I am only spending money that I have made selling diapers. Than I want to have a budget for what I can spend on diapers, like $100 per month (or less!) I spent WAY to much money last month!!

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by TOmomma
Man, this is HARD. I thought, oh, two weeks on the wagon, no problem. But two days feels like a month, and then I see something little I really NEED, and then once I'm off the wagon...

Sigh... spend spend spend...
There's so much truth in that statement!

#26 ·
Well I fell off the wagon. But we really do need diapers and I was fast for the soft landing you pick on Tuesday bear.

My goal is 2 dozen dipes and we really do need them now. Since we have 10 or so in the current rotation and some of them are very prone ot leakage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.