trouble lanolizing--has Lansinoh changed? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS has been out of diapers for over a year, so it's been awhile since I lanolized, but not THAT long and I've hit a major snag here getting ready for baby #2. I swear I'm using the exact same process--some Lansinoh and a little hot water in a jar, dissolved by shaking it, then pour it into a bucket of lukewarm water. I never had a problem.

First of all, it's not dissolving in the jar nearly as easily as I remember--it's taking FOREVER. Then, when I finally get the globs dissolved, they come back as soon as I pour it into the cooler water. So frustrating. Have they changed the Lansinoh formula or something? Pure lanolin is pure lanolin, right?

BTW, spray lanolin doesn't work for me either. I can't get it to spray in a "fine mist"--just a solid, thin stream which puts big spots on my wool. But I do have some of the Luxe spray lanolin--but since it's in liquid form, maybe I'll have better luck if I use it in a bucket of water like regular lanolin?

Any ideas on why my Lansinoh process is failing, or other suggestions welcome. TIA!
#2 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
put it in the jar, and microwave it for 30 seconds, that should melt it sufficiently. I also add a few drops of baby soap to the mixture.
#3 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM

Add some wool detergent like eucaline. It helps the lanolin dissolve.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM

I have the liquid spray lanolin and I just take the top off and pour it into the bowl of warm water. I could never make the lansinoh work for me.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page