Good wool cover for long skinny baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like a good wool cover that would fit my long, skinny nearly 5 month old. The Imse Vimse is close, but the legs holes are too small. The Stacinator has to short a rise, as does the righteous baby snap cover. With ds, I loved the Toot Sweet Baby covers, but those are no loner being made. Any ideas?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#2 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM

Take a look at the pull-on covers at GreenMountainDiapers:

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/...htm#doubleknit

I'm Kim... Coloradoan, nursing student, and devoted Momma to miracle baby Samuel (August 11, 2009)
#3 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM

I really like Kozy Wool. My 6 mo is still in a small, but we use some mediums to cover the rise of OS dipes. They have a drawstring, so they'll stay up even when they're too big.

For wrap style, we have some Sugar Peas, but the fit really depends on the dipe - it covers some of them nicely and some of them it doesn't.

And then I have mostly hand-knits that I've traded for. I always request a drawstring, since otherwise they won't stay up. I do have some Babyology's, but haven't tried them yet since the Mediums are HUGE on my skinny little guy.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 PM

the disana pull on (like on the GMD link PP posted) would be great I think. My ds is also long and somewhat skinny and the disana was great for him (now if only I hadn't felted it to preemie sized ) even if the disana seems a little big it's still bulletproof

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page