Prefold Preferred Brands - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2010, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
I'm a first timer for CDing and I am trying to slowling purchase a cloth diaper stash for my 2nd due in Sept. I am very confused as to what type/brand of prefolds to buy. I would like to know what are some of your favorite brands, as well as something that you do not recommend. I also dont know which is better, Indian or chinese?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 07:05 PM

I love the GMD (green mountain diapers) prefolds. I like them because they are sized so I don't have to fold over a bunch of cloth to get a good fit on my baby. When I sized up I got the organics and they are super! Soft, absorbant... really a nice diaper.

I have only used GMD so I can't speak to other brands. I do use a few fitteds but these are my primary diapers and I'm really happy with them.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM

I have to second that. I love the GMD's! The diapers themselves are great, and the customer service is also fantastic.

But these are also the only prefolds I've used, so I can't speak for any other kinds.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Third for Green Mountain Diapers here!! We have them in 5 different sizes (!) and they are all awesome.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ALSO A GMD fan. haven't tried any other though
they only had indian so i never had to make the choice. i did go with unbleached and i'm so happy with them i don't have any plans to get some fitted

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 AM

Another vote for GMD! I bought GMD and Bummis and I eventually gave the Bummis away

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 AM

looove my gmds, and i have tried a few different kinds over the years. the gmds are absorbant, and i like that they are cut wider and shorter. it makes them fit a little better.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM

GMDs are awesome! The more you wash them, the softer they get. They also don't hang on to stains too badly, either.

Gerber prefolds are garbage.

I'm Kim... Coloradoan, nursing student, and devoted Momma to miracle baby Samuel (August 11, 2009)
Old 04-02-2010, 11:15 PM

Well, I think GMD has already "won" but I will go on ahead anyway, lol. I never ordered from them. I have this thing about paying so much for shipping...
Anyway, diaper rite are sized similiar to GMD and they are both indian. You can get them cheaper. I got mine in size M from diaper junction when they were doing free shipping.
I still love my UBIPF in the normal infant size from cottonbabies that I got before dd was born. They really absorb more now than 4 months ago! They did have to be folded over a bit at first. She was over 9lbs. But they soon became too small to snappy. I still trifold them and they hold a ton of pee. She is almost 5 months but 23lbs. I plan to continue to use them indefinitely!!

Oh, on the indian or chinese question. I heard chinese are supposed to last longer but indian be softer. My indians are soft, but I must admit... not as luxurious as I imagined. And they show no signs of ever wearing out.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM

liney: i used infant sized prefolds trifolded from the time my first dd was 3 mos all the way until she pt'd at 4.5 . for some reason trifolding just doesn't work for dd2? not sure why. they get all bunched up and weird. we have some infant sized indian prefolds, and they are great! can't remember where they came from though. there is def more out there than the gmd's with equal quality and probably better prices if you are willing to look . i do love our gmd prefolds tho. hehehehe.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:04 PM

I really like regular 4x6x4 prefolds you can find at clothdiaper.com. They aren't for tiny newborns or large toddlers or very heavy wetters, but still they fit a very wide range of sizes, dry quickly and are easy to care for. Those are my favorites. I also like the one Econobum prefold I have. I like GMD prefolds too but it kind of depends on your baby's size and shape.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 PM

Hahaha, another vote for GMD... I also have some clearance diapers that I picked up cheap, and don't like the proportion of them. The GMD are not so long that you have to fold them up in the back, and I love that.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM

For us we prefer Diaper Rite prefolds
Lynda

User Tag List