Swim Diapers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone use cloth swim diapers?

I love nickisdiapers.com and so I checked out their swim diaper site http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=1

But know nothing about these brands.

My baby is very long and skinny, we use prefolds and Thirsties fitted and Thirsties covers, which fit her very well...

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#2 of 14 Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 PM

My sister uses the swimmi diaper by bummis for my niece and loves it!

Doula & Nanny,  Momma to Hope, my angel baby 6/17/08, and Momma to be- to a little boy, EDD 3.13.13

#3 of 14 Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

I was looking at that, but worried because I use fitteds and covers with velcro like that, and my daughter thinks it is the height of fun to tear them off.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#4 of 14 Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 PM

I use the Motherease Swim diapers, and they seem to work alright. They don't hold pee in (I've been peed on en-route to the pool), but we've never been the cause of a pool evacuation

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#5 of 14 Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 AM

I had a size medium Diaperaps swim diaper for DD1 that lasted three summers! (8 months, 1 1/2 years, 2 1/2 years)

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#6 of 14 Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
I had a size medium Diaperaps swim diaper for DD1 that lasted three summers! (8 months, 1 1/2 years, 2 1/2 years)
Really? I was looking at those (mostly because the watermelon pattern is SO CUTE, haha)... what is their sizing like? I've got a super tall super skinny baby.

#7 of 14 Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM

We use Imse Vimse swim diaper. DS is skinny, and they work well on him. And they have snaps, not velcro that he can rip off.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
#8 of 14 Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 AM

I was just re-looking at the Diaperaps swim diapers and it looks like they've changed their sizing, or at least their names for the sizes. My kid was somewhat tall and skinny but not extremely so.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#9 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 AM

This type you want is easy searching in internet

#10 of 14 Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 PM

we use the Imse Vimse. snaps on one side, so it can't be taken off. DD wore her size small last year and can wear it again this year even though she's now 7 lbs over the recommended weight because she's long and thin (though if I were buying a new one for her I would get the next size up, she could fit a medium too, it would just be a little more bloomer like). 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#11 of 14 Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM

a lot of things can be found on the internet, but forum questions are great for getting real life replys and being able to have dialog about certain questions. if someone was asking what is the capital of Argentina, then yes, google would be the best place to find an answer. Parenting advice is great coming from actual real life parents who can respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Sarawut View Post

This type you want is easy searching in internet

#12 of 14 Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I like Bright Bots. They have elasticated legs and waist (plus a drawstring for tightening the waist) so no velcro or poppers to be undone.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#13 of 14 Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

I was looking at that, but worried because I use fitteds and covers with velcro like that, and my daughter thinks it is the height of fun to tear them off.

We usually use swim diapers underneath their swimsuits so they can't get at the velcro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post

I use the Motherease Swim diapers, and they seem to work alright. They don't hold pee in (I've been peed on en-route to the pool), but we've never been the cause of a pool evacuation

There aren't any swim diapers that will hold pee in.  Not even disposables.  They're only meant to hold in poo.

We use an old BumGenius pocket diaper without the insert. We actually got it on Freecycle and it has lasted through both girls now.  I think that a thirsties cover, if it fit snugly, would do the trick just fine.  (just in case you're looking for a cheap alternative!)

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#14 of 14 Old 06-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We also use a BumGenius pocket diaper (no insert, no cover). We use BGs anyway as our primary diaper, so for swimming we just remove the insert. When I was researching this I was told it was an "official" swim diaper option.

As others have said, pee would still drip through the diaper, but it would hold poop inside.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page