Apt won't let me wash CD - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One more thing

I wash CD in my home washing machine, I dry them in my home dryer.

I also use my home washing machine to launder the ENTIRE houses laundry needs.

There is absolutely NOTHING nasty, grouse, disgusting, etc about laundering your clothes in the same machine that you launder your CD. When a washing machine is used, it pretty much cleans itself during they washing cycle anyhow.

That is like saying, OMG, I cannot wash my basket of laundry in my own machine after I have used it to wash the sheets my daughter had an accident on over night, or the sheets that my DP and I made an intimate "mess" on.
That is just absurd!

I doubt any one of the posters on here could say that they do not launder their bed sheets/towels/household items in the same washer they launder their clothes in!!!!

PS: I hope no one is using bleach on their CD, not good for the diapers or baby's bottom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 PM

Will using vinegar on a regular basis with diapers cause any premature breakdown of the fibers?
#33 of 35 Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
PS: I hope no one is using bleach on their CD, not good for the diapers or baby's bottom.
Not always true we went through endless rashes with our frist DD when fiially after exhausting every cocievable other method started using bleach with each wash and not only did it completly cure our DD rash (and kept it away as long as we used the bleach) but its RESTORED many of her diaper swe had leaky pockets and covers that we figured wee just ready to retire but the bleach fixed them no more leaks..
With this baby I started using powdered tide with bleach right from day one and its been great no rashes leaks stains or wear on the diapers. I don't fo fancy washes eaither jsut one hot wash with a single extra rinse... I alos use full scoops of detergent...
I'm bad like that...

Deanna

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
#34 of 35 Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
Will using vinegar on a regular basis with diapers cause any premature breakdown of the fibers?
I don't have any un-vinegared diapers to compare to, but I use vinegar in nearly every load of diapers and most of my diapers are on their second or third child.
#35 of 35 Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM

I really don't understand why people would be grossed out by using the same machine as cd? They are clean when they are done and so is the washer. I use my washer for regular clothes too, even things like washcloths that are used on faces!
Weird.
OP I hope there are not any more problems for you. People should be grateful that you are not throwing 1000's of disposables in landfills.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page