Esty/Handmade diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't think to even check for diapers on Esty until a few days ago. The prices are A LOT lower for AIOs and covers, and we're kinda poor students right now so that seems really appealing. Do any of you have diaper stashes that are only made up of handmade diapers? Should I be concerned about quality?
#2 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 01:03 AM

Make sure you read their feedback really well, if they don't have much feedback, don't buy.

I personally make my own fitted diapers(and just recently PUL covers) because I'm too cheap to have someone make them for me. LOL
#3 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM

I've only bought Esty diapers once, and while the diapers were too cute to believe, they leaked everytime--the moisture wicked from the inside to the outer cover. It was so disappointing. I occasionally use the diapers as fitteds now. Besides the leaking thing--which probably has to do with the waterproof layer sandwiched inbetween fabrics rather than outside--the diapers are very well made. The seller had great feedback. I did contact her to let her know that ALL of her diapers consistently leaked, and didn't get much of a response.
#4 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses!

There are a few sellers that have hundreds of positive reviews, so I'll stick to them. Of course I'll also look through the WAHMarket.

My biggest concern is that if the diapers don't work for me, I won't be able to return them. A lot of other places take well washed, gentley used diapers back for less cash return. I don't know how hard it would be to sell off a handmade stash as opposed to a stash of well known brands.

Are there any small sellers that any of you have absolutely loved?
#5 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 PM

I've never bought etsy diapers, however my first CDing experienc I spent over 60$ on 6 diaper's on ebay that ended up leaking anyway!! SO I did more research and started making my own and I will never buy CDers again just the fabric to purchase them. Good luck!!
#6 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoLele View Post
Thanks for the responses!

There are a few sellers that have hundreds of positive reviews, so I'll stick to them. Of course I'll also look through the WAHMarket.

My biggest concern is that if the diapers don't work for me, I won't be able to return them. A lot of other places take well washed, gentley used diapers back for less cash return. I don't know how hard it would be to sell off a handmade stash as opposed to a stash of well known brands.

Are there any small sellers that any of you have absolutely loved?
Ella Bella Bum I've never bought a diaper from her but have heard ton's of wonderful thing's! Google her!
#7 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM

I would agree - I don't really get into the whole diapers-must-be-cute thing, but Ella Bella Bum's stuff practically converts even me. I've only heard good things!

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page