Pockets with a higher rise than BG? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2010, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About half of my stash is bumgenius. I really don't see the rise being enough much longer for DS so I'm looking for something new. I'm starting to switch over from medium FB to petite toddler for the same reason, but I like a little diversity in my diaper stash. I also have a couple of Rumparooz, but they seem to have a shorter rise as well.

Any suggestions for things to try? One sized dipes are not a must since he is already on the largest setting, sized dipes are just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 PM

our kawaii diapers are cheap, good quality, and have a higher rise than bg. also green acre designs makes a med/long or their regular large fits out girl pretty well (seems better for chubby thighs).

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
our kawaii diapers are cheap, good quality, and have a higher rise than bg. also green acre designs makes a med/long or their regular large fits out girl pretty well (seems better for chubby thighs).
I have tried GADs but they are side snapping which did not work for DS. He is not a chubby guy, more long and lean. I've heard of kawaii. Where did you buy them?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 AM

I think the Fuzzi Bunz have a higher rise? The BGs never worked on my kids but the FB do.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 05-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Maybe try the Flip dipes? They have a higher rise than the BGs.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Old 05-10-2010, 05:10 PM

I had the same problem, poor DS has been sporting his "plumber's butt" for a while now. Now I haven't used them for very long, but I recently ordered an Antsy Pants diaper just to try and I really like them so far, so I ordered a few more. They're designed to work well with potty-training, because they're designed so that you can either snap them on like a diaper or pull them up and down like underwear. We're not anywhere near potty-learning yet, but I thought it might be helpful down the road. Also, you can use them "as-is" or there's a pocket for putting in more absorbency - I found that the lighter BG inserts folded in half fit perfectly in them.

Like I said, I'm still very new at these so it's not the most water-tight endorsement, but something to look into perhaps. Our "sample" did contain the largest poop I have ever seen DS produce, so that kind of sold me... LOL

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM

The Knickernappies OS has a high rise - much higher than their sized version. The OS has a higher rise than my FB OS or HH OS (on the largest settings).

HTH

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Happy Heiney's OS has the highest rise I've found so far. My son outgrew all his diapers in the rise except the HH and FB petite.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_mama View Post
The Knickernappies OS has a high rise - much higher than their sized version. The OS has a higher rise than my FB OS or HH OS (on the largest settings).

HTH
Ack! The knickernappies are side snap. DS peed right out the side when I have tried side snap before (GADs)
Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 AM

I would actually second the Knickernappies OS. It seems odd that he would have peed out the side of the diaper. Perhaps he was pointed sideways? We've been using and LOVING the KND's for quite a while now and can't find a single thing I don't like about them. Happy Heinys also do have a taller rise.

Sultana

Proud Mama to Kiri (5/5/05) and Mikah (9/12/07). Owner Simple Wonders Diapers - providing personalized service to help you choose the perfect diapering system for your family. Check out our WAHMarket coupon!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM

http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/8-36lbsHeavyDuty621.htm

my dd can wear these on the medium setting, while with all else she needs the full setting. also, our fb have a good length rise- and you can find petite fb, which have a super long rise, clearanced in some places right now. there are some on the fb seconds site i think.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Knickernappies and Happy Heiny's have the highest rise I have found. They are seriously impressive. Knickernappies 'looks' like a side snap but until your kid is pretty impressively chunky (like well over 30 lbs) they work more like a front snap because they are so large.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:37 AM

There's a blog post here that sort of shows the BG compared to the KN http://knickernappies.blogspot.com/s.../KN%20vs.%20BG and also a cloth diapering mama recently made a video review of the knickernappies that you can see on her blog http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/knicke...e-size-review/

I love KN's. BG's were also a favorite but my little ones were on the largest BG setting already at 9 months old.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

I have a couple of Kawaii on the way to me now. I'll look for a knickernappies and a HH to try. Thanks for the suggestions!!

I really don't know what was up with the GAD side snap, but when I tried it he leaked out of the side every time he peed. He wasn't pointed sideways, the pee came out of both sides!

User Tag List