Why do people LOVE bg? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
I posted awhile ago saying they were just ok. I've changed my stance, they are wonderful! My son has suddenly become a nightmare to change and these go on fast and are really absorbent (like I thought before.) I used to hate velcro, but seriously, it makes changes SO much easier. They are great pocket diapers. Easy to find at stores, good quality, etc. I'm going to try a fuzzibunz, but really, I don't think I'll like it nearly as much as a BG.
If your baby goes through the "Hey, look how easy it is to take my diaper off!" phase later in the toddler stage, you might wish those BGs had snaps.

I'm joking, of course. But that is the one drawback of velcro vs. snaps: they are much easier for babes to take off. It's funny the first few times, then, not so much. But not all babes go through that stage, so you never know.
#32 of 35 Old 05-31-2010, 04:15 PM

We used prefolds pretty exclusively for our DS (who's now 6) and BG pretty exclusively for our DD, who's now 22 mo. The BG has fit our DD well since she was a newborn, with no leaking issues. I continue to prefer them for her because they keep her drier longer and they're easier to wash the poops out. I use the flushable liners inside, and most of the time I can flush the liner with poop, and just put the diaper in the pail to wash. Once in a while when it's a messy poop, it will sometimes get on the diaper itself, but I can wipe it off the daiper fairly easy. With the prefolds, I find the poop gets stuck in the crease of the prefolds, and I've got to get on the gloves and rinse them in the toilet before putting it in the pail. I did this so much for my DS, that the less toilet washing the better for me!
#33 of 35 Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 PM

I like my BG and really prefer pocket diapers. I've tried prefolds with the Snappis and Bummis covers and they just don't do it for me. Pockets are just easy to use and easy to wash.

I have mostly BG with some Fuzzie Bunz, Swaddlebees, and Mommy's Touch thrown in. Honestly, they're all good diapers (although I have odor issues with the Swaddlebees and wouldn't really recommend them). I had some repelling issues with my BG a few months ago, but that was before I realized I shouldn't be washing them with my cloth wipes, because my wipe solution had oil in it. I really like the velcro tabs on the BG because DS is super squirmy during diaper changes and snaps take forever with him, but I can see how it would be a problem if the velcro wears out in the future. We have had some small pee leaks with the BG (usually out of the waist when he's lying down), but they do a great job containing the big poopies, and, honestly, when we were on vacation and using sposies they leaked WAY more than my BG ever have.

I think the key is just to try a bunch of different diapers until you find what works for you. My cousin loves pre-folds, my good friend loves Kissaluvs with the Bummis wraps, I love pockets. I think finding what works for you is important.
#34 of 35 Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM

They are easy to use. Nothing confusing about that.

Many of us have to straddle the gap between loving cloth ourselves and daddies/daycare providers hating it. BG is one brand that is truly idiot proof. Goes on just like the Pampers or whatever that people are used to.

As far as being mainstream... yes, in the world of cloth. Still pretty fringe all things considered. Target.com does carry them, but they also carry Fuzzi Bunz and I don't see people knocking them.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#35 of 35 Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
We love our BG diapers more than any other we've tried. We use the sized AIOs and have no complaints...literally. They fit well, super easy to use, wash up nicely, and when I turn them inside out to dry...they don't take any longer to dry than inserts for pocket diapers. I bought my entire stash using the BOGO coupons in Mothering magazine so I only paid $8/diaper for my entire stash....that's a deal too good to refuse. I've also had really great customer service from Cotton Babies. I know that aplix isn't as good long term as snaps, but I figure for $1/diaper I can get new tabs and elastic....that's worth it to me for the ease of aplix and the custom fit.
This. I just got into CDing recently and I got 4 "free" using the coupons and so far I really like them. She hasn't leaked at all, they are super easy to use. I have a few sized AIO's and 1 organic AIO OS (which I really don't like, the liner bunches up.) I also have a few FB (one size and perfect fit) and I like those too, very easy to use and they dry fast. I will say my BG take awhile to dry, all night and they are still damp in the am.

Some of the comments..."mainstream" "cheap",etc LOL :P but I know many people are very particular about CDing, so maybe it comes out that way but instead you're just enthusiastic about what works (or doesn't work) for you.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page