Mothering Forum banner

Motherease w/ other brand covers?

792 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Koalamom 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone who used motherease w/ other brand covers (not motherease) could let me know what kind they were using.

I had previous CD with prowraps and prefolds and loved the 2 motherease diapers I had but due to cost we used prefolds. Now that cost is not a issue I would like to go with the majority of motherease but I remember that I didnt care for their covers (leaking,quality,material) but I dont remember what covers fitted over them. I have since gotten rid of all my diapers when we thought we were *done*, now im having to rebuild a whole new stash.

#2 ·
i have used mother ease for 2 1/2 years and will be using the same ones for my baby who will be here any day now. I am surprised that you do not like the covers, besides the way they "look" i find they work real well. I like the "air flow" system being that body temp goes up with a diaper cover on. I have never had a leak or a blow out. I do not really like their "prowraps" tho, i only like the "air flow." I have tried Thirsties covers over them as well as home made felted sweater woolies and they both work great, still no leaks. I did try a mother ease all in one and am not so impressed with it, nor am i impressed with bamboo, it is real soft, but it seems to fall apart so much easier than cotton. I wish an AIO would be as practical as the one size mother ease system because only dealing with one piece would be wonderful, but i find they just do not perform or clean and dry as well. I really think any cover would work over a mother ease diaper. You know what is really great is i got these diapers second hand at a church yard sale. I bought 30 and 4 covers for only $8.00! They were a bit dingy, but not soiled looking at all. I took them home and sunned them, using advise i read on the mother ease website where they have a forum. They looked as good as new! i have since dyed them, they looked great, did not run, but because i sun them to sanitize, and during the winter had to put a cap full of bleach maybe once a month to keep the odor in check, they only faintly look blue and orange now. There still is no soiled look or smell to them, and i can confidently put them on a new born as well as a 2 1/2 yr old. That is so awesome, i think their OS are great and so is their customer support!

#3 ·
oh I know I loved our 2 motherease diapers we had. Literally used them thru potty training our last I regret having sold them at least it would have been 2 less to buy

I do remember them being a littly bulkier but thats kinda what I liked about them so I'll look into thristies covers. Really love the new *colors* they now have.

#5 ·
I use Bummis covers over ME one-size (which I love - different strokes I guess - I've had our bamboo one-size since DD was in diapers and it still looks great).

We can't use the Sandy's or Airflows because they're too tight on DS's legs and cause rashes, but the OS and Bummis are working great.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luv-my-boys View Post
oh I know I loved our 2 motherease diapers we had. Literally used them thru potty training our last I regret having sold them at least it would have been 2 less to buy

I do remember them being a littly bulkier but thats kinda what I liked about them so I'll look into thristies covers. Really love the new *colors* they now have.
I really love my motherease covers, so take what I say with a grain of salt. If you want a wrap for a closer, trimmer fit (instead of the balloon butt that you get with the pull-on type covers), and used the airflow covers in the past, you might want to give the rikki covers a try. They fit nicely over the ME one-size diapers, in addition to being good with prefolds.

#8 ·
Our Mother-Ease one-size are on the second baby now; I liked them best with the Mother-Ease Air-Flow covers, but we liked using them with Bummis Whisper Pants, both the regular and the cotton, and I occasionally use them with Bummis Super-Brites. We also use them with wool soakers and longies. The trimmest fit is the nylon Whisper Pant though.

#10 ·
I don't like the air flow covers. Bought a ton of them and they are collecting dust. I love the Imse Vimse covers with MEOS. I just find that the air flow covers are like balloons. They do work well if I am doubling up for naps and I need a really roomy cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.