Seventh Generation Training Pants - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

My son is 2 and his daycare is requesting that he has training pants for use. I tried using the Seventh Generation training pants today and it created a huge mess. Unlike diapers, these dont open on the sides. They only pull up and on. Well DS went potty in them this morning and there was not way of getting them off without pulling them down and, well, potty got dragged all the way down his legs.

Am I missing something?? Shouldnt they open on the sides? Maybe there is a reason they dont, but I cant seem to understand how to use them without the potential for stuff getting all over him. I dont want to use huggies/pampers do the chemicals in them. His skin does not take well to those types of products.

Any advice for a first time potty training mom would be great. Thanks. :-)
#2 of 3 Old 05-31-2010, 05:14 PM

They're disposable, right? If they are messy, just tear the sides to take them off. They pull on and off so the baby can learn to operate his own pants, not to make a big mess. If you don't need to pull them back up (like if they're dirty) go ahead and rip them.

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#3 of 3 Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

Ha, okay flagged the spam post. Moving on...

OP-- ugh, I remember being in a similar boat when DD got sick and went in her panties. Messy!

Tear em' off! They tear very easily along the seams on the sides (we used them as DD was potty learning about a year ago, and we weren't going through enough diapers to justify washing them, it would be like three diapers in a wash, or washing every two weeks, ew). I remember being annoyed I had to take off DD's pants and shoes to change her, to get a new one on, which was more annoying than a diaper, but it was a short transition. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page