FB's - leaking problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I have a newborn (2 weeks old) and we've started using our Fuzzy Bunz one size diapers. They seem to fit quite well but I find we are getting pee leaks at the legs. I have the elastics as tight as they are recommended to be and I feel they are well and tight. I wouldn't want to tighten them any more. I think the leaks are happening right above the elastic and below the snaps.
any ideas on how to solve this? The bulk of our diapers are FB's and I really want to enjoy them, not be frustrated with them.
thanks!

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

#2 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Are they brand new? Could they have build up that could be causing repelling? Is the soaker wet or just damp when you change it? These will help me answer your question.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 6 Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 AM

We use exclusively FuzziBunz OS and had the same problem for the first few weeks - lots of damp onesies at the legs. For us, it seemed to be that he just needed to grow and chunk up his thighs a bit. I also realized that he tended to wet fairly heavily while on his side (nursing) so we had to move up to the larger stuffers much quicker than I thought. Once we made that change, things improved greatly.

Now we seldom get leaks unless he's been laying on his side too long between changes (3+ hours or 2 nursing sessions).

I've seen several sites/people report that OS dipes tend to be leakier on babes less than 10 pounds (in case you 2 week old was smaller than mine).

WOHM: Married 2002. partners.gif Dog parents 2005. dog2.gif DS arrived 3/3/10. Newbie expected late June 2013. slingboy.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#4 of 6 Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

the diapers are brand new. the soakers seem to be absorbing the pee. It seems as tough the material puckers between the snaps and elastic and that's where the leaking is happening. It may simply be an issue of ds needing to grow into them, as kanga1622 suggests. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to deal with this puckering, but I haven't found a solution yet. hmmm...larger stuffers...I only have the stuffers that came with the diapers. using the small sized ones right now. I don't think the large ones are any thicker.

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

#5 of 6 Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned

I would give it some time to see if it's just a fit issue. DD didn't fit in her BG OS until closer to 2mo, and she was a skinny baby all the time, never was chunky. In fact, that's one reason I'm looking into the FB OS this time around, b/c being able to tighten up and replace the elastic sounds very useful!
#6 of 6 Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 AM

I have only used the sized fb but fit is really important. Also, I actually prefer a little cotton prefold to the microfibre stuffer provided. it absorbs a bit faster. Make sure the fleece is all inside the pul and that no singlets or onesies are peeking into the diaper. Otherwise, as the pp said, maybe just time and a little growth will take care of it?

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page