Inserts for Kanga's and Flips etc... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So just wondering, can I use prefolds as inserts for either the baby kanga AOI or the Flips? I'm new to pocket diaper systems and would like to make sure I have everything I need on my list.

Also...while I'm asking, does anyone have any experience with Sugar Peas snap in's? I would like to buy their system of wool cover and snap in fitted...but want to hear about them first

Also, which is better, kissaluvs V2 or sugar peas hemp fitteds?

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#2 of 3 Old 06-03-2010, 11:36 AM

I haven't used the v2, but I have used sugarpeas snapins many many years ago (assuming it is the same design?).. The thing I didn't like about the wool in ones is that if the poo gets off the snap in, then you have to handwash the wool, and I never mastered this skill.. wool can bleed its color, plus it also takes a long time to dry. If you have a lot of them, that probably wouldn't bother you so much, but I would get a few of this and a few of that, and so I was always waiting on one part or another.. I thought the mediums fit my kids well, but the large sizes had a huge rise on my kids and never fit them well (but if you have tall toddlers it might be a perfect fit).

Yes, you can use prefolds in pocket diapers. I did it all the time. Sometimes you need a smaller size prefold to fit properly in the pocket of a larger pocket diaper. (So infant size prefold folded in a large pocket for example).
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2010, 05:55 PM

Prefolds work great in Kangas and Flips. Of course, in the Flip it's just a tri-folded lay-in, but that means you get more uses from the same cover.

I don't know anything about the snap-ins, sorry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page