Night sposie that holds everything - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2010, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We part-time EC and CD during the day using Grobaby and Fuzzibuns. At night, my wee wetter leaks in both types. Plus, he doesn't like to be wet, invariably waking up multiple times for diaper changes. So I've been putting him in disposables at night. Anyway, I've bought Pampers and they hold urine really well. Unfortunately, anytime little Bub poops, it shoots out the back of the diaper. He is a sturdy lad, weighing 14.5 lbs. at 7 weeks. He has a tiny heiny and doesn't have any chubbiness except in his thighs.

Any recommendations for night sposies that can contain both poop and pee?

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
IME, disposable diapers are no good at holding newborn poo I just went ahead ad found an excellent nighttime cloth routine... my little guy is big like yours and a heavy wetter, but it's been working for us so far.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 AM

For my last 2 babes I had to do a cloth inside a disposable. I just bought the next size up disposable so it would fit the cloth then I put a cover over both. It was the ONLY way I could keep them from leaking!

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 AM

If you are interested in finding a night time diapering solution for your heavy wetter, I would highly suggest Lollidoo overnights stuffed with a super-do insert. That combo is amazing. You could also try a super-do insert inside one of your fuzzi bunz and even put a diaper cover over that. I've done all of the above very succesfully with my super heavy wetter at night and never had a leak.

Sultana

Proud Mama to Kiri (5/5/05) and Mikah (9/12/07). Owner Simple Wonders Diapers - providing personalized service to help you choose the perfect diapering system for your family. Check out our WAHMarket coupon!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:02 AM

We use a Fuzzi Bunz with the microfiber insert and add a doubler or prefold in it also. Nothing gets out!

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM

When we used sposies DD was EBF, and had shooting poo.

They weren't perfect by a long shot, but huggies tightened as much as possible in the waist were better than pampers for poo containment.

For cloth, what about using a disposable diaper doubler inside of a CD?? Or a newborn sposie w/the tabs cut off inside of a nice snug fuzzi bunz. That way he gets the stay dry feel of a sposie with the containment of cloth.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM

mischievous.gif

Old 06-17-2010, 03:21 PM

I would recommend trying a Dancing Bear fleece cover for night. I have NEVER had a leak with these! I actually have 4 but only because I had to buy 2 more in the larger size because our DD is growing but we could easily get by with just 2. I don't wash every night, but let them air out and reuse. You could stay with your disposable or try a cloth diaper but either one would work. They have a bit of fabric that goes down the thigh so there are no leaks - at all!

Now: Mama of 2! Worker Bee happily married to my DH, motorcycle riding mama to H 8/99 and K 8/09.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM

For liquidy poo we had the most luck with huggies overnights, since they have elastic in the back they held in more poo than pampers.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:17 AM

We use Huggies Naturals overnight, but she doesn't poop overnight.

Mama to three

Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_of_1 View Post
I would recommend trying a Dancing Bear fleece cover for night. I have NEVER had a leak with these! I actually have 4 but only because I had to buy 2 more in the larger size because our DD is growing but we could easily get by with just 2. I don't wash every night, but let them air out and reuse. You could stay with your disposable or try a cloth diaper but either one would work. They have a bit of fabric that goes down the thigh so there are no leaks - at all!
Agreed - that cover is magical. It almost doesn't matter what you use inside, it's so bulletproof. But a fitted with some elastic at the waist - we like the GMD one size fitteds - would solve your shooting poo issue.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 AM

my little one did the same thing with poo...huggies work the absolute best. the elastic in the back is the best for holding it in.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:03 AM

huh... interesting - I had the worst luck with huggies. Weird. I even had pee leaks with the Huggies dipes.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

User Tag List