Getting a rash from the CD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We went on vacation last month and were using Huggies the entire time. We didn't have any problems or rashes, except horrible leaking! ughh, and it took a few days once we were back to get back into the CD routine. We had been using regular Tide on everything, including the CD, since DS was born. Within the past month, he had started having some bad eczema breakouts on his face and shoulders. So, we changed out detergent and have been using Charlie's Soap for all of our laundry for the past 2 weeks. I always do an extra rinse with the diapers too, even though I only use half of the recommended amount of detergent. This past week, DS has been getting a prickly rash on the sides of his buttcheeks. We only use bumGenius 3.0s and Nubunz. It isn't where the elastic is or even where the liner is inside the pocket. It's only on the sides of his cheeks basically where the only thing touching him is the inside of the diaper. Any experience with this or any recommendations? I change him very frequently so he's never sitting in a soaked diaper. We never had an issue with this before now either.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Many persistent rashes are yeast. It is red, bumpy, and peels occasionally. Does this describe it?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#3 of 3 Old 07-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also with Charlies you should use the full scoop. It may be yeast or just from bacteria in the diapers from not using enough detergent. I would put them through with the level scoop of Charlies and a T of bleach and then do some hot rinses with no soap. I have also found a soak for 30 min with the charlies is helpful.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page