Teeny, tiny newborns! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't wait to diaper a teeny, tiny newborn again! I'm past the halfway mark in this pregnancy and am so eager to be at the point of holding the new little one and trying out different sorts of NB diapers and clothes and... you know, all that stuff!

I'm pretty old-school as far as diapering goes, having started CDing 6 years ago and sticking with a lot of those brands and WAHMs over the years. But, I'd LOVE to know what your current (even old-school) favorites are for little, bitty babes. From PFs to hyena dipes, what would YOU want for a newborn? The itty bittier the better.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm holding an itty bitty right now and thus far what I'm loving is Bummis Super Brite NB covers, Rumparooz Lil' Joeys, Very Baby XS AIOs and Thirsties Duo covers size 1. I also have, from DS1, Lovey Bums fitteds and wool wraps which I love

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 AM

I used regular Thirsties covers (snapped to the small size) and 3-ply gerber organic prefolds. Worked great from 3-12 weeks, and my babe was born 6lbs 11oz.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I do VB XS AIOs - must see if I can hit up my friend to make some more. So glad to hear the Bummis Super Brite and Thirsties Size 1 are working well, too. I don't know gender so haven't picked any Bummis SB yet, but do have some Thirsties on my list. I love the Size 2s with my toddler still, and am thinking of even trying PFs some of the time with this one.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
For the teeny tiny stage we use Kissaluvs fitteds and Swaddlebees fitteds. I don't think my toddler will let me sell them off when new baby outgrows them because she likes playing with them so much.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 AM

If you want really teeny tiny I recommend Mommy's touch newborn/preemie. They are an All In Two design and you can use the outer as a cover too. They get super small!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Well, it looks like I've been out of the loop longer than you since my "baby" turns 6 in less than a month. With him I used a lot of kissaluvs fitteds in the beginning. I think my favorite diaper back then was my fluffy mail AIO. I think that's what it was called. I've been researching diapers too since all of mine are considered "old school" too.

I was noticing your kids bdays in your sig. Check out mine. LOL. I have a 3/02, 8/04, and have a due date of 11/19.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM

I made my own NB fitteds with bamboo velour. So soft. And I mostly used prowraps covers, and a few bummis. But my 6lb 11oz baby didn't stay little for very long. At 6 months she was topping 20 lbs. But still you gotta have something for those first few weeks.

Amanda, mama to Owen (11/05) and Connor (10/07) and Aria (12/09) Recycled Wool Longies and Reusable Baggies
Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Have you considered pockets? I bought some FuzziBunz OS that get pretty darn small and sooo cute! I've found them to be super easy to use, and they aren't too bulky, which I love because I can't stand to see babies who look like they can't close their legs if they wanted to because of a wide bulky diaper, lol!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2girlz View Post
Well, it looks like I've been out of the loop longer than you since my "baby" turns 6 in less than a month. With him I used a lot of kissaluvs fitteds in the beginning. I think my favorite diaper back then was my fluffy mail AIO. I think that's what it was called. I've been researching diapers too since all of mine are considered "old school" too.

I was noticing your kids bdays in your sig. Check out mine. LOL. I have a 3/02, 8/04, and have a due date of 11/19.
How funny is that! Were we in DDCs together? Your name looks familiar, too - but the baby is eating my brain.

Yes, Fluffymail are wonderful. I'd love to find some of those for new baby! They were still selling on etsy (at least) in the last couple of years, but I haven't seen anything up recently. I pulled up some pictures of my 5yo in his Fussybutt fitteds the other day. Le sigh. Such gorgeous diapers! Thankfully, she's a local friend and I *might* be able to twist her arm for more!

I'm glad to know FB OS are working well for little ones! I have one for my 2yo and really like it, so I've put some on my Amazon registry. LOVE the new colors - chocolate brown and dark purple! And since I call them both GN, it's perfect.

I'll be investigating all of these other ideas. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
How funny is that! Were we in DDCs together? Your name looks familiar, too - but the baby is eating my brain.

Yes, Fluffymail are wonderful. I'd love to find some of those for new baby! They were still selling on etsy (at least) in the last couple of years, but I haven't seen anything up recently. I pulled up some pictures of my 5yo in his Fussybutt fitteds the other day. Le sigh. Such gorgeous diapers! Thankfully, she's a local friend and I *might* be able to twist her arm for more!

I'm glad to know FB OS are working well for little ones! I have one for my 2yo and really like it, so I've put some on my Amazon registry. LOVE the new colors - chocolate brown and dark purple! And since I call them both GN, it's perfect.

I'll be investigating all of these other ideas. Thanks!
Ummm.... My first name is Heather too. We might have been DDC together. Probably not for my 3/02 baby though since I didn't find this place till 12/02, I think. I know we are for our current babies though I'm just not too active there yet.

As for diapering, yesterday I went to a local store, www.peapods.com, and was playing with all the diapers she carries. It was so fun! She had BumGenius 3.0 marked down to $12.xx to get ready for the 4.0 so I bought one, but now I see they have issues with the aplix. One-size pocket diapers must be the new thing? Overwhelming!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 AM

Ooooh - my absolute favorite for the teeny tiny phase are the rumparooz Lil Joeys! They are small, fit wonderfully, have a snap down for umbilical cord care and are so freakin' cute!! Congrats and have a great time diapering that little one

Sultana

Proud Mama to Kiri (5/5/05) and Mikah (9/12/07). Owner Simple Wonders Diapers - providing personalized service to help you choose the perfect diapering system for your family. Check out our WAHMarket coupon!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

I just looked at the Lil Joeys for the first time. I didn't realize they were AIOs. How cool! I think of JoeyBunz when I see the name so I was totally off. I will definitely be looking to try them out!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM

For a newborn, I LOVE just plain ol pre folds and covers. When they get a little bigger I can't resist the cute prints of the fitteds!

User Tag List