What's changed in the past 4 years? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never thought I would be back to this forum, but here I am. DD3 is set to arrive mid November and I've been out of the loop since my youngest got out of diapers nearly 4 years ago. Back then I was using fuzzi bunz, SOS, very baby, fluffy mail, bikini cut cuddlebuns, fireflies, and diapers like that. Two of my kids are allergic to wool so I won't be able to dive into that world. What's new in the CD world? What do I need to know now? What are the latest and greatest fitteds and AIOs out there?

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#2 of 5 Old 07-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Way too much to choose from!

FBs have been redesigned - I kind of miss the old (2006) version. But they're still good. But made in China.

Thirsties makes a mean pocket diaper - the Duo.

And while I stayed away from it for a while, I'm sold on the BumGenius Flip system. Nice and trim, dries fast, and the covers are work.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#3 of 5 Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Actually, not all FBs are made in China. Many of them are made here in the US. The *inserts* are made in China, but it seems like a lot of inserts are, even Bum Genius. If you were going to order some FB, I would call and specifically ask for the ones made in the US. I use FB and I absolutely love them! Their inserts have been made thicker and wider so they're even more absorbent and fit. I don't even have to use a doubler with them overnight, and my DD pees a LOT, lol!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM

I think the biggest change is that one-size pocket diapers are now everywhere. It used to be only Wonderoos, but now there are probably twenty different brands, which either have snap-down rises or adjustable elastic.

Another change is that prefolds have changed sizes so that several brands are now wider and shorter than the old standard sizes, to fit better.

My favorite change is that Swaddlebees now makes a snap wrap, which is the BEST COVER EVER in my opinion. It's currently the only cover I use.

I still think MEOS (which now come in pretty colors, or you can get the unbleached kind in 100% organic cotton, or a bamboo blend...better choices all around!) are the best fitteds, and I don't really use AIO's so I can't comment there, although I have heard good things about the BumGenius one-size organics.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#5 of 5 Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayasMama88 View Post
Actually, not all FBs are made in China. Many of them are made here in the US. The *inserts* are made in China, but it seems like a lot of inserts are, even Bum Genius. If you were going to order some FB, I would call and specifically ask for the ones made in the US. I use FB and I absolutely love them! Their inserts have been made thicker and wider so they're even more absorbent and fit. I don't even have to use a doubler with them overnight, and my DD pees a LOT, lol!
That is good to know. I kept seeing MIC on the tags and it bugged me. But I trust those diapers more than practically anything else

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page