Fuzzibuns: One Size VS Perfect Size - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I have read so much about CD that my eyeballs are about to fall out........

I think FB are the best start with CD for my husband and I. So, my question is-- what is everyones feedback about the two different styles that FB make?

I get the general sense of the differences....btu I would like to hear from some actual users....

Thanks Mammas!
#2 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I have exactly one OS from them. It works just fine but it is kind of weird/hard to get the fit just right. It takes a lot of fiddling and my kiddo is less than thrilled about sitting still for it.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#3 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 PM

I honestly can't stand their one-size diapers. But I know other people who love them. But adjusting them is tedious, and I still haven't figured out what settings to use (if anyone has any insight into that, let me know, she's a 12.5 pound 3 month old... the estimate on the FB site don't seem right). I can get the legs tight enough but then the waist gaps. They are my "everything else is dirty" diaper.

I like my sized ones just fine as far as snaps go.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#4 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 PM

i have 1 FB OS and i haven't washed it yet....do you wash it with the elastic in or do you take it out??

Amanda, Married to Joe for 10 years, SAHM mom to 4 kids Jacob , April , Ashton and Jada.

#5 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM

My DH loves the Fuzzubunz perfect size! I like them too (but have a preference for prefolds) and we get a great fit. She has extremely chubby thighs and a round belly.
I always put one on for overnight with one of the microfiber inserts plus a terrycloth insert or infant prefold and have only had a leak twice.
I'm really happy with them.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#6 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Also,....with the perfect size (or the other one) FB's...how many extra inserts should I be buying? I know the diaper only comes with one....
#7 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Okay, I started out with 12 of the Perfect Size FBs, and I love them! I got one OS diaper, and I have to say, I love that one, too. Here's my take on the two: The Perfect Size diapers do fit a little trimmer, and the snap system is wicked easy to use. The only catch is that if you're going to use them from birth until potty training, you'll need to buy some Smalls and some Mediums (most babies won't need the Larges). With the OSs, they'll be the only diapers you'll ever need, since they adjust to fit 7 - 35+ lbs! And I find them to be very easy to use also. I have a chubby baby - she's 9 mos old and 21 lbs, and the FuzziBunz sizing chart worked well. And really, if you find that the sizing chart doesn't quite work for your baby, once you find the proper elastic settings you won't have to change them for awhile! All you have to do is unbutton the elastic like you would a shirt, move the elastic up or down, and re-fasten. It's really simple.
Oh and you won't really need extra inserts for the Perfect Size. They last a looong time. You might want to consider getting a few hemp doublers if you have a super soaker.

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
#8 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM

You wash the diapers with the elastic in. That way you won't have to constantly reinsert the elastics into the diapers!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
#9 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Have you tried putting the waist elastics at 4? I know my daughter's diapers appear to gap a little bit in the very front, but the sides and back fit snug so it never leaks. I think the front appears to gap because you have to leave some room for babies to move around in. When my daughter is lying down the front looks a little gappy, but when she sits up or bends over it gets snug, but not snug to where it would be too tight.

#10 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 PM

I have 7 OS and 5 small fuzzibunz for my 5 month old... my husband and i both love them... It took us awhile to get the fit on the os just right and the size chart didn't work for us but once we got it no leaks. We've had a few leaks in the smalls i think bc dd is skinny... The os come with 2 inserts so we just put the two in for our night time diaper...
not sure if that helps much

Christine:: wonderful DH and precious DD(2/10)::
#11 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 PM

I have 7 OS Fuzzibunz and I love them! I haven't tried the perfect fit. In general I prefer one size because it's cheaper as I don't have to size up.

Compared to BG, I can really get a good fit with these and once you figure it out (they have recommendations when you get them on a little card) it's very easy to go from there. They look trimmer than BG too!

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#12 of 23 Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

All of your feedback helps a great deal! My LO is 7 months old now and about 19lbs...he is pretty chunky in the thights.....I will be starting with some medium perfect size FB's and going from there. This is my first time CD-- so I want to ease into it-- but eventually hope to do it full time! I know there is trial and error-- but I think the medium FB's will start me off in the right direction. (and convince my DH of the ease of use as well! )

Thanks again to all-- this was so helpful, because this is REALLY confusing for a first timer-- even a 1st timer who has read almost EVERYTHING on mothering.com about CD!!!!
#13 of 23 Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 AM

I really liked the perfect size. I was excited to try some of the one size because I loved the idea of the adjustable and easily replaceable elastics. But then I heard that they are impossible to adjust and size correctly, so we wont be bothering with those.
#14 of 23 Old 07-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I really liked the perfect size. I was excited to try some of the one size because I loved the idea of the adjustable and easily replaceable elastics. But then I heard that they are impossible to adjust and size correctly, so we wont be bothering with those.
Actually, they're really easy IMO. When I got my first one I had to take a minute to look at the chart and then look at the numbers on the elastic to understand how to adjust it properly, but I figured it out really quickly and they fit perfectly!

#15 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 02:42 AM

I wanted to love FBs. I really did. Before my DD was born, I ignored everyones advice and bought an entire stash of FBOS diapers. They drove me up the wall. I HATED them. The elastic kept popping out of place (and I even hung them to dry!) and they left horrid gashes in my daughter's back and thighs. I could also never get a really good fit and the rise on them really frustrated me. So I sold them all and gave up CDing for a couple of months.

I've been CDing full time for over 4 months now and I decided I would try a sized FB insead. I ordered the medium and the darn thing still doesn't fit right! I've had it for about three months and evidently, FBs just don't work for our daughter.

Of the two, however, I would DEFINITELY go for the sized. Definitely, definitely, definitely.

But my suggestion is to still only buy a few and see what you like once you get into it and see how they fit your LO.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#16 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 07:48 AM

The Perfect Fit for sure! I have both, the OS is the last one I reach for. I also can't get a good fit (snaps don't quite hit her right) plus the button the elastic is attached to rubs her hip and leaves a mark.

The mediums are great!

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#17 of 23 Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've got old FBs, new FBs (sized), and FB one-size. I think we get the best fit, by far, with the one-size. I also found it quite simple to adjust (ever adjusted the waist on kids' pants? same thing, but you can do both directions). I'm hoping to get some new XS sized FBs for the newbie, but will likely invest in some more OS, as well.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 23 Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Oh man. I'm a complete dufus. I was so frustrated with the one size fuzzibunz because i just could not get them to fit right. The waist always seemed to gap way open. The sizing chart talked about the setting for the legs and waist, and I thought that one end of the leg elastic was for the legs and one end was for the waist. Or maybe the snaps were the waist setting. I just now realized that there is actually elastic in the waist that I can adjust!!! Maybe now I'll like them!

#19 of 23 Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM

dont worry, that's something I would do too
#20 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Oh man. I'm a complete dufus. I was so frustrated with the one size fuzzibunz because i just could not get them to fit right. The waist always seemed to gap way open. The sizing chart talked about the setting for the legs and waist, and I thought that one end of the leg elastic was for the legs and one end was for the waist. Or maybe the snaps were the waist setting. I just now realized that there is actually elastic in the waist that I can adjust!!! Maybe now I'll like them!
Oh My Goodnesss!!!! Thank u so much for opening my eyes....my FBs were leaking every single time....wow how could I be so dumb to miss the hidden elastic at waist?

babyboy.gifborn on April 3 '10namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifread.gifgd.gif

#21 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy@STL View Post
Oh My Goodnesss!!!! Thank u so much for opening my eyes....my FBs were leaking every single time....wow how could I be so dumb to miss the hidden elastic at waist?
I'm just glad I wasn't the only one! I have an IRL friend who also didn't realize until I mentioned it last night.

#22 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM

The elastics are for the legs. I think my dd is on 2 and she's 19 lbs at 11.5 mos old. IMO I prefer the OLD version of the sized, but I have 2 OS and love them. They are pretty trim w/ 1 insert.

Rhiana mom of 4
Emmaleigh Claire born 8-7-09 :
#23 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhianaW14 View Post
The elastics are for the legs. I think my dd is on 2 and she's 19 lbs at 11.5 mos old. IMO I prefer the OLD version of the sized, but I have 2 OS and love them. They are pretty trim w/ 1 insert.
Both legs and waist are adjustable.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page