Obscure/lesser known diapers that are awesome. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently discovered pull-on style soakers in fleece and wool. Specifically the Dancing Bears fleece night time soaker. Everyone says it's awesome, and I am waiting for this miracle cover to arrive.

When I was pregnant and ordered my diaper stash, I'd say I went "safe" with a ton of BG 3.0s. I "branched out" with some GMD prefolds and Thirsties covers....and NOW that I've been CDing for about a year, I am discovering all these really cool dipes that I had no clue about before, or wasn't so sure about because ones like the BG get the most press and exposure, it seems.

So, just curious, maybe we can get a good list going of the lesser known diapers that are truly awesome. I've heard this Dancing Bears fleece cover is something "every mama should have" in her stash, and yet, I hadn't heard of its awesome-ness until just now.

Anyone else have one?

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#2 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 12:09 AM

Oooh... I'll play. This could be interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
I recently discovered pull-on style soakers in fleece and wool. Specifically the Dancing Bears fleece night time soaker. Everyone says it's awesome, and I am waiting for this miracle cover to arrive.
What is the wool soaker you discovered??

I recently stumbled upon www.greenerbaby.com They have OS pocket diapes in great colors & you can get 3 for $25. I like them almost as much as FB. With a 3mo & 23mo in diapes the OS is great to me & the price is good.

I also LOVE the wool jersey covers (not light weight) & wool crepe covers from www.loveybums.com (& what do you know - wool isn't so scary after all)

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#3 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 AM

I am truly impressed with http://www.rainshinedesigns.com/. Custom diapers with a huge selection of prints, and the quality is really impeccable. I find them a touch on the small side, but she makes lots of sizes so that's fine. I really like the wicking fabric option - my DS gets a horrible burn rash without synthetics and the wicking jersey seems to keep him very dry.

I also really like Woolly Bottoms soakers. I generally knit my own wool wraps and longies, but the Woolly Bottoms are fantastic - I've owned two shorties and a pair of footed longies and I'd definitely shell out for more.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#4 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Lucy's Hope Chest. Fantastic AIOs (I only get solid colors). Used them for both kids. Hardly use anything else.

-Angela
#5 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 AM

I LOVE my dancing bears fleece covers They are awesome! Other than that I really like Disana wool pull ons (just like the dancing bears but wool) and there are some great WAHM wool shorties and longies on Hyena Cart.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olien View Post
What is the wool soaker you discovered??
I haven't tried wool yet. What I meant was that I recently discovered that pull on styles (in fleece and wool) even existed at all. I had been using regular Aplix covers at night and getting side and belly leaks. I wish I knew about how awesome pull on covers were before I bought a ton of dipes when my baby was new.

If I knew then what I know now...I would have a totally different stash!

#7 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Pull one covers really are awesome!!

Beauchamp... I really hope you love the Dancing Bears, they are my fave cover by far!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#8 of 14 Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#9 of 14 Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM

I LOVE recycled soakers and fleece covers.

Mostly from Etsy mamas or http://diapering.wallypop.net/

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#10 of 14 Old 08-02-2010, 03:25 PM

I have heard good things about Kawaii diapers - 1 pocket diaper + 2 inserts is 6.99 I think. Not bad!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#11 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 12:00 AM

What a good idea for a thread!

I would love a great mama made fitted diaper that I can afford but works well... Anyone have any?

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#12 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 AM

lucy's hope chest makes fitteds too. Don't know where they are price-wise any more as it's been 6 years since I shopped fitteds lol

-Angela
#13 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 10:39 PM

I was just looking around on the CD thread - this is my first post here! - and I am THRILLED that this thread exists! We were searching and searching for a lightweight wool cover since I'm visiting my parents next week and there'll be temperatures in the 90's. Yuck. I was having so much trouble finding some I liked, but Loveybums has some that look wonderful! So, I ordered a couple! Hooray. Hopefully they work out!

I looove Dancing Bears covers, although I tend not to use them as much during the summer. They seem so, so comfy, and have never ever left marks on DS.

I don't know how off the beaten path they are, but I really like my Drybees Gone Natural Bamboo blend fitteds. They've been great for my heavy wetter, and seem to breathe pretty well - he stays fairly cool in them. They've also got a velour liner, so they've stayed soft and comfy.

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#14 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Pull one covers really are awesome!!

Beauchamp... I really hope you love the Dancing Bears, they are my fave cover by far!
We had a totally dry night with the combo of a large Happy Hempy stuffed with a Super Do, covered with a Dancing Bears fleece. The only troubles are that it's so darn HUGE that none of her PJs fit, and the Happy Hempy seems short in the rise. I'm not sure if I need the Super Do. It's so bulky. But I bought FIVE of them, so...

We keep our AC on at night, so I am just not sure what to do about her bottom half. Otherwise, LOVE the Dancing Bears fleece night time soaker.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page