HELP! My FB exploded - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2004, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some serious help. I bought some Lg FB after trying out a Med that was too tight on DS. The med left ugly red marks on his legs. I stuffed the lg with a CPF and when DS went poo it just didn't hold I guess it was so thick it gaped at the leg openings. Is it because he is too small for the lg or does the stuffing make a diffference? I haven't washed my lg JB enough to use them yet so I thought I could use a CPF. Any suggestions?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2004, 08:43 PM

The stuffing could definitely do it.

My guy is an infrequent pooper so I've got a little leeway
Last night I stuffed his L FB w/ a premium prefold, folded in 1/4's the 'wrong'way. That sucker, sure was fat!! The leg holes had me a bit leery since I had to snap it larger than usual to accomodate it, but it stayed dry.... poopie on the other hand is another matter.

I usually fold a regular CPF in thirds and it bunches a little, but I can get the leg snaps to the smallest setting. I also usually snap the waist w/ one wing tucked under the other, snapped next to each other.

BTW I have a 18#12oz 5mo w/ 9.5" thighs & 17" waist

HTH

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys
Old 03-17-2004, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

I too folded the CPF into 1/4's. So maybe it was the stuffing, ok. Good to know that you have your guy in a LG also. My DS is 20# and last I checked a few weeks ago his waist was 17 and his legs were 11 & 3/4. I thought maybe it was because the size chart says 10 months at the soonest (is that a word?). Thanks.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:23 PM

I use Wonderoos on my dd but same concept (pocket dipe). I just got some Joeybunz to stuff them with and it's made a huge difference in the leakage problem. Before, I was stuffing with prefolds and she would always leak because they were overstuffed. I needed that much stuffing to last the night. Now 2 Joeybunz make a much trimmer fit and they aren't even fully wet by morning.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List