Mothering Forum banner

HELP! My FB exploded

643 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  USAmma 
#1 ·
I need some serious help. I bought some Lg FB after trying out a Med that was too tight on DS. The med left ugly red marks on his legs. I stuffed the lg with a CPF and when DS went poo it just didn't hold I guess it was so thick it gaped at the leg openings. Is it because he is too small for the lg or does the stuffing make a diffference? I haven't washed my lg JB enough to use them yet so I thought I could use a CPF. Any suggestions?
:

See less See more
#2 ·
The stuffing could definitely do it.

My guy is an infrequent pooper so I've got a little leeway

Last night I stuffed his L FB w/ a premium prefold, folded in 1/4's the 'wrong'way. That sucker, sure was fat!! The leg holes had me a bit leery since I had to snap it larger than usual to accomodate it, but it stayed dry.... poopie on the other hand is another matter.

I usually fold a regular CPF in thirds and it bunches a little, but I can get the leg snaps to the smallest setting. I also usually snap the waist w/ one wing tucked under the other, snapped next to each other.

BTW I have a 18#12oz 5mo w/ 9.5" thighs & 17" waist

HTH

#3 ·
I too folded the CPF into 1/4's. So maybe it was the stuffing, ok. Good to know that you have your guy in a LG also. My DS is 20# and last I checked a few weeks ago his waist was 17 and his legs were 11 & 3/4. I thought maybe it was because the size chart says 10 months at the soonest (is that a word?). Thanks.

#4 ·
I use Wonderoos on my dd but same concept (pocket dipe). I just got some Joeybunz to stuff them with and it's made a huge difference in the leakage problem. Before, I was stuffing with prefolds and she would always leak because they were overstuffed. I needed that much stuffing to last the night. Now 2 Joeybunz make a much trimmer fit and they aren't even fully wet by morning.

Darshani

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.