best website for prefolds and covers and snappis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi, I am looking into cloth diapering. I origionally thought I would go with FuzziBuns OneSize diapers, but am now considering prefolds after hearing from many moms that these are their favorites. I am wondering about the best websites to checkout and maybe buy from. I live in Canada if that makes a difference. Also, with prefolds, do you only buy one and then fold it differently as the child gets bigger, or do you have to buy different sizes. Also, my DD is 3 1/2 months and right now in disposables she leaks EVERY TIME she poops- she is EBF so it's pretty runny. Are prefolds and covers good at keeping BM poop in the diaper.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM

I think in general you want to get at least two sizes - infant and premium. You may need a "toddler" size that is bigger than premium if you're still using prefolds by then. A good inexpensive source is Little Lions but they are in the US. I believe they do shop to Canada and I think if you put some items in the shopping cart and enter your location they will be able to calculate the shipping. It's normally pretty expensive because prefolds are heavy. I'm debating having mine shipped to the border and picking them up there, but haven't decided on which way to go yet.

Here are a copule of websites I've bookmarked that have either free shipping to Canada and free shipping when you spend over a certain amount:
http://www.sogreenbaby.com/
http://www.formomandkeiki.com/
http://www.tinybirdsorganicbabytoys.com/

I'd definitely recommend a Snappi to get better poop containment too.
#3 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 PM

www.greenmountaindiapers.com

I love their prefolds and their workhorse fitted diapers. Her descriptions of all the covers and prefolds have been very accurate for us and she is happy to answer any questions you have.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#4 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
I think GMD is fabulous if you live in the US. But for us in Canada, it costs $27 to ship 2 dozen prefolds (the only thing they will actually ship here). And that doesn't even include taxes and duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbb View Post
Also, with prefolds, do you only buy one and then fold it differently as the child gets bigger, or do you have to buy different sizes.
Oh, I forgot to add that if you want a one-size diaper that you fold differently to fit babies from little to big, you're probably looking for flats.
#5 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 10:55 PM

Yes, covers do keep in breastmilk poo, very well!

I always order from Nicki's Diapers, but I'm not sure their shipping to Canada cost.

Mama to three

#6 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 03:42 AM

I pretty much love prefolds and have cloth diapered several thru potty learning. I always got away with with a stash in "infant premium which is a 4x8x4 and premium sized again 4x8x4 meaning that they are thicker in the center which means more absorbtion.

I recently bought some from www.clothdiaper.com they have a 2nd quality section and decided I'd try it. I was really pleasantly suprised and really had to look on the majority of the dipes to see why they might be "2nd quality" the majority of mine were just dusty as if they had been on shelf uncovered. A few had puckering where the seams were sewn, nothing that made the dipes unusuable.

if you want to purchase only 1 dipe to use all thru than flats (which you fold yourself) would work. Again since you fold them you are able to make them whatever size you need. the one drawback is they can get bulky imo compared to the prefolds.

all my kids have had EBF explosive poop and prorap covers have worked great. They have an elastic gusset which helps keep it contained plus the PUL they use on the inside is easily cleaned.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page