Mothering Forum banner

Muslin blankets (Aden + Anais) as flats?

996 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MyLittleWonders 
#1 ·
I have 4 Aden + Anais for Target square muslin blankets that I don't need as blankets anymore. I was thinking about trying them as flats. If you've done this, please share your experience!

TIA!

#5 ·
They won't absorb much. A prefold has 8 layers in the middle and 4 on each end, so when you fold it in thirds you get 16 layers. To get the muslin to that point would be a ridiculous amount of folding. They're nice blankets, can't you give them to someone with a baby or sell them on ebay/craigslist?

#6 ·
It can be done (but I agree, slightly expensive flats
). From each blanket, you could get a 28x28 or 30x30 flat, and have enough left over to make some cute doublers that match. 30x30 would probably give you more folding options with your babe. And they would be rather cute (if they are print ones). But if you want to try to get more flats per blanket, you'll end up with much smaller flats, so I'm not sure how you'd eventually fold them (even pad folding might not yield enough layers).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.