CD rash...help please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter has been in cloth since about 5 months, and she is 21 months now. About 3-4 months ago she started getting rashes from cloth. I change her the instant she wets and she never sits in a dirty diaper.

And when she gets rashy, we switch to disposables and the rash is gone in a day.

We have tried bleach. We have tried washing 4-5 times on a 2.5 hour sanitary cycle. We have tried the "dawn wash" and then rinse a jillion times until the water is suds-free.

This is extraordinarily frustrating. Please help. Thank you.
#2 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM

Are you using fleece lined diapers? Some children are sensitive to fleece, and for others it is helpful in wicking away some of the moisture.

This might be a too-simple solution, but we'd always sprinkle a bit of corn starch on red bottoms and that would often (not always, but sometimes) help clear things up.

What type of diapers are you using?

Jennifer
#3 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Our younger son is VERY rash prone (some due to food issues, some due to very sensitive skin) and we have found that fleece irritates him and that he does best in prefolds and wool. What is your current diaper set up?

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 PM

My son turned out to be sensitive to stay dry lining. The moment we put a Bumgenius or fuzzibunz or any other stay dry diaper, he'd break out in a rash. Once we put prefolds on him though, it went away. So we just use prefolds and flats. I have a few fitteds, but really, prefolds and flats are the easiest to clean!

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page