mother ease covers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I received some used mother ease air flow covers. From what I understand on their website you are not supposed to wash the covers with the diapers?? That is what I was doing with my other covers and then air drying them. How should I wash them and with what?

Thanks!
Theresa
#2 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 PM

I've always washed the covers with the diapers. I generally try to air dry them but a few always ended up in the drier. They are still going strong on my second kid.
#3 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh! Those are my fav! I usually washed them with the diapers, and then let them air dry while the diapers were in the dryer.
#4 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 PM

I do the same as the others and air dry them. That cover (we have ONE!) has been our favorite nightime cover and DS uses it much of the time and has done so for a year now.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 10:35 AM

I used these a lot on DD1 and always washed them with the diapers.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#6 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 AM

I think they mean you don't have to do a full wash after every use. You can take a damp cloth and just wipe out the inside of the cover (as long as it's not soiled of corse) and reuse it up to 4 times before washing with your diapers.
#7 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM

i LOVE these covers. i just wash them with our regular clothes. i do hand wash any poo off. i always air dry.

i don't wash them with diapers as i feel it would be too harsh (hot water on a very long cycle). i also need a quicker turn-around time for the covers. i do laundry almost daily. diapers about 3-4 days.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#8 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 PM

I love LOVE these covers- ours are all sadly outgrown. I usually tossed them in the diapers- but only when they needed it. I rinsed them and hung them to dry between uses- so unless they were very soiled there wasn't a need for a wash. I got them used and they have held up better than any other covers.
#9 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought some used when I was pregnant with DS1 and have used them on all 4 kids. I've always washed them with the diapers and dried them on high, they still work fine. (My wool is the only thing I wash separately.)

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#10 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I'm really liking these covers too. While some may get washed with clothes I feel comfortable now throwing them in with the diapers. I'm using the larges for my 22mo old. I still have a few covers I need to buy to fill in for my newborn in Nov. so now I just need to decide which ones?? Thirsties or Motherease?

Theresa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page