Small gripe about this forum - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am very new here and only 4 months into cloth diapering. I have been reading this board for much longer than I have been posting and I have learned a tremendous amount about cloth diapers. This forum is fun and the first one I read when I turn on the computer. The links to wahm sites are great and it is useful to know what really works for people (even when it is frustrating not to be able to try popular dipes). So all is good ... almost.

One thing that concerns me is the talk about how boring and tedious it is to answer questions about washing, or wool, or fabric... First, these comments are likely to make newcomers wary about asking questions. It feels like we are being told not to bother anybody, just check the archives. I think most of us come to these boards not just to talk about diapers but because we really do belive that cloth is best - for baby, for the planet etc. And it seems like drawing in new people is something we should all value.

Second, we are all busy trying to work, raise kids, and lead meaningful lives (In fact I just burned the kids lunch while I was thinking about whether to respond to this thread). Searching the archives and resources can be very time consuming so it is nice to be able to ask a simple (or not so simple) question and get immediate answers. Especially since there do seem to be lots of new people here and these topics are certainly not static. There are new products, new ideas, new wahms all the time. I could spend all my time reading old threads, but I would like to have time to do the fun stuff to, like show pictures of my babes or talk about a fun or frustrating stalking episode.

I have only posted one question so far on this board. And I really appreciate the thoughtful answers and suggestions given by the few people who responded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 04:58 PM

Consumerist!

Thank you for whom ever called said this. This is exactly what I've been feeling. In fact, I've been feeling it so much in just my lurking there that I was tempted to start a thread for all of us "simple" cloth diaperers.

I think my main discomfort with the constant product talk is the money! We cloth diaper for 2 reasons, ecological & financial. Looking at all of these *new* product, who's stocking, lets fight over this auction & see whos willing to spend more, threads is very discouraging. I can't help but feel a little inferior because my DD got hand-me-down prefolds & prowraps.

I can't help but think that other, new cloth diaperers might be getting a little overwhelmed by the expense & fanciness of it all. Maybe the resources section needs to be more visable, in the forground instead of "oh all that information is over there"

Chole
#63 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by allformyboys
I have raved about certian products that I liked/used at one point in time and then found that they didn't hold up well, or had problems over all, and I have just stopped posting about them. I only post about things I like...
Exactly - I've tweaked my stash down to three WAHMs, so of course I'm going to rave about them and not others. I'll give a short synopsis when asked for reviews for a diaper I've tried, but I'm not comfortable giving a negative review on the boards (PM for those...) and I've honestly only tried a small fraction of what's available. There really isn't another option.
#64 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:00 PM

Jeez... "high school"? I'm bristling at some of the accusations here.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#65 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 PM

Interestingly enough, as much as I would like to see less "fluff" talk, I really don't wish to see more tech talk. I already am getting really irritated by the inability and lack of emphasis on doing a search in this forum or the resources forum, for basic info. Sometimes I will see the same question asked by two different people on one page! I know that when people are new, they may not know how to get on the list to be able to search or may not want to, but don't be surprised if you only get one or two responses. Some of us can only answer the same questions so many times before we burn out.
Can there be a sticky at the top of this forum that says "please start with FAQ". Can we rename resources to FAQ? People sometimes don't know what "recources" means. And IN recources, or FAQ, there should be directions on how to get on the list to do searches and a request for people to do a search before posting their questions. Yeah, put a disclaimer in there that if you can't find an answer, we are happy to help, but most people don't start with "Recources" or a search at ALL.
#66 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jessicaSAR

One thing that concerns me is the talk about how boring and tedious it is to answer questions about washing, or wool, or fabric... First, these comments are likely to make newcomers wary about asking questions. It feels like we are being told not to bother anybody, just check the archives. I think most of us come to these boards not just to talk about diapers but because we really do belive that cloth is best - for baby, for the planet etc. And it seems like drawing in new people is something we should all value.

Second, we are all busy trying to work, raise kids, and lead meaningful lives (In fact I just burned the kids lunch while I was thinking about whether to respond to this thread). Searching the archives and resources can be very time consuming so it is nice to be able to ask a simple (or not so simple) question and get immediate answers. Especially since there do seem to be lots of new people here and these topics are certainly not static. There are new products, new ideas, new wahms all the time. I could spend all my time reading old threads, but I would like to have time to do the fun stuff to, like show pictures of my babes or talk about a fun or frustrating stalking episode.

I have only posted one question so far on this board. And I really appreciate the thoughtful answers and suggestions given by the few people who responded.
OK, so then let me just say that while it does get tedious to answer the same questions again and again (and if it is time consuming to search the archives it is also time consuming to post the same information again and again, KWIM?) we are always happy to answer. All of us are crazy with trying to convert people to cloth so you bet your booty we want to help make it easier on everyone.

And, when it comes to people thinking that there is too much talk about expensive I can't help but feel like that sounds like sour grapes. Sorry. There have been threads all along about how to diaper cheaply and, again, if you ask there are at least 30 of us who will advise you on prefolds and proraps.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#67 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:08 PM

Jessica-- I don't think anyone minds questions from newbies; I think the point is, the forum would be kinda dull if that was ALL there was to it, kwim?

Chole-- Honestly, every time I see someone post and ask for good economical recommendations, scores of people come out raving about their prefolds and Proraps/Bummis/Litewraps/etc.

Amy-- ITA
#68 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:10 PM

I agree with Darshini, I totally feel that this forum is all about diaper shopping. I enjoy that aspect of diapering, though so I don't mind. I don't feel that this is a bad thing as long as people do take the time to answer the newbie/diaper care questions.
#69 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choleblack
Consumerist!

I think my main discomfort with the constant product talk is the money! We cloth diaper for 2 reasons, ecological & financial. Looking at all of these *new* product, who's stocking, lets fight over this auction & see whos willing to spend more, threads is very discouraging. I can't help but feel a little inferior because my DD got hand-me-down prefolds & prowraps.
Understandable, but some people DON'T do it to save money. Some people put more emphasis on the fact that cding is better for their baby's bum and don't mind spending money on a fun hobby.

I've never seen "fights" over who's willing to spend more.

We're ALL consumers, why not support a good WAHM while we're at it????

(This will never be resolved to everyone's liking.... )
#70 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kermit
Can there be a sticky at the top of this forum that says "please start with FAQ". Can we rename resources to FAQ? People sometimes don't know what "recources" means. And IN recources, or FAQ, there should be directions on how to get on the list to do searches and a request for people to do a search before posting their questions. Yeah, put a disclaimer in there that if you can't find an answer, we are happy to help, but most people don't start with "Recources" or a search at ALL.
I think these are cool ideas. I never noticed "Resources" up there, but I think we all know what FAQ means.
#71 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:17 PM

I absolutely agree that the forum would be boring with only wash and care questions!! I just want it to be a welcome part of the forum. I want everyone to feel welcome, no matter where they are on their cloth diapering journey.

I am not expecting long posts by everyone for every question. But if we all share a little bit of wisdom, that can be very helpful for those who aren't sure where to begin.

And, from someone who is new, and admittedly a little bit shy, asking a question can be a good way to begin a conversation. Sure, I could probably find all the info I need without posting, but it is not always easy to enter in the middle of a coversation.
#72 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by natashaccat
I agree with Darshini, I totally feel that this forum is all about diaper shopping. I enjoy that aspect of diapering, though so I don't mind.
I have to disagree because I just scrolled thru a few days posts & found a HUGE assortment of threads. On the first page alone, this is what I found:

(In summary)

*Happy that old covers fit
*Hubby happy that they CD
*Sharing pics
*Wiping question
*Poo question
*Organinzing diapers
*Question @ hemp fitteds
*Auctions to help a needy mom
*Prewashed toddler UBCPF's
*Waterproofing
*Fiberfill in prefolds
*Fuzzi Bunz Seconds
*Waterproof training pants suggestions
*Wool soakers
*Posting pics
*Ebay win
*Preemie CPF's
*Need siaper suggestions

That was just one page. Most pages have variety like that. I just don't get why it is a problem. Read what you like & ignore the rest. After CD'ing for 8 years, I always skip the washing & care threads unless someone hasn't gotten a reply~then I will answer what I can. There is enough here for everyone. I think breaking things down into small little forums is unnecessary.
#73 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 PM

There was talk some time back about doing a forum just for the "tech" side, as I recall, everybody agreed that it would get neglected by those in the "know" and would soon lead to frustration and failure among new converts. Same thing would probably hold true if the forum was split into a hyena side and a technical side-the majority of posters seems into hyena type posts-so those people would be hanging out in their forum, and those looking for tech info would be left hanging-or they would have to go the the hyena forum for help. IMO it would be counterproductive, but that is just my 2cents worth.
I personally enjoy the hyena talk, as I can live vicariously through those posts-as my ds is potty learning and doesn't need new diapers
Perhaps, the resources section could be updated with any new technical info that might arise-new and wonderous washing products, amazing hemp "de-stinkers" and such? It just seems that there are only so many ways to wash/dry and de-stink, it wouldn't make for much reading fun (which is why I am here these days). Or, we could start a new resource section (if it doesn't already exist-jeez my knowledge base is astounding LOL), why not a review of products used-like different laundry soaps and related stuff.
"I bought brand X and used it on my hemp diapers-it removed the stink completely after only X washes unlike the brand Y I wa using before. However, I wouldn't recommend brands X or Y for pockets, and IMO it tends to cause repelling.................."
Then, mama's could see how other people felt about particular products and decide which product might work best for them and their particular diapering situation (it works for diapers and companies, why not diaper cleaning products?).

Just a thought
Shan
#74 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:45 PM

I just have one thing to say: If it had not been for this board, I would not be cding.

I started with prefolds and neither my dh or our daycare provider could get it right, so i went back to sposies. Once I found this board and discovered there were other simpler options, I stocked up, switched back and we haven't looked back.

OK, now I have a workable stash I am looking for fun dipes for me, but that's my choice.
#75 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choleblack

I think my main discomfort with the constant product talk is the money! We cloth diaper for 2 reasons, ecological & financial.
My primary reason for cloth diapering is to protect my son from sposie chemicals. I thought that I would save money, too, but that was before I learned how fun it is to pet diapers. :LOL I get so much more out of them than just a dry lap.

But if someone's in it for the financial savings, that is certainly legitimate and do-able. But I'm still gonna have my fun...

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#76 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:47 PM

I really like the forum the way it is. I like the fact that it is fast moving and everytime I come here there is something new being talked about. Also, I have no one IRL that shares my passion for CDing, people are usually interested but they don't want to discuss in great depths the best wool covers, how hard it is to get certain diapers, and all the fun aspects of CDing. I like that I can come here and there are people who are also passionate about cloth diapering and are looking for the perfect system, wash routine, storage, etc. I really enjoy looking at everyones pictures and hearing what diapers they are expecting or stalking.
#77 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 05:56 PM

When I was new to CD'ing this board was invaluable to me!!! I don't think I would be CD'ing if it didn't have ALL the information it does. It helped dispell a lot of myths that I had heard about cloth. I learned so much, not only about diaper care but about some great products too. If there hadn't been posts about " so and so makes great diapers" I probably wouldn't have as many great diapers as I do! Finding those diapers through these posts has made me even more excited about CD'ing. Now that I have most of the diapers I need, I'm still able to learn about washing techniques, etc.

IMO, there's something here for everyone. Right now it seems like there's a whole new slew of great diapers out there, so there's going to be more posts about that. Eventually that will change, and there may be more posts about diaper care, problems, etc. It changes with the times.

I like the board the way it is, I think there's a good mix of everything. Even if I can't buy the expensive diapers, I always like to know what's new and how it's working.

As far as 'cliques' go, I haven't noticed any. There are posters who are obviously friends, posters who have the same interests, and certian diapers do have a following but I don't feel anything cliquish and/or excluded at all.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#78 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stacey31
I have to disagree because I just scrolled thru a few days posts & found a HUGE assortment of threads. On the first page alone, this is what I found:

Let me rephrase...I think that there is more emhasis in diaper shopping on this diaper forum than on other forums that I sometimes visit.

I guess I precieve this forum as being all about diaper shopping because frankly, now that I've mastered that basics of diaper care (at least as far a developing a system the works well for me), diaper shopping info is my primary interest and reason for coming here.

I don't mind at all when people ask basic questions instead of reading the archives. I think that the archives are great but when I ask a question I like "fresh" info and perspectives. Concievably I could have posted something in an archived post that seemed true a year ago but that I would now disagree with. Like when Hemp first started to become really popular people used to think it was the greatest fabric ever but now hepm complaints are common.
#79 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:03 PM

I guess I could be one of the mama's who rave about one dipe alot......
I found what works for me and I want people to know.... I have never considered it spam.... I dont get paid to say i love so in so dipe...... I mean come on if there wasnt the look what i just got or looks who is stocking today then it would be boring.....

the board would be all technical..... if you dont want to read those post well then DON'T no one is holding your click finger and telling you to click on the look what i just bought post..... scroll past it go to the next page... or here is an idea.. if you want to only read about washing dipes or de-stinking your hemp then do a search you you only have to read what you are interseted in..........

Ok off my now to go eat my chocolate(pmsing) and nurse my sick pnemonia ridden DS.....

Since it is offensive to some i will not post a link to my most favorite WAHM who i think deserves all the buisness she can get......
#80 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:04 PM

I Please, please, please do not break the forum up into more subdivisions. It's time consuming and a general PITB to have to surf several different forums. I think most people here do a good job of giving their pot a good title so we know what's inside, and everyone's got the option of passing by a thread they don't think will suit them.

FWIW, I am not a hyena by any means at all (I mostly stick to prefolds, with the occasional fitted thrown in, usually from trades, LOL.) TH eonly reason my boys have had*hyena* wool is because I've knit it for them, LOL. I still enjoy reading the fluffmail threads and seeing all the pics, same as I enjoy watching my husband while he's watching football (which I don't like, can't understand and don't even try to follow, LOL!) It's fun to watch others when they are so passionate and excited about their hobby, IMO.
#81 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:07 PM

Wow, an explosive topic!

I need to run out of the house but first my OPINION on the matter:

If all you need is straight information about cd how-to, that can be achieved by searching or reading resources.

I think the real GIFT that this forum provides is community. Here we can get our fill of TALKING about cloth diapering with people who care. Some mamas dont' have that IRL.

That is why we answer the same washing and sourcing questions over and over again. Because we like having someone to talk to on this topic.

So since COMMUNITy is our most valuable resource here, let's please remember to handle it gently and converse with care and respect!

We all come for different reasons. Why we stay is another matter.

Respectfully,
Pamela
#82 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:10 PM

I just wanted to add that I almost always read the newcomer/simple questions but many times someone else has already given the answer that I would have given. If I have something to add I do, but lots of times I don't...so that is why the simpler threads dont have alot of replies all the time.
Please don't subdivide the forum. I don't have the fastest of computers and it would take alot of wading for me to get what I get here on this one forum. I really really like it the way it is. If you don't like a certain thread don't open it. If you don't care to click a link in someone's post don't click it. I went on a diaper buying spree recently but I can't blame the board for that. I have come to a place where I can control my urges and not buy every thing that someone posts about.
Anyway...carry on.
#83 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:20 PM

I'm pretty new to MDC, but I started researching diapers many months ago from links on another site that I frequent. The MDC diapering forum is a wonderful resource. I have yet to find another that is so diverse (I found one that focuses almost entirely on prefolds and covers- sooooo boring).

Regarding cliques: I really don't agree that there are. I do see people that "know" each other from posting, but that is bound to happen after a fashion. It doesn't bother me and I certainly don't feel "left out". No one has ever informed me secretly or otherwise of a WAHM stocking. I follow the WAHM's that I'm interested in by watching their websites and looking for links pertaining to stocking/stalking here. I understand the obscure language as long as it pertains to the WAHM site I frequent (i.e. the "Mid March" reference regarding fluffymail.com). I can understand it might be frustrating to not understand what someone is talking about, but I agree that PMing the OP (or whomever) is a good idea.

As far as saving money is concerned, I'm using nearly all AIO's. I consider it an up front investment that I can still get a nice return on when my baby outgrows them. I never would have known that cloth diapering could be fun AND economical if I hadn't doing my research. In fact, I don't think I would be very interested in only using prefolds and covers (color and print addict) .

I love that I can come here and talk about ALL aspects of cloth diapering. Having a varity of threads in one forum is perfect. I just stay away from the threads I don't feel pertain to me (which is probably wise, or I'd be here all day). :LOL

DS 6 DD 8
#84 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:37 PM

My previous post was short and i didnt get to explain (I am at work).

I know that raving about a wahm isnt spam. Even raving about a friend isnt necessarily spam. But when a few wahms *always* rave about each other, whether or not they use and like the product, i consider that spam. i understand wanting to share about a product that you use and like. we all want to do that. But, when the raving becomes frequent it is frustrating, especially when you know that the wahms are friends and are doing it for each other. honestly, in some ways i feel that that is manipulating the rest of the board members but maybe i am alone in that.

i am cranky today FYI.

also wanted to add that there are cliques here. doesnt bother me, but i'm not going to pretend that they dont exist
#85 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:51 PM

I just wanted to put my two cents in:

I think it is important to remember that not everyone cds for the same reasons. For me, it is a health choice, not really a financial one. I *could* buy whatever diaper my little heart desired, but I do mainly buy used or more affordable diapers...

I like the idea of diaper hyenas sharing their thoughts and frequently! I take an opinion of quality from someone who has tried 100 different diapers over someone who has only used two kinds of diapers. I just think the more diapers tried, the accurate the opinion is going to be.

I don't think this board is cliqueish and if it is- well- Am I IN THE POPULAR GROUP? (sorry, I have never been in the popular group, I don't know exactly how that would feel)...

I think there are lots of things here that I could let bother me. For example, I don't know why some people put ALL their opinions of different topics in their tag line- I could care less who circumcises or vaccinates and who doesn't I am here for the cloth and that's it. I just ignore that.

I use to frequent a different diaper board for a long time. It mostly centered on cost and care of diapers. I got bored answering the same questions over and over again. I don't go there anymore. If it seems like the group for you though, pm me and I will give you the info.
#86 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weetzie
My previous post was short and i didnt get to explain (I am at work).

I know that raving about a wahm isnt spam. Even raving about a friend isnt necessarily spam. But when a few wahms *always* rave about each other, whether or not they use and like the product, i consider that spam. i understand wanting to share about a product that you use and like. we all want to do that. But, when the raving becomes frequent it is frustrating, especially when you know that the wahms are friends and are doing it for each other. honestly, in some ways i feel that that is manipulating the rest of the board members but maybe i am alone in that.

i am cranky today FYI.
How do you know whom is whom? I rave on and off about a lot of people and if I love a product enough I'll talk about it quite frequently. I don't feel I ever run around doing people favors because they are my friends or whatnot. There are quite a few WAHM's that I really like but I don't say much about their products because they didn't work well for us. Anyway, I guess I'm just bothered by the thought that simply stating my oppinion may make people think that I've got some kind of friend club and am trying to boost someone's sales, etc. (not that this was directed at me.. I just need to hear your response).

Oh and I could use a little mental boost myself! lol
#87 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 PM

When I think of a clique, I think of people being deliberately excluded. I don't really see that happening here. It IS true that some people are closer friends than others--some know each other IRL, some have simply been chatting here and other places for a long time, and some just have really similar tastes/interests. It doesn't mean they are trying to exlude others, though. It may seem like a fine line, but it IS a line.
#88 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 06:59 PM

First, I want to say that I would expect this question from Darshani. For one, she is practical ... precious and practical. She has been here a good while and before she was chasing a second one around her home, she posted a healthy helping. I don't believe she ever passed up a chance to share 'tech talk' and to greet a newbie and answer questions. She is all about hospitality and Darshani, that is entirely appreciated on boards that need a balance of individuals to make the community whole.

Much like phishmama contributed ... bumping up posts that are falling behind 'stocking' or 'stalking' days are an important aspect of keeping our population dynamic and maintaining our desire toward cloth diaper advocacy. And it is true that this is integral - if we aren't answering the beginning questions (which I believe a good amt. still strive to do so), then we fail to 'convert,' because I think we can all remember how overwhelming the whole cloth diaper underground scene is/was when first stepping foot into this or other communities. For those new to our forum, a good first step is the Acronyms/Lingo Thread that can be found in the Resources Subforum.

As far as renaming Resources - I can see what you are saying Kermit, but when trying to source out a name, we didn't feel that FAQs adequately covered the slew of subjects that are within that subforum.

LifeTapestry's ebb and flow definition is truly indicative of the cyclical pattern of these boards. Even the membership is cyclical as many of us have had one or two children in diapers in our time spent here. We all have different needs at different times - I know when I started cd'ing Kenny, following Meredith, I was a tad confused with the concept of 'boy parts' and why the freak he could pee in his face with a diaper on. Sounds silly, but I just didn't 'get' to point that puppy down. :LOL

Karla stated: "Finally, I believe that the last thing needed to fix what ain't broke is more moderator action in this forum. I would strongly oppose any "fix" by the moderators."

Can I hear an AMEN! Really ... it is not our desire to moderate with an iron fist ... it is a huge task to just keep things civil at times (as we all know that many of us have shown our faces on here more than once - me included). As well, as another member has recently pointed out - many need to take on 'self-moderation' attributes and the community should function in a way that we all hold each other to a respectful standard. So, no ... I don't think this is a situation where threads need to be moved or merged ... that is actually something that has been hashed over multiple times (with community input) and as has been said ... the general consensus was to keep it simple and right here.

pinkymommy stated: "I do think that talking in a negative way about products here is a bit frowned upon. I guess there are other sites to look at for more info about the pros AND the cons of diapers."

Please don't think that. Yes, we would like to see reviews placed in reviews, but we aren't pulling reviews from the forum. Now, if the same person is repeatedly posting against a certain WAHM and there are complaints that it seems vindictive, we'll look into it and likely PM and converse a bit behind the scenes. However, for the most part it is necessary and NEEDED to have all sides to the equation. We do NOT allow negative reviews of WAHMs (as in THE PERSON) on the forum, but if you have had a not-so-satisfactory experience with a diaper fit, soakage, etc... and a momma is asking specifically about that diaper ... this is a place to state your experience. There is a balance, of course, but raves and rants are acceptable.

As far as the definition of SPAM ... primarily it is in the promotion of one's own business, but yes ... it can lean over towards others' supporting. That is a fine line and one that we on rare occasions have to address when many threads are brought to our attention. But still, I'm crazy about FFQDs and Bummis Whisper Pants. I have loved other diapers/covers as well and raved about them. No kickbacks ... no freebies as a result ... just liked the product and spoke my mind.

I too think it is obvious to the community when two WAHMs or a WAHM and a friend are highly supportive of each other in every post ... and it ultimately hurts in the long run b/c we've been told that they just start getting blocked out ... everyone just 'knows.' Isn't that true in any community?

Hmmm ... so, I'm talking in circles, but I gotta say - WE ARE ALL HERE b/c we love MDC. Those that don't - well, they eventually leave. Those that are busy ... they post less. Those that are active in a jillion communities online ... well, they must never get anything done (:LOL like me). J/J

You guys are an incredible bunch of cloth diaper advocates ... I'm truly proud to be in your midst.
#89 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 07:02 PM

I love this board just the way it is, and I could ellaborate, but it would just be repeating what others have said.

#90 of 117 Old 03-22-2004, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had no idea that I this would develop into a 5 page (so far) thread! I just read every response and want to thank you all for sharing your point of view. I can totally understand and agree with your perspectives.

Heather you are so diplomatic!

I really apologize if this has ruffled feathers. I love this board and would never try to hurt anyone's feelings or accuse anyone on purpose. I was just musing and wanted to post my observations about how this board has changed since I started coming here. But hey, if it works for you, it works for me!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page