econobum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is your experience?

I wasted a lot of money on the Gdiaper cloth system (leaks every single time)
and I don't want to do that again.

I tried to find econobum in reviews but was unsuccessful.

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

#2 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM

I bought the Econobum set when DS#2 was 5 months old- and I still use them. I like them alot- although I have managed to get a variety of other pre-folds and and fitted diapers as well. I've really liked them. People also say they really like the Flip System, too.

Good luck!

Mom, wife, full-time student.  And tired.  DH, DS#1 (9/99) and DS#2 (9/09), and 2 dogs.

#3 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 PM

i just returned it. Too bulky and the back of the snaps touched her skin. I prefer regular prefolds with a thirsties or flip cover.
#4 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM

I like them. They are just a plain jane workhorse prefold and cover diaper system at a good price. I have been using them as my main dipes since DD was 3 months old. DD is a year old now.

You can read some reviews of them on the cottonbabies website when you click on the product.
#5 of 6 Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 AM

I always had great success with basic prefolds and covers, which is what the Econobum is, though some don't care for one size covers for newborns. (Not sure the age/weight of your baby.) You can get them in singles or smaller packs, rather than a whole set if you wanted to try out one before you spent money on an entire stash. You may also be able to find one gently used.

Jennifer
#6 of 6 Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM

I got a box of econobum and one stay dry flip diaper when DS was ~15 months old, and I love them. I do prefer the flip cover to the econobum covers, but the econobum ones have never leaked, and DS doesn't seem to mind having the back of the snaps against his skin. I'm not sure how well I'll like the one-size prefold on a newborn, but they're currently my favorite. I've never had a leak with the prefolds, unlike our bumgenius diapers, which sometimes leak even when they're not full.

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page