Lands End Diaper Bag Backpack - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the Lands End Diaper Bag w/my first child and LOVED it! I see they now have a backpack and was wondering if anyone had used it. I was thinking a backpack style diaper bag would be handy w/2 little ones. My only real concern is that it's a bit smaller. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have an older LE diaper bag backpack and have hung onto it because it's so practical. We don't use it regularly because it's BIG - perhaps not the same one they have now. But I have always liked at least having the option of a backpack. The bag I got with #2 was convertible from shoulder bag to backpack and that was pretty ideal for me!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Heather - Thanks for your response! The new LE backpack is actually convertible as well...may I ask what brand you have now? I do like the option of carrying it as a backpack OR shoulder bag.
#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The one I got back then (6 years ago!) was a Fleurville style that I don't think they make anymore. I have seen some other brands with similar concepts, though.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM

I have to share this - I followed this thread and looked into each type of bag mentioned and also did a search on here and the diaperswappers search forum under backpack and also saw that a Jeep diaperbag at WalMart (I know WM!) for $20 was really roomy. I thought the backpack style Land's End looked a little odd for me so I also went to REI as they are having a member sale with 20% off one item - I found a laptop bag called PacSafe ToteSafe 200 - originally priced for $89.95 and on sale for $35 plus a 20% discount. It looks really roomy inside and I have an extra strap at home I can place on it to make it into a sling type bag as well as a shoulder bag. I guess it pays to look around and that it does not have to be produced as a diaper bag per se!

User Tag List