i want to buy some mama cloth?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't even know what forum this goes in?! couldn't figure it out!!

I have some I made, but I don't like them. I want some that fasten securely to the panties, will not show stains as badly because they have vivid color....some that are ABSORBENT and don't cost me an arm and a leg.

Am I asking too much???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM

Try the Natural Body Care forum.

My favorite are these: http://gemcloth.webs.com made by a WAHM, she always has great fabrics and she can customize things for you as well. They have wings that snap onto your panties. They are also some of the cheapest (and most well-made) that I've found (I usually buy her clearance or defective ones and they have only the most minor, unnoticeable stitching flaws.)

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post
Try the Natural Body Care forum.

My favorite are these: http://gemcloth.webs.com made by a WAHM, she always has great fabrics and she can customize things for you as well. They have wings that snap onto your panties. They are also some of the cheapest (and most well-made) that I've found (I usually buy her clearance or defective ones and they have only the most minor, unnoticeable stitching flaws.)
TYSM!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 PM

I have some GEM pads on the way to try out. They are very reasonably priced, I'll let you know how I like them once they get here!

The other kind that I like are http://hyenacart.com/TreeHugger/, the ones made from minkee don't stain, even the light colours which makes me happy.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:35 PM

I really like the GEM cloth pads I have. They don't feel super bulky. Great price too!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 PM

Im so going to buy some of these. They are a great price and cute too!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

ok, for all you gals that are suggesting the GEM mama cloth, do they wash/rinse easily??

I started another thread somewhere about washing mama cloth. You see, I have problems getting my homemade mama cloth pads clean. That is why I am thinking of buying some. Mine are made from towels and receiving blankets. They are layers. some ladies in my other thread suggested that maybe since I have a heavy flow the pads that are add-on inserts might wash easier for me.....

It just seems that mine get clean but not in the middle, if that makes sense...

has anyone ever had this problem with the GEM ones??

someone in my other thread suggested Luna because of the way they are made...perhaps with rinse /clean easier.

whatcha think?

the GEM ones are REALLY tempting to me right now. The price is actually pretty good, imo.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I think they wash well. I am lazy & don't rinse/soak or anything so some of the lighter color ones I have are stained (I should have ordered all dark velour but I ended up going for some cheap clearance ones that were already made with light velour). But regardless of light stains, they are "clean" still and they still absorb well and have no odor or anything (I've had them for almost a year now & use them every cycle). I just throw them in the wash with DS's diapers.

If you want to try them out I know when I ordered mine (and then went back & ordered more about 5 times since, I love them so much!) she was willing to send just one Topadz set (which is like $4 for a holder & 2 inserts). And shipping was free when I ordered as well. So it would be very cheap to try out & see if you like them!! (I swear she should pay me to advertise for her because I'm always raving about them to anyone who will listen!! lol!!)

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif

User Tag List